Bourban, wiskey or wisky

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Bourban, wiskey or wisky

Postby garublador » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

I also got a bottle of Woodford Reserve (it was a good Christmas) and sadly I haven't quite "figured out" bourbon yet. Perhaps it's my expectations, but if I try it neat it burns more than I like but once I add water it seems to mellow out too much. I might need to be more careful about how much water I add.

My sister made me some jalapeno infused Jack Daniels for Christmas. We went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with my wife and mom last summer and while they had butter beer, they did not have fire whiskey and I was a bit disappointed. She made the whiskey as a joke. However, it's actually pretty good. It's hot enough that you know jalapenos were in it but it's not so hot that you can't drink it.
garublador
Disc Whore

Re: Bourban, wiskey or wisky

Postby Timko » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Woodford has a good deal of wheat in it. That makes it a much more mellow whiskey. With a bit of water, even non-bourbon drinkers like it. Personally, I keep a bottle of 4 Roses Single Barrel around my house when going for the mellow taste, and a bottle of Basil Hydens or Knob Creek when I want something more agressive.

I have a bottle of bacon infused 4 Roses Yellow Label at home I made. I'm going to infuse it with smoke next to make Ryan Maybee's famous Smoke'N'Choke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxqv9pbUoc
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.