Scariest bug you found in your room?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Scariest bug you found in your room?

Postby Jerrod » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:14 am

dp
Last edited by Jerrod on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby Jerrod » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 am

I didn't sleep well for a while after that.

And now neither will I. Thank you sir.
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:21 am

Looks like most of these Spiders are Huntsman. They pretty much prefer to eat giant cockroaches, are non aggressive, and have venom that is weak to humans (think bee sting). The one guy who told the scary story and almost got bit...I bet the stuff you sprayed nearly killed the spider and it fell on you rather than jumped. It curled up after you barely touched it because it was already dying. They are very fast, agile, and impressive jumpers because they do not use webs and are ambush predators. Females with egg sacs are the most aggressive.

I used to fear spiders, but I now let them crawl on me and I never get bit. At night my lawn CRAWLS with Wolf Spiders (100s of glowing ), and I catch them in my hands all the time.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby sunspot » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 pm

discspeed wrote:Looks like most of these Spiders are Huntsman. They pretty much prefer to eat giant cockroaches, are non aggressive, and have venom that is weak to humans (think bee sting). The one guy who told the scary story and almost got bit...I bet the stuff you sprayed nearly killed the spider and it fell on you rather than jumped. It curled up after you barely touched it because it was already dying. They are very fast, agile, and impressive jumpers because they do not use webs and are ambush predators. Females with egg sacs are the most aggressive.

I used to fear spiders, but I now let them crawl on me and I never get bit. At night my lawn CRAWLS with Wolf Spiders (100s of glowing ), and I catch them in my hands all the time.

That's nice and all, but everytime I come across a spider they always happen to be packin one of these:

sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Cali » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Centipedes are so scary. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy because when I see them I'll hunt them down and kill them if they get away. I moved my bed, dresser and bookcase trying to get one one night.

Spiders don't bother me so much.
Cali
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Mr. Plow » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Cali wrote:Centipedes are so scary. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy because when I see them I'll hunt them down and kill them if they get away. I moved my bed, dresser and bookcase trying to get one one night.

Spiders don't bother me so much.

Centipedes are scary? You guys are hilarious :lol:

I had a bedroom in the basement when I was a kid and more than once woke up with one of these wolf spiders on my bed. These bastards get pretty big and will bite, though it's not deadly.

Destroyer/PD/TB/Roc/Aviar/VP
Mr. Plow
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Average Palmetto bug I killed me up last night:

Gf was straight freaking out. In her defense it did creep up out of the ceiling fan to wage an aerial attack on us.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:38 pm

I don't mind those big guys that much. They'll die pretty quickly if they can't get out of the house.
The guy two houses from me in Florida brought over his battery charger for me to use one day. As he set it down about 15 or 20 little roaches started pouring out of the side vents. He tried to tell me that every house had roaches.
I declined all his B-B-Que invites after that!
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.