Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby BLURR » Tue May 11, 2010 10:27 am

If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby discspeed » Tue May 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Seems a bit harsh...but honestly, how bad is having to eat lunch away from your peers for a week? I can't remember it exactly, but there was an elem kid who got expelled last year for bringing a camping multi-tool to school that included a butter knife. That was ridiculous.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue May 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Moving a bit off topic but onto a related disc golf topic*****

The look of a Jolly Rancher candy is where candy plastic got its label from.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental
User avatar
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby Dig It » Tue May 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Whatever happened to Ironic Punishment? You know, make her eat nothing but Jolly Ranchers for a week. That'll show her.

Pro tip: JR, who posts on here all the time actually got his name from Jolly Ranchers. He loves them so much because they make his hands sticky and he gets a better grip on rainy Finnish days.

Also, we have(had?) a huge Jolly Rancher factory here in Colorado. The dumpster of that factory was home to the most enormous Bees I have ever heard of. We're talking hairy yellow footballs(handeggs) with wings.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby Leopard » Tue May 11, 2010 4:13 pm

how long until a junior dg enthusiast brings his Champ Boss or Z Force to school and sparks a national outrage against these readily available weapons / rolling trays

and how long till the noble souls across this land who sell drugs to middle schoolers can also deal some rolling trays outta their trunk. Grow It. (the sport) [disc golf]

i dunno man this just feels drifty. drift on
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer
User avatar
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: 30 miles x 100 miles x stinking island
Favorite Disc: Leo

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby keltik » Tue May 11, 2010 4:25 pm

I like the distinction my wife uses: Football vs. Fútbol.

they need to hand out harsher punishments for texting during class etc. they need to reinstate the paddle.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: High Point NC
Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue May 11, 2010 4:59 pm

keltik wrote:they need to reinstate the paddle.


hehe, I went to elementary school in NC, and at the time corporal punishment was still allowed. I got my hand rapped by a ruler on more than one occasion...it tended to keep me in line. Kids that were really bad got taken outside to be paddled with one of those rubber ball paddles. We were all pretty much kept in check though, by the ongoing threat that if we were really, really bad, we'd be sent to the principal, who was rumored to have an electric paddle. As wrong as it may sound, there's something to be said for ruling with fear.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby mark12b » Tue May 11, 2010 5:32 pm

hah, at my first elementary school the principal had a paddle for the occasional kid that needed a spanking, but also kept a broken-in-half one on display just for the fear factor. :shock: :lol:
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby JR » Tue May 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Dig It wrote:Whatever happened to Ironic Punishment? You know, make her eat nothing but Jolly Ranchers for a week. That'll show her.

Pro tip: JR, who posts on here all the time actually got his name from Jolly Ranchers. He loves them so much because they make his hands sticky and he gets a better grip on rainy Finnish days.

Also, we have(had?) a huge Jolly Rancher factory here in Colorado. The dumpster of that factory was home to the most enormous Bees I have ever heard of. We're talking hairy yellow footballs(handeggs) with wings.


Hairy? Maybe there's growth hormone in there? Is that why I have hairy arms? Yeah my dry skin could use all the grip help. They make candy out of tar here and tar is also sold as is to be used in desserts and alcoholic drinks. Yummy! Grippy? Non detectable thickness? Maybe not. Ruining clothes? Pretty certainly.

Trivia: Before selling Jolly Rancher owner to Hersheys they were owned by Leaf a then part of Huhtamäki group from Finland. Small world.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11432
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby jubuttib » Wed May 12, 2010 12:48 am

JR wrote:
Dig It wrote:Whatever happened to Ironic Punishment? You know, make her eat nothing but Jolly Ranchers for a week. That'll show her.

Pro tip: JR, who posts on here all the time actually got his name from Jolly Ranchers. He loves them so much because they make his hands sticky and he gets a better grip on rainy Finnish days.

Also, we have(had?) a huge Jolly Rancher factory here in Colorado. The dumpster of that factory was home to the most enormous Bees I have ever heard of. We're talking hairy yellow footballs(handeggs) with wings.


Hairy? Maybe there's growth hormone in there? Is that why I have hairy arms? Yeah my dry skin could use all the grip help. They make candy out of tar here and tar is also sold as is to be used in desserts and alcoholic drinks. Yummy! Grippy? Non detectable thickness? Maybe not. Ruining clothes? Pretty certainly.

Trivia: Before selling Jolly Rancher owner to Hersheys they were owned by Leaf a then part of Huhtamäki group from Finland. Small world.

Tar candy is great. I've never seen tar chocolate anywhere though, have you? I think it'd be sweet, as in delicious.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby JR » Wed May 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Never heard of it but it sounds promising. Commercial salt licorice boozes are meh compared to Turkinpippuri extra hot mixed with good vodka in proper ratio (IIRC around 50-70 according to taste per a liter of vodka and if that's too bland then it was 50-70 per half liter). I tasted a commercial tar salt licorice booze and the idea is right but the execution sucked. DIY seems the way to go.

Talking of chocolate the current version of Fazer's salt licorice chocolate is nice but when it first came out it was horrid.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11432
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Detention for having a jolly rancher...

Postby jubuttib » Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 pm

JR wrote:Never heard of it but it sounds promising. Commercial salt licorice boozes are meh compared to Turkinpippuri extra hot mixed with good vodka in proper ratio (IIRC around 50-70 according to taste per a liter of vodka and if that's too bland then it was 50-70 per half liter). I tasted a commercial tar salt licorice booze and the idea is right but the execution sucked. DIY seems the way to go.

Talking of chocolate the current version of Fazer's salt licorice chocolate is nice but when it first came out it was horrid.

Applies to Fisus also. You can get them ready made, but if you want the good stuff, buy Fisherman's Friend candy and mix it with vodka.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2


Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest