My firstborn is here!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: My firstborn is on the way!

Postby peppermack » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:07 am

That is one beautiful little girl man! Awesome!
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: My firstborn is here!

Postby discspeed » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm pleased to report that my little girl is such a good baby (sleep, eat, poop, but very little crying) that daddy has gotten a round in each day since we came home from the hospital! From all of the horror stories I've heard, she is great! I never thought I was going to enjoy having a baby so much! (and still get to play golf :D )
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Postby maks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

is that her focus putting face? :)

gratz
maks
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Postby sunspot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:10 pm

discspeed wrote:I'm pleased to report that my little girl is such a good baby (sleep, eat, poop, but very little crying) that daddy has gotten a round in each day since we came home from the hospital! From all of the horror stories I've heard, she is great! I never thought I was going to enjoy having a baby so much! (and still get to play golf :D )

Wait until she's two. Mwhahahahahahahh
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Re: My firstborn is on the way!

Postby Beable » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 pm

discspeed wrote:Julie Phillips born 3:45pm...7lbs even and 20.5". My wife only had to push for 20 minutes!

Congrats! The first night sleeping with my wife and our newborn after the birth is probably my happiest memory. You are in for a crazy few days. Do housework and don't let relatives steal the baby too much.
Beable
Tree Magnet

Postby sunspot » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Everything still going smooth? How's the adjusting going along? Any nicknames?

I know when we had our first daughter things went along fairly well. If I remember correctly, our first daughter had a nickname within the first month or so of her birth. My wife gave it to her. A couple months later I gave a weird nickname that went along with a goofy dance that I did for my daughter. She would laugh every time I said it. The nickname was "Turkeymeat and Playdoh."

That nickname was from an incident that happen when my wife was opening up some turkey meat for dinner. I forgot who said it, but it was mentioned that it look like Playdoh. I went into the living room where my daughter was at and started dancing saying "Turkeymeat as Playdoh." She started laughing at me. After that, the name started as "Turkeymeat as Playdoh" then morphed into "Turkeymeat and Playdoh".

So yeah, I'm sure you're wife and you may end up having little nicknames for you daughter. It's kind of funny when you get used to saying it and let it slip in public. If it's an odd nickname, the looks that you may get could be interesting. :D
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby black udder » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Congrats! You should be sleeping. It's the last time you'll get any peace of mind sleep (vs exhaustion sleep) for awhile :)

Enjoy - it's a life changer for sure.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby discspeed » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 pm

sunspot wrote:Everything still going smooth? How's the adjusting going along? Any nicknames?

I know when we had our first daughter things went along fairly well. If I remember correctly, our first daughter had a nickname within the first month or so of her birth. My wife gave it to her. A couple months later I gave a weird nickname that went along with a goofy dance that I did for my daughter. She would laugh every time I said it. The nickname was "Turkeymeat and Playdoh."

That nickname was from an incident that happen when my wife was opening up some turkey meat for dinner. I forgot who said it, but it was mentioned that it look like Playdoh. I went into the living room where my daughter was at and started dancing saying "Turkeymeat as Playdoh." She started laughing at me. After that, the name started as "Turkeymeat as Playdoh" then morphed into "Turkeymeat and Playdoh".

So yeah, I'm sure you're wife and you may end up having little nicknames for you daughter. It's kind of funny when you get used to saying it and let it slip in public. If it's an odd nickname, the looks that you may get could be interesting. :D

Things are going great. I have went through three stages so far...First I was just in wonderment. Then there was kind of a letdown as she slept so much for the first 1.5 weeks and the responsibility really set in. Now she's awake a lot more and starting to be more aware and its awesome. I read her a Dr. Seuss book today and she looked at the pages a few times. Anyway, yeah I'm having a great time.

We don't have any set nicknames yet. I like to call her my little larva, but my wife isn't in love with that one. :lol:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.