Happy Gilmore Style Golf Swing

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Happy Gilmore Style Golf Swing

Postby CJ1998 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Just came across this tonight. An analysis of whether it really adds distance to hit a golf ball like Happy Gilmore.

Notice the x-step about 3 minutes in.
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Happy Gilmore Style Golf Swing

Postby Timko » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 am

I saw something about Harrington being able to do this on the Golf Channel. It's pretty cool.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Re: Happy Gilmore Style Golf Swing

Postby jubuttib » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 pm

I've sometimes tried this with just a one step run up and sometimes I feel I get more consistent drives like that than I do standing still, which I think says more about my normal driving than anything. They're also noticeably longer.

Overall I've grown weary of trying to figure out my driver. Every round I lost around 3-5 balls because at some point my drives just went haywire. Nowadays I'm only driving with my 3 wood and while I did lose around 10-20 meters of distance on average I acquired around 50-100 meters of sideways accuracy. I can even work some fade/draw in there if I really need to. My average score went down by about the same amount as all the OB penalties and extra shots my bad driving caused. As a side benefit I'm more confident on fairway shots with my 3 wood and since I'm not using a club that's good for at most 14 or so shots on a normal round (not counting re-tees) I'm practicing more on clubs I actually do use on a round.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.