New cell phone question - games on verizon?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New cell phone question - games on verizon?

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:39 pm

So it looks like games on verizon use the BREW format. I'd like to get couple but wanted to hear if anyone knows how this works. It's tough to google this since all the pages that come back are sites trying to sell stuff.

Why can't I get flash games? propriety reasons only or is there something else?

Will all brew games work on my phone or are there certain formats for certain phones?
Last edited by Roy on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Re: ringtones and wallpapers for my cell

Postby MotoDj » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 pm

anything free...

can you hook your phone up to your pc? via wire or bluetooth?

wire can do more, but bluetooth should do music and pics ok... but slower

i cant remember any websites offhand... but for photos just search for your screen size in pixels, right click on em and save
upload to phone, its that simple
MotoDj
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: i carry 6 favorites

Postby Roy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:30 am

Thanks man. I will have to do some playing around... I havent really even tried yet.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Booter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:33 am

I use myxertones.com you can create your own rigtones and upload them to the site,then send em to your phone if it's compatible. I think they have screen savers also but I know on my palm pre I can just save pics off here and there and just set them as wall papers.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:44 am

I never did understand why people would pay for ringtones or wallpapers when you have a phone that can be connected to a computer.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby SkaBob » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 am

USB cable and mp3 slicing software ftw.

Me, however, I use a portal ringtone I found on some fansite...it's the looping radio mix of the song from the credits that you hear on all the little radios around the research facility. It was free, and it rules.
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 am

Dunno if it works with all phones and carriers, but I've made ringtones on my computer and emailed them to my phone as an attachment (works just like a picture text message), and then saved the tone as one one of the ringtones.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Re: New cell phone question - games on verizon?

Postby Roy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 pm

edited the origanal post with a new question.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby MotoDj » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:48 pm

dude...

http://www.howardforums.com/index.php?s ... 594a13400&

look round this sight, read through the forums, theres alot of usable stuff, mostly for hacking/modding phones...
if its not on their site, search their site for your phone and someone will have posted a link...

i cant remember all the ones i used to goto, but this is a trustworthy place to learn about all the capabilities the phone company blocks out

good luck, get a usb hardwire to your phone, ALWAYS backup any data b4 you dick with it, you can really screw up your phone... and the manufacture won't cover it.. insurance will if its "lost" , but then you have an extra battery anyways
:mrgreen:
MotoDj
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: i carry 6 favorites

Postby garublador » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 am

Roy wrote:So it looks like games on verizon use the BREW format. I'd like to get couple but wanted to hear if anyone knows how this works. It's tough to google this since all the pages that come back are sites trying to sell stuff.
It depends on the phone. BREW is an operating system for cell phones. If you have a BREW based phone you have to get BREW based games. You can get Android based games on Andriod phones. I had a BREW phone (the LG Dare) and I didn't download any games because they were too expensive. I didn't feel like paying $3/month for Solitare. My understanding is that you have to get any BREW software certified for it to work and that's an expensive process so they have to charge a lot. I don't know much about hacking phones, though.

I have an Android based phone now (the Motorola Droid) and there are a ton of free to cheap games available.

Why can't I get flash games? propriety reasons only or is there something else?
AFAIK, there's no full version of Flash for any mobile platforms right now. If your phone supports Flash-Lite then you could play Flash-Lite games, but I don't know how common those are.
garublador
Disc Whore

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.