Gays serving openly in the military

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Gays serving openly in the military

Postby lefty-hyzer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 am

the studies you are speaking of are actually proving otherwise, sir. nothing similar to the "gay gene" has been identified, and it won't be, because it's a choice.

edit: and you are contradicting yourself in the last post. if sibling homosexuality is rare, that affirms that it is in fact choice, not genetics, that controls it. if it were genetics, wouldn't parents with the gay gene produce a majority of gay offspring, if not all?

who cares either way, genetics, choice, as stated before, as long as no harm is being done it really doesn't matter.
Last edited by lefty-hyzer on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:the studies you are speaking of are actually proving otherwise, sir. nothing similar to the "gay gene" has been identified, and it won't be, because it's a choice.

can you honestly look at this guy and say he wasn't born like this?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:the studies you are speaking of are actually proving otherwise, sir. nothing similar to the "gay gene" has been identified, and it won't be, because it's a choice.

Don't think too hard...I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. :roll:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby lefty-hyzer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 am

discspeed wrote:

ahhhh, yes, me simple minded lil peanut brain must not be overloaded, or it may implodes. be serious man, you aren't the only one who went to school...go read the post again and give me a good answer.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:
discspeed wrote:

ahhhh, yes, me simple minded lil peanut brain must not be overloaded, or it may implodes. be serious man, you aren't the only one who went to school...go read the post again and give me a good answer.

If two siblings grow up in the same environment and only one turns out gay...

And since we know that with genetics, not every sibling inherits the same genes.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Bugbee » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 am

To quote Bill Hicks: "I don't want any gay people hanging around me while I'm killing kids."

Fun link http://www.pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=722

NSFW
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:
discspeed wrote:

Hmm, lets see, I take 5 paragraphs to explain myself and you spit out a line of babble and you want me to take it seriously? Since when does science work this way: Well, we haven't yet discovered ________, so that proves it doesn't exist. That's the opposite of science. Genetic science isn't even 20 years old. Regarding the last part, well, I know gay people in my family, grew up with them, and I know they did not choose that.
discspeed

Postby lefty-hyzer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 am

yes, i understand how it works.

e.g. - mom = redhead, dad = brown hair. said parents produce 3 offspring, most likely 2, if not all 3 are redheads regardless of the lack of the donor gene on the dad's end. if both parents posses the gene, though, wouldn't that virtually ensure it's passed?

wait, is it even possible for 2 gay genes to mate, would they not be gay as well?? you're right discspeed, i may hurt myself.

edit: ok ok i'm semi trolling now, i'm done with this one.
Last edited by lefty-hyzer on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby SkaBob » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 am

How then do you explain animals that have been found to have homosexual tendencies/preferences (there are several studies out now that go into detail on this if you'd care to look them up)? Animals act on an instinctual level, where just about all of their behaviour exists to keep the pack stable, allow them to eat, and most importantly allow them to reproduce.

Are these animals saying "Gee, that boy wolf is having sex with that other boy wolf. I think that's what I want to do, too!"? Are they seeing homosexual humans having sex and choosing to do the same? Do they think they're going to produce offspring with another male? The hugely vast majority of animals understand instinctively that when you want a kid, you stick your weewee in a female's hoohaa. If it was mere confusion, we'd see animals having gay sex all the time, rather than it being a minority event.

I mean, if there's no genetic component, what inspiration would animals have to boink their own gender?

And I'm not even touching reptiles that can change their gender in order to help the population continue...
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:
edit: ok ok i'm semi trolling now, i'm done with this one.

Mods...I think lefty is deserving of the name "Semi-Troll". What do you guys think?
:lol:
discspeed

Postby lefty-hyzer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 am

SkaBob wrote:

How then do you explain animals that have been found to have homosexual tendencies/preferences (there are several studies out now that go into detail on this if you'd care to look them up)? Animals act on an instinctual level, where just about all of their behaviour exists to keep the pack stable, allow them to eat, and most importantly allow them to reproduce.

Are these animals saying "Gee, that boy wolf is having sex with that other boy wolf. I think that's what I want to do, too!"? Are they seeing homosexual humans having sex and choosing to do the same? Do they think they're going to produce offspring with another male? The hugely vast majority of animals understand instinctively that when you want a kid, you stick your weewee in a female's hoohaa. If it was mere confusion, we'd see animals having gay sex all the time, rather than it being a minority event.

I mean, if there's no genetic component, what inspiration would animals have to boink their own gender?

And I'm not even touching reptiles that can change their gender in order to help the population continue...

hahahahaha, if you can find some documented proof of any male animal, humping another male animal (and i mean penetration, all k9s, and some other mammals, even females, will "hump" to show dominance), that would be pretty funny. you can't though.

gender benders don't count in the challenge.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:
SkaBob wrote:

hahahahaha, if you can find some documented proof of any male animal, humping another male animal, that would be pretty funny. you can't though.

gender benders don't count in the challenge.

You must not spend much time on the internet...If I wasn't at work with filters I bet I could find a video in less than 30 seconds. That would be better fodder for my Bizarre thread though.
discspeed

Postby peppermack » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 am

I raise beef cattle...I have witnessed two bulls going at it like two kids at Christmas. It happens all the time man. They must have had bad parents Lefty.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby lefty-hyzer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

clarified... ^^
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby SkaBob » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:22 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:hahahahaha, if you can find some documented proof of any male animal, humping another male animal (and i mean penetration, all k9s, and some other mammals, even females, will "hump" to show dominance), that would be pretty funny. you can't though.

Yeah, because I'm the kind of guy to run my mouth about science and studies when I'm just talking out my ass.

Is National Geographic a reputable source in your book?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... nimal.html
http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blo ... imals.html

Here's another one:
http://www.livescience.com/animals/0611 ... imals.html

And another:
http://www.livescience.com/animals/0805 ... imals.html

Wikipedia's article on the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual ... in_animals

The list of some of the species known to have homosexual sex:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_an ... l_behavior

Can we be done pretending you know what the hell you're talking about now?
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.