Music: What do you look for in an artist?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby dscglfgeo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm into Richard Cheese and the lounge against the machine right now. He does covers but changes them into lounge music a disc golf friend from KZoo got me interested. If you check it out make sure you listen to Welcom to the Jungle. F-in great.
PDGA# 23933
Live life to the fullest you never know when it's going to end.
dscglfgeo
Noob

Postby jmammo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:50 pm

dscglfgeo wrote:I'm into Richard Cheese and the lounge against the machine right now. He does covers but changes them into lounge music a disc golf friend from KZoo got me interested. If you check it out make sure you listen to Welcom to the Jungle. F-in great.

I am listening to him now and he is damn good! At first I was like Down With The Sickness no way he can pull that off. But WOW.
I think you just got me addicted.
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby swel304 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:38 am

this is a hard one. if i see a band and they suck live I just wont go to shows anymore, but if i like there music it wont stop me from liking it. I like so many kinds of music its really hard to pinpoint what draws me to a band. Im not so concerned with what the lyrics talk about as with the way things sound. unique tones, if its vocal or instrument, pobobly catch my intrest more than anything. for instance, I love listening stuff like kiss of fire (louis armstong) but not so much for the lyrical content as the tone of his voice.

I know there probly arent many (if any at all) dream theater fans here but I would see them as the "total package" band mentioned above. Not only are they all super-talented and creative musicians, thier live show is second to none. they will come on stage and play an hour of music non-stop, that sounds exactly like, if not better, than the recordings, and thats just the first of 3 sets or so.

I'm into Richard Cheese and the lounge against the machine right now. He does covers but changes them into lounge music a disc golf friend from KZoo got me interested. If you check it out make sure you listen to Welcom to the Jungle. F-in great.

this sounds pretty interesting. I will have to check it out. if your into this kind of stuff you would probobly like alex skolnick's (ex-testament guitarist) newer jazz stuff. its instrumental jazz versions of stuff like black sabbath, kiss, scorpians, and other classic rock/metal. I got the chance to see them perform live locally and it was just awesome. after the show alex even bought me a shot of yager and talked to me for quite a while after I asked him for an autograph.

if your interested in disgustingly talented musicianship some other good ones to check out would be liquid tension experiment, aghora, and gordian knot.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby swel304 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:40 am

jmammo wrote:
dscglfgeo wrote:I'm into Richard Cheese and the lounge against the machine right now. He does covers but changes them into lounge music a disc golf friend from KZoo got me interested. If you check it out make sure you listen to Welcom to the Jungle. F-in great.

I am listening to him now and he is damn good! At first I was like Down With The Sickness no way he can pull that off. But WOW.
I think you just got me addicted.

oh wait.. is that the version of down with the sickness that was in that newer dawn of the dead movie? Ive been wanting to know the name of that band, now i definitly have to check it out.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:51 pm

PRES 10 wrote:
jmammo wrote:
Amateur wrote:
jmammo wrote:
The Natural wrote:I like it loud, fast and heavy!

Like your women I presume :lol: :wink:

Haha, I like my women how I like my coffee. Ground up and in the freezer.

Sometimes, but other times I like my women how I take MY coffee: light with lots of cream :wink:

Those are all good but I'd prefer my women how I take my coffee, Hot and Black....J/K

I like my women how I like my pork chop: with a little more meat on the bone...
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jmammo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:02 pm

Little bit more cushion for your pushin
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby lefty » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:15 pm

For me it is a thing I can't really put my fingure on. I guess its kinda soul with a lack of vanity, if that makes sense. Every see a band or performer that just doesn't seem sincere, or they're putting on some kinda persona. That crap makes me walk right out of the gig. The oppisite of that is what will keep me coming back. It's almost like they don't even know you are there, they're doing cause they have to like breathing or..............................................DISC GOLF............disc golfers rule......lefty

Oh yea, and tons of talent
the one thing we need is a left-hand monkey wrench
lefty
Noob

Favorite Disc: roc-a-buzz

Postby Terrence » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:08 am

I like long, progressive, complex songs. Bands such as Jethro Tull, Porcupine Tree, Tool, Rush, and of course Pink Floyd. That is, however, a tough call because I kinda listen to everything too. I'm sure it depends on my mood just like everyone else.

Nevertheless, those who haven't heard of Porcupine Tree should buy their album Deadwing from 2005. They've got the erieness of Floyd, progressive songs of Rush, and a whole lot of heavy metal influences.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.