Favorite Animated show?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What is your Favorite animated t.v. show?

King of the Hill
10%
Southpark
19%
The Cleveland Show
1%
The Simpsons
6%
American Dad
No votes
Family guy
19%
Futurama
21%
ATHF
12%
other (specify)
12%

Total votes : 78

Re: Favorite Animated show?

Postby Elevated Plastic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 am

southpark is the most entertaining to me. Pull some tubes and enjoy.
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby MR. WICK » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am

Archer and Southpark are my favorites
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Parks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 am

Just watched an episode of Archer, and am very glad I did.

Coach McGuirk was about 80% of what was funny about Home Movies, so I'm glad that H. Jon Benjamin has a place to show off his comedic talent.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby cjskier » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:53 am

Beavis and Butt-head!
don't pretend you care what discs I throw
cjskier
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: beat ass banger GT

Postby rwmurrow » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:32 am

I will watch all of those for entertainment. American dad and Cleveland kind of suck. SP, KOTH, Futerama, and SP are my favorites.

My wife hates them all.
Destroyer,PD2, Firebird, Teebird, Gator, Roc, Challenger
rwmurrow
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Luke » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:45 pm

It's a shame that Family Guy is winning this.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Luke wrote:It's a shame that Family Guy is winning this.

To be fair, it's only tied for the lead right now, but I agree. I thought Family Guy was hilarious when it first came out, but got stale ridiculously quick. It still has its funny moments, but any episodes I've seen recently have been like 19 minutes of crap for 1 minute of funny.

I checked out Archer after seeing the recommendations here, and yeah, good stuff! Not only does it have H. Jon Benjamin, but also Judy Greer and Jessica Walter (of Arrested Development notoriety) and Aisha Tyler (one of the few women in showbiz to nail the smart/funny/hot trifecta, right up there with Tina Fey). I look forward to watching more of it. Incidentally, H. Jon Benjamin is great in Lucy, Daughter of the Devil too. I don't think it's being aired anymore, but last I looked, you could stream episodes on the Adult Swim site.

Also, along with Freakazoid and Animaniacs, The Tick and early Ren & Stimpy deserve a shout out.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Parks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:04 pm

some call me...tim? wrote:the smart/funny/hot trifecta, right up there with Tina Fey).

???
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby riverboy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

I voted Futurama, but just so this wouldn't turn into an anime lovers thread. I like most anime better.
ChUcK wrote:Gateway doesn't use foil hotstamps. Dave Mac employs a neanderthal with a chisel and a loveless childhood.
riverboy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: CE eagle X

Postby abcd » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:16 pm

space ghost c2c
abcd
Tree Magnet

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Parks wrote:
some call me...tim? wrote:the smart/funny/hot trifecta, right up there with Tina Fey).

???

haha, ok, I guess if you want to be technical about it, Tina is more "cute" than "hot", but brains and humor make her hot in my book. put a disc in her hand, and Discraft might need to name their next model after me.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:31 pm

riverboy wrote:I voted Futurama, but just so this wouldn't turn into an anime lovers thread. I like most anime better.

Hell, you must not watch a lot of anime then. Or you pick and choose very carefully, or you're incredibly lucky. Most anime is pure and utter shit. Like most everything. 90% (or more) of novels are pure shit, 90% of tv shows are pure shit, 90% of western animation is pure shit, 90% of movies are pure shit etc. It may actually be closer to 98% but anyway, you get the point.

Main thing: There's as much of shit in anime as there is in anything else. The good parts though are really damn good.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby riverboy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:36 pm

jubuttib wrote:
riverboy wrote:I voted Futurama, but just so this wouldn't turn into an anime lovers thread. I like most anime better.

Hell, you must not watch a lot of anime then. Or you pick and choose very carefully, or you're incredibly lucky. Most anime is pure and utter shit. Like most everything. 90% (or more) of novels are pure shit, 90% of tv shows are pure shit, 90% of western animation is pure shit, 90% of movies are pure shit etc. It may actually be closer to 98% but anyway, you get the point.

Main thing: There's as much of shit in anime as there is in anything else. The good parts though are really damn good.

I suppose I should have been more clear. I completely agree with you, and lately I have been rather lucky. It helps that I haven't watched that much lately. :lol: I like a good amount of anime better, how bout that?
ChUcK wrote:Gateway doesn't use foil hotstamps. Dave Mac employs a neanderthal with a chisel and a loveless childhood.
riverboy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: CE eagle X

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:44 pm

riverboy wrote:I suppose I should have been more clear. I completely agree with you, and lately I have been rather lucky. It helps that I haven't watched that much lately. :lol: I like a good amount of anime better, how bout that?

Much better. =)

You seen ToraDora, Hyakko, K-On!, Gurren Lagann? Those are some pretty damn good and pretty recent shows (only a couple of years old, tops! :lol:). By law I'm also going to have to recommend Zipang if you haven't seen it already.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:50 pm

am i really the only vote for Superjail?.......buncha slack jawed fagots round here, Superjail will make you a sexual tyranosaurus like me
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.