WoW and your thoughts on Cataclysm

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: WoW and your thoughts on Cataclysm

Postby Dig It » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Makes me remember having a DPS Warrior get the CTS over me (Rogue) and I already had the Mal'Deth so I was stuck with Viskag as my main. Fucking DPS Warriors. Shit.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Dig It wrote:Makes me remember having a DPS Warrior get the CTS over me (Rogue) and I already had the Mal'Deth so I was stuck with Viskag as my main. Fucking DPS Warriors. Shit.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. DPSWAR4Life. CTS was a hawt ass sword. I always wanted that one. Easily one of my cosmetic favorites. Only weapon that ever made me want to spooge though was Cataclysms Edge. Oh hell did I ever want that sword. Gave up raiding by then though, never got it. I was never a huge AssCandy guy, cool sword but just didn't appeal to me.

I remember dual wielding Deathbringers for the longest time. Cool weapons, but pretty boring. Oh and aggro dumps are fun as a warrior.............................
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Dig It » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:31 pm

hahaha AssCandy... been a few years since I laughed at that name. Luckily we had Nef on farm before they buffed the FUCK outta his encounter. Made it stupid hard at least compared to how we used to down him.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Postby UpFromTheAshes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Jeronimo wrote:My guild never saw an eye of sulfuron drop. In 132554657657 MC runs we never got a fuckin eye. I'm still pissed and bitter about it. We did get a Thunderfury, both pieces within like 2 weeks. Then we never saw another orange drop again. I was going to get the next thunderfury in the guild too! Dammit. I do remember getting a Bonereaver's Edge back in the day (ended up seeing 5-6 of them before we quit MC). That sucker made PVP a lot of fun. Got me to Marshal.

LOL

Before the Burning Crusade came out, we had 5 legendary weaps in my guild. Two warriors and an enhancement shaman with Hand of Rag's, and two warriors with Thunderfuries. Have you ever seen 5 legendaries on one team in Arathi Basin?!? It was glorious let me tell you. Ah the memories.
UpFromTheAshes
Noob

Favorite Disc: 1st run CE Valk

Postby thesauce » Sun May 02, 2010 1:50 pm

UpFromTheAshes wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:My guild never saw an eye of sulfuron drop. In 132554657657 MC runs we never got a fuckin eye. I'm still pissed and bitter about it. We did get a Thunderfury, both pieces within like 2 weeks. Then we never saw another orange drop again. I was going to get the next thunderfury in the guild too! Dammit. I do remember getting a Bonereaver's Edge back in the day (ended up seeing 5-6 of them before we quit MC). That sucker made PVP a lot of fun. Got me to Marshal.

LOL

Before the Burning Crusade came out, we had 5 legendary weaps in my guild. Two warriors and an enhancement shaman with Hand of Rag's, and two warriors with Thunderfuries. Have you ever seen 5 legendaries on one team in Arathi Basin?!? It was glorious let me tell you. Ah the memories.

I used to roll with a pvp team that had two warriors with Thunderfuries and a Pally with the Hand of Rag. Goodtimes indeed! I stopped playing right before WotLK came out but I still have some friends who play. They try talking to me and I'm sitting there scratching my head because I don't know whats going on anymore.
thesauce
Noob

Favorite Disc: Dx Roc

Postby Beable » Tue May 04, 2010 10:05 am

I will probably play in Cataclysm. My guild is pretty terrible though. I got tired of it and don't raid any more. I'll probably kick around the idea of trying to find a two night raid with a semi-serious ten man guild with the expansion. My current guild is just not serious. They don't weed out bad players so there's always micro management that goes on during the raids and that irritates me. I'd prefer they weed out people who can't play/learn and then we have mostly fun raids with not a ton of chatter.

I might be one of those people you hate Jeronimo. :P But I've tried to educate a lot of players. If people listen and go read a two page writeup on their class on EJ, then they can be competitive in raids very easily. If they don't, and they like standing in fire, they should be fired IMO. WoW raiding is really easy. Do your job and don't stand where the floor doesn't look the floor. Collect loot.

My toon is the kitty with the same name as I use here. I was really bored and worked on Loremaster for a few months. Got that the other day and now I'm super bored. I was considering doing some rep grinds, but that's really boring.
Beable
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 04, 2010 10:29 am

Wanting smart players who don't stand in fire and run into the fucking wyvern eggs is one thing, applications for guilds including interviews is another. A guild with a bunch of skilled players who don't talk much during raids wouldn't interest me. The true fun in the game is the MMO, not the RPG. The RPG is the bonus.

As long as these games exist though you'll always have this problem. There's no way to see if someone is cool without trying them out first. Not to mention the lack of face to face interaction can make tempers flare really easily in these games. LoLzCoDRage.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Dig It » Tue May 04, 2010 10:36 am

Jeronimo wrote:The true fun in the game is the MMO, not the RPG. The RPG is the bonus.

QFT
I can go play NWN2 if I want an RPG. I played WoW to be with friends, talk shit, sing and have an all around good time in Vent.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Beable » Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 am

Jeronimo wrote:Wanting smart players who don't stand in fire and run into the fucking wyvern eggs is one thing, applications for guilds including interviews is another. A guild with a bunch of skilled players who don't talk much during raids wouldn't interest me. The true fun in the game is the MMO, not the RPG. The RPG is the bonus.

As long as these games exist though you'll always have this problem. There's no way to see if someone is cool without trying them out first. Not to mention the lack of face to face interaction can make tempers flare really easily in these games. LoLzCoDRage.

I like talking too. I just hate the constant yelling that is a result of having fire standers constantly doing their thing. I was in a great guild in BC that was the right mix for me between fun and serious.
Beable
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah my buddies are the only reason that I've kept coming back to wow. We pretty much only buy games that are multiplayer. And we usually all buy the same thing when it comes out if more than a couple of us express interest in it.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.