Google Translate

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Google Translate

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 am

So because I am bored I started running Wikipedia articles through google translate to see what came out. Here is baseball translated from English to Creole back to English:

Baseball is a sport and stick-ball game between two teams of nine players each. The goal is the result of a run by hitting a short ball and bat and touching a series of four bases arranged in a square in the corner, Diamond or ninety feet. Players on a team (the team bats) to hit the pitcher against the other team (team defense), which has tried in the results but do not run from any frapeur in many ways. A player on the team can bat in any of the base and the most advanced koekipye through a battery or other means. Teams were exchanged between bat Fielding records when three of your team defense. A stick in the rotation for each team, who represents the guardian; a new handle professional games. running the team with the most at the end of the game viktwar.

Evolution of the match sticks-and-ball, an early form of baseball played in England for mid-century-eighths. This played rounders and brought by immigrants related Irish and British North America, where the modern version of baseball development. Glass syèkl end of the century, baseball was widely recognized as the national sport in the United States. Baseball is the professional, amateur and youth levels is popular in North America, parts of Central and South America and the Caribbean, and parts of East Asia. the game is sometimes like talking hardball, the game of contrasts derived from Softball.

In North America, professional Major League Baseball (MLB) teams are divided into National League (nl) and American League (Alabama). Each League has three divisions: east, west and central. Each year, the biggest champions of the league playoffs to determine the global lead in the series. Four teams made the playoffs in each league: the three division winners regular season, plus a wild card team. Baseball is the leading sports teams of Japan and Cuba, and high levels of the game even split between the two leagues: Japan's Central League and Pacific League; East League West League and Cuba. Center and National leagues, pitched Pitcher is required in every traditional rules. In America, Pacific, and the Cuban league, there is a tenth player, a designated hitter, who bats for the pitcher. Each top-level team has established a system of one or more minor League team. These teams allow younger players to develop as an on-field experience against opponents with the same skill level.

And Disc Golf:

Golf is a game riffs riffs the player who sent a flying riffs in a basket or a goal. Under the Association's professional golf riffs, "object of the game is a race to cross over from the beginning in May the fewest number in the riffs." [2] Gulf riffs expensive and physically accessible to all ages and athletic stoves and therefore attract a diverse range of players. A large majority of the riffs Golf courses are set free. Needs [citation] the game is played in the U.S. and more than 20 other countries in the world. [3]

So find things on the internet and run them through the google translater for hilarity.

And for all you Finnish folk, you can do the same in Finnish and laugh amongst yourselves.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Google Translate

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

The first part of Blake's distance drilling article (sorry Blake)

The goal of this article is to distance Add a systematic method to improve efficiency and added power. Expected, the end result will help you find a more simple and give more distance and accuracy or even better. Unfortunately, the disposable nature of the review is still a "1 step back 2 steps forward to" approach and I strongly recommend that you do not pursue this method until you find a plateau and want to undertake a flight in advance in fighting time. For most players, this by sending ~ 350 for a period of time extended by increasing the distance (not including the new model increases the distance riffs). If you are content with your distance and accuracy, then this article probably is not for you.

I use ~ 350 drive as an experiment in rpèr because many players can hit 350 'without a "perfect technique". Add more distance than this is a process to increase your skills in the elements of power generation is possible to dispose of and experience with other aircraft riffs, lines, Heights, etc.

Many of these exercises will ask a justice of technical knowledge on your own as well as in the general mechanical cast. I'll try to keep it as simple as possible but many will find justice and abstract concepts are difficult to communicate clearly. Hope I can adequately explain.

As the title of the article in the state, will start from the ground up with the central core of basic and finally sent the job of the mechanical intricacies. While the philosophy is now able to send you may disagree with some of these things I write, I recommend trying to keep an open mind on the issue at hand. If you try to make some changes based on this article, you should be prepared for a period of change that can hurt your credit in the short run. From my experience, the major revisions need practice in 3 months (or major fighting) become integrated into the net or (2 months to make the transition, 1 month onin it). I am working on a line Assumption that you completely comfortable with the driving techniques you can sign your lips each.
Frank Delicious

Postby blueandgray » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:58 pm

i'm a language teacher and always tell my students not to use an online translator (read: cheat) because i'll be able to tell right away. this would be a good example to them!
blueandgray
Noob

Postby Leopard » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:04 pm

inb4 someone make this your sig:

Many of these exercises will ask a justice of technical knowledge on your own as well as in the general mechanical cast.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby chiggins » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm

This one's pretty old, but still good for a chuckle:

In America it is not considered to be mentally ill when a woman advances on her prey in a discotheque setting with hardy cocktails present.
chiggins
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Feldburg's Bio page translated to Korean and back:

Goal:
Junior - Top 10 finish of the competition I do not want to increase my focus and expertise can.
Long-term - winning the World Championships or the US Open - You can increase your luck.

