Wine

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby PeterM_Vang » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:06 pm

I recommend wines from Cline, Jest Red, Penfolds, Yellow Tail, Eschol Ranch, Zaca Mesa, Ravenswood, and Hogue. There's more but, I can't remember themright now. I'll post more when I remember them. I was in the alcohol business for a few years back and sold a lot of quality wine at the $10-$15 price point. There are a few microwineries that don't produce alot of cases a year but, their wine is priced right and is comparable to some $20-$30 bottles. If you are starting off, I would recommend a Shiraz for a red and a Pinot Grigio for a white.
PeterM_Vang
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby garublador » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:36 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:As a cigar smoker, I prefer port (brand never has mattered to me). I can't afford all the stuff y'all mentioned, but I will start trying them a bottle a month maybe.

I just started trying port this last week. I know you said that you don't have a brand preference, but do you have any knowledge to drop on me regarding port? Thanks!
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Fritz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:26 pm

garublador wrote:
TexasOutlaw wrote:As a cigar smoker, I prefer port (brand never has mattered to me). I can't afford all the stuff y'all mentioned, but I will start trying them a bottle a month maybe.

I just started trying port this last week. I know you said that you don't have a brand preference, but do you have any knowledge to drop on me regarding port? Thanks!

One of the best ports is a Fonseca Port Bin No. 27 I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this port. Especially if you are smoking a cigar.
I freaking love this porto, I won't drink any others.

http://www.fonsecaport.com/index_.htm

Fonseca Bin nº27 was created over a century ago for family consumption, and only released commercially in 1972. It is produced primarily from wines from Fonseca’s own quintas in the Cima Corgo and thus shows an exceptional quality and consistency from year to year. Blended from reserve wines selected for their superb fruit character and depth of color, it’s well-knit structure, rich, velvety full body and luscious blackcurrant and cherry flavors, also dominant in the bouquet, finish on an intense, lingering note.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.