UFC Fightnight

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: UFC Fightnight

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Eric O wrote:If you want to see Silva get schooled by a WTF move, look up his fight from Pride with Ryo Chonan.

yeah i remember that fight, Silva coulda had him (Chael) if he had let him stand back up when he hurt him in the 3rd but he decided to go with the jump into his guard and get reversed instantly plan instead :|
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Eric O » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:07 am

Yeah that did not seem like the best plan. Maybe the rib injury he carried into the fight was affecting his stand up. He had some explosive moments on the feet though. I think the beginning of the 3rd or 4th round he came out swinging for the fences and it almost looked like it was going to work.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Danforth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:16 pm

jubuttib wrote:I really liked UFC, until they started enforcing rules like no crotch-shots, time limits, weight classes, referee stoppages, etc. (And yes, I'm aware that in UFC 1 they had time limits. UFC 2 was the peak, been downhill since then.)

I mean, if you're basing a series on the premise that it's all out fighting, let the best man win (and everyone knows and agrees with the rules) then do it properly.

It's not bad, but I miss what it was and could have been...

The UFC that you envision would never've received sanctioning or money. Not to mention that the fighters would most likely have to retire by the time they were 30, due to sever injuries that would result from that intense of fighting. AND not to mention the fact that some fighters would get killed or paralized.
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:04 am

Danforth wrote:The UFC that you envision would never've received sanctioning or money. Not to mention that the fighters would most likely have to retire by the time they were 30, due to sever injuries that would result from that intense of fighting. AND not to mention the fact that some fighters would get killed or paralized.

Not in the long term, no, but they did do it once at UFC 2. And in the early days a lot of fighters did injure themselves (most common was messing up your arm and or fist from the barehanded punching) and subs went on to win the tournaments.

I'm definitely not supporting that it would be the norm, obviously. It'd be an option for those fighters wanting to do it. The tournament format of the early UFCs supported it. You didn't have to submit yourself to that kind of beatings all the time, there were only a few tournaments annually that you could enter if you chose to. No pressure to collect points, improve standings etc. Now UFC is "just another MMA", when it started out as so much more.

Too bad they don't televise underground Vale Tudo from Brazil... =)

(Fun fact of the day: Only two people have ever been recorded as died from bare-knuckle boxing related injuries. In the United States, four people every year die of gloved boxing injuries. When they didn't use gloves, everyone just aimed for the torso, since hitting your opponent in the jaw often meant breaking your fist. BAN THE GLOVES!)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Eric O » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 am

Broken hands are not that uncommon even with 4oz mma gloves.

MMA is only a recognized sport because of the rules that permit it to be sanctioned by state athletic commissions. NHB is not really a sport, just brutality.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric O » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 am

jubuttib wrote:Too bad they don't televise underground Vale Tudo from Brazil... =)
You can find live streaming of Vale Tudo events if you look.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.