Super Bowl

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Super Bowl

Postby wdb4th » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:54 am

I just got the script for the Super Bowl. Colts 34-28. Colts score 4TDs and kick 2. One of those to win the game with less than a minute left. Saints score 4 and kick 1. Get the ball down to the 45 with about 3 seconds left, Brees throws a hail mary that gets tipped away. Sorry Saints fans.

Anyone else think this is an oddly specific prediction?
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Re: Super Bowl

Postby Solty » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:10 am

..if the saints score 4 and kick 1.....it would be 34-31......
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Jsw » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:28 am

I'll preface this post with two facts.

1. I'm not a fan of either team(though I respect both)
2. I love to handicap & bet on the NFL - though I'm no expert or shark.

I don't really get into the whole "play by play" script prediction - there are just too many variables to process IMO to go down that road with any real sense of consistent accuracy. So yeah - I think its a little "oddly specific" - which doesn't make it absurd - or that your final score is redonkulous.

I don't think there is going to be as much scoring as everyone else thinks, personally. Don't get me wrong - these teams will get their points, but I'm thinking more in the 27-20, or 30 to 17 range.

I have a big lean towards the Colts in this game - I think both offenses are very high powered, however NO's defense is pretty suspect at times, while the Colt's defense has been pretty solid behind the "bend but don't break" philosophy. It always concerns me when a defense gives up lots of points and big plays AT HOME, like NO's done all post-season.

The Colts defense reminds me a bit of quicksand, the more you panic and get yourself away from your gameplan, the more you're gunna' sink. They KNOW their offense can score, so basically they just try to take away anything "over the top" and let you make mistakes trying to come back.

SO, combine an under-rated Indy defense, with the fact that NO will(I believe) try to run the ball and utilize the screen to a rejuvenated Reggie Bush to control the ball. And I like...

TOTAL: UNDER 57.

COLTS -5(now they are at -6 but I got them at -5 last week)

The super bowl always brings in some fun prop bets(Prop bets are things like "Which team will win the coin flip", "will Peyton Manning throw for more than 3 TDs" etc.

The one I singled in on is "Matt Stover 8pts", and I took him going OVER that total. Take it from a Ravens fan -Matt Stover is money, Hardly ever misses an extra point, and will nail a 42 yarder, in the wind, with the game on the line. I think Indy will score 3 TDs at least. That means all Matty Ice has to do is score TWO field goals during the entire game. Indy tends to stall early in the the game when they reach the red zone - so I love Matts chances of covering this line.

Those are my predictions - take em' for what they're worth(not much :lol: ) Lets hope for a great game with no injuries and no BS referee jobs. Enjoy the game everybody 8)
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby wdb4th » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 am

Solty wrote:..if the saints score 4 and kick 1.....it would be 34-31......

Oops. Forgot to add the 3.
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Postby roadkill » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:57 am

Superbowl Predictions: The game will garner the 2nd highest viewing audience of any superbowl. At some point Peyton Manning will get injured (hand or ankle). He may come out briefly but will return and play the rest of the game. Dwight Freeney will play less than half the game and be ineffective. Final score Saints 33 Colts 27. Drew Brees MVP of the game. Gatorade dumped on Sean Payton will be orange.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Solty » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:47 am

heads will be the coin toss!
Solty

Postby wdb4th » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 am

Saints will lose the toss and the colts will defer.
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Postby roadkill » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 pm

roadkill wrote:Superbowl Predictions: Dwight Freeney will play less than half the game and be ineffective. Final score Saints 33 Colts 27. Drew Brees MVP of the game. Gatorade dumped on Sean Payton will be orange.

I got the score wrong but most of it down to the color of the Gatorade was spot on.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Roy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:39 pm

roadkill wrote:
roadkill wrote:Superbowl Predictions: Dwight Freeney will play less than half the game and be ineffective. Final score Saints 33 Colts 27. Drew Brees MVP of the game. Gatorade dumped on Sean Payton will be orange.

I got the score wrong but most of it down to the color of the Gatorade was spot on.

I noticed that. Orange it was :lol:
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Roy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Or maybe it was watered down fruit punch.

Trent Dilfer sucks to list to too. :evil:
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Danforth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:48 am

Solty wrote:heads will be the coin toss!

Do you have any winning lottery numbers? :wink:
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby Solty » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Danforth wrote:
Solty wrote:heads will be the coin toss!

Do you have any winning lottery numbers? :wink:

:)
Solty

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.