Memorable Win:
My most memorable win at Augusta Classic Supertour (2002 year) was. Because I had to make the clutch because the world (Ken Climo) shot to beat the best players. It was controlled anhyzer (This is my strong point) on both sides of Obstetrics and Gynecology with no - I'm four feet within the basket of my 2 year Supertour threw a blockade.

Most memorable tournament:
My most memorable competition was the 2002 Miami Universe. A 9-round, tournament ago, Avery and finished 2nd in doubles disc golf in all of my friends said, we had Larry Cruz and the people were great hosts. Everything's all right there, so I never forget why I was ing spaces. Second, it is quite close to the Japan Open runner-up in 2002, what was experienced.

My favorite events:
USDGC
World Championships
World Doubles Championships
Sirloin open - AP, MI
Kansas City Wide Open
Japan Open - 150 class, using technology to improve
Bob West Memorial

Advice:
Practice, practice, practice. It will pay. Do things that increase your luck. Because they win and they make you teach Hyzer angle to the roller anhyzer In addition, most of us started with the Innova DX disk. Learn a variety of shots available. Courses at the practice field, no. Once you practice the following courses in the field, something one can learn good luck!

Additional advice:
If you are a woman, all they show you how with every disc golf for two people said, there will be much larger Women's Division. Then just one sport may not be in February.

We will see out the trip!

Note: it changed the Lumberjack Open to the Sirloin Open which sounds way better.
Frank Delicious

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 pm

What the Japanese see when they read the description of the katana (my favorite line is bolded):

Category: remote drive
Diameter: 21.2 centimeters
Weight range: 167-175 g
Short description: Please note in order to establish a fine player with Japanese sword. Recommended driver for the wind. Click on a rate-sighted view of rights and bolt it through the points.
Available Plastics: Pro, star
Choose the best: fast, long, easy walking distance. Huge shot rotation.

About Katana
Preparing Purosumuzu 2010 World Championships. We are proud to sponsor the event again Eno. PDGA, in order to support this important event, many outstanding volunteers hard to become the 2010 season, please join us Sutakatana has been involved in buying from local distributors. Remember a fine player and built-in samurai swords. Recommended driver for the wind. Click on a rate-sighted view of rights and bolt it through the points. Steroid-like flying characteristics of the physical characteristics of supervisors and rattlesnakes. Master the technology, processes and rules of the Samurai sword.

For Inosutapurasuchikkusu
New Sutaraingurippi Eno, is to create a special mix of polymer flexibility. Regular Champion Plastic Star Plastic provides excellent durability and improved grip like our professional plus plastic. Performance, make sure to select the ideal game for your long life and good Gurippuinosutadisuku. The most popular model of the disk Sutaraindisuku us will be used during next year. See your favorite stars on the horizon
Frank Delicious

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Why did the Japanese translation add North Korea to the Nuke description?

The bar at the shop! Is the maximum distance driver flies super fast, super long, you flippy average arm speed is not controlled almost all the technical level. North Korea's nuclear issue is a real rules of the game.

Discraft engineer, one CD for over a year to develop, to ensure optimal aerodynamics and flight characteristics, spending more to create the ideal distance from the drivers level of technology widely as possible. Competition will result in a disaster.
Frank Delicious

Postby Leopard » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 pm

are you at work right now Frank?

i DGR'd less when i worked from home
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Leopard wrote:are you at work right now Frank?

Yes I am and I am stuck doing nothing right now because our server is crawling since an update was applied and the server guys are trying to fix it. Until the server gets moving again, I can't really do anything.
Frank Delicious

Postby Leopard » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Yes I am and I am stuck doing nothing right now because our server is crawling since an update was applied and the server guys are trying to fix it. Until the server gets moving again, I can't really do anything.

I see ... well it seems you are on-task and we won't need to have this discussion again.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Leopard wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:

I see ... well it seems you are on-task and we won't need to have this discussion again.

You want me to run this convo through Google Translate for ya?
Frank Delicious

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Wow, the English-Finnish-English translation of disc golf @ wiki is pretty good:

Disc Golf is a game disc, in which individual players throw the disc over the basket or target. The Professional Disc Golf Association, "the game is to pass a course from beginning to end is the least throw the disc." Disc Golf is an affordable and physically accessible for all ages and athletic varies, and therefore attracts a wide choice of players. The vast majority of disc golf courses are set free. The game is played in the United States and more than 20 other countries around the world.

Too bad the translator doesn't know any useful Finnish words, like "lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapulaismekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas".
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby jnecessary » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 am

I just thought I would provide this awesome tool for you guys...

http://www.translationparty.com/

have fun :)
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Innova's about us: English to Russian to Arabic to English.

Innova precision molded discs meet the demands of any fire, regardless of skill level player. Innova golf discs to an improved "feel", which is certainly important, and shot-making ability. Innova golf discs fly more directly from the windows and wear slowly. Inevitable changes in flight characteristics that come with the use of extra disks and the elderly often become those disks on which it depends when you need to make the framework within which issues.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.