Guitar Rigs

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Guitar Rigs

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:18 am

Blake_T wrote:are you going through the db padded input on the amp?

You know what? I don't remember. It's been months since I last had a chance to use it. I know I definitely should have been using it, but I can't be 100% sure at this point. I rarely have to do anything with the amp except turn it on, I mostly just fiddle with my Pod. One more thing for the checklist I guess.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 am

I was solely a Dimarzio guy buy my SD Hot Rail in my neck is friggin awesome.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:54 am

I'm not in your guys' league, but I've gotten some great deals on gear over the years.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Brian Moore i9, Gretsch 1981 BST
Epi. Explorer, Ibanez EDB600
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm

How much for the Epi Explorer?
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:How much for the Epi Explorer?

The Goth series is a little cheaper, got for a bit under $300 w/o the case.

A lot of my gear was bought in those "how can I NOT buy it at that price?" moments.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:35 pm

I am looking at a Dean Z. Same kind of thing. I want something for drop tuning that does not have a tremolo.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:I am looking at a Dean Z. Same kind of thing. I want something for drop tuning that does not have a tremolo.

Actually, that is exactly what I bought it for. For the price, I can't complain.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 am

Now I just have to decide if I would rather buy the beat up trainwreck two piece basswood z for $129 or buy the mint mahogany flame top neck through with the case for $400.

I mean there are projects and then there is just throwing away money.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby black udder » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 am

dammit - why can't I buy a nice fender body with a 22 fret neck with cheap pups so I can replace them? You can buy the cheap strat with 21 frets or the expensive one with 22 frets and expensive pups.

One good thing about Carvin, you can order exactly what you want - even send out your parts if you want, so you can get what you want the first time.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Blake_T » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:44 am

why do you need a 22 fret neck? i think yamahas have 22 fret necks. the intonation is better on 24 fret necks.

the other thing w/ carvin is that you spend $700 to have something worth $300 in resale.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 am

Blake_T wrote:why do you need a 22 fret neck? i think yamahas have 22 fret necks. the intonation is better on 24 fret necks.

the other thing w/ carvin is that you spend $700 to have something worth $300 in resale.

Carvin stuff is friggin awesome if you are the second guy buying it. My Carvin Cabinet flats out pounds.

I also have a Yamaha from the early 1990's. Much better than many of the sought after Ibanez from the same era... but they get no respect.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Blake_T » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:39 pm

I am looking at a Dean Z. Same kind of thing. I want something for drop tuning that does not have a tremolo.

i would recommend seeking a korean-made PRS SE w/ the stoptail for this. $300ish for a Santana SE or Tremonti SE. the korean made ones should have the "World Musical Instruments" info on the back, which is currently the best korean manufacturer. they are mahogany w/ a set neck. the necks on the santanas are pretty beefy (50's les paul-ish) but the tremonti is slightly thinner.

otherwise that ESP-made Kramer focus you stumbled across could just be kept in dropped D at all times :P

agile from rondo music are also a good value for a set neck mahogany.
Blake_T

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Blake_T wrote:otherwise that ESP-made Kramer focus you stumbled across could just be kept in dropped D at all times :P

That Kramer lasted about half a day...

I played a 7 string. I am getting one. It fits my style.

I found this one.

It is a Jackson DR7T

-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby jubuttib » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Nice~. Looking for a 7-stringer myself. Bit torn between the new and used markets though. Lots of Ibanez available in my price range in the used market, some LTDs in the new.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Blake_T » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Nice~. Looking for a 7-stringer myself. Bit torn between the new and used markets though. Lots of Ibanez available in my price range in the used market, some LTDs in the new.

7 strings tank in value almost as badly as a carvin does when it comes to new to used depreciation.

i know you can get some pretty solid neck-thru jacksons for mega cheap.
Blake_T

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.