Shark vs. Frisbee

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Shark vs. Frisbee

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Re: Shark vs. Frisbee

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:35 pm

Who the hell does their fact checking (oh, it's daily mail, the answer is NO-ONE)? That's clearly an Aerobie Pro ring...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:32 am

This makes me feel good that we use discs instead of rings...for as many discs as I've thrown in the water, its good to know I'm not killing any animals (I have lost discs in the ocean as well). Of course, I wouldn't put it past a bull or tiger shark to eat a disc.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby JimW » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:05 pm

discspeed wrote:(I have lost discs in the ocean as well)

Any interesting stories behind them? I've lost two, one to Boca Ciega Bay and the other to the Gulf of Mexico.

The one to the Bay was simple enough, absolutely howling winds at Maximo and this was when hole 18 still existed. I had bought this DX Banshee for $3 that was in good condition but looked like someone had put a knife through the flight plate, still flew normally. I bought it as a throwaway disc for water holes (this was very early in my DG career) but after several weeks of ownership I still had it and at the time it was really the only overstable disc I owned so I was throwing it a lot that day. Was on hole 18 and for my second shot I threw it but I released it on too direct of a line towards the water and the wind picked it up and carried it right out.

The one in the gulf was when I was throwing on the beach at night while my girlfriend was hula-hooping and I threw it in the water. I'd done that more than once in the couple times we had gone out there and done this but I didn't feel like going in again that night if I could avoid it since it was pretty cold out. It was looking like I'd be able to get it when the water temporarily receded but when I finally decided to just go in and get it by the time I took my shoes off it had gotten carried off out of sight.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.