super bowl

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

super bowl

Postby redspexxx » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:23 pm

da bears baby. and they'll win on a missed field goal by adam vinateri... what do you guys think?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:24 pm

Colts by double digits
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby jorr16 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 pm

I think my avatar tells who I will be rooting for!!!
:lol: :lol:
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby Amateur » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:37 pm

Bears D is going to shut Peyton Manning out. Double digits ain't even going to happen here :wink: .

Honestly though I got $100 on the Bears already, they best come through. Papa needs a new bag.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:51 pm

...Only if the colts had played against a team with a defense as good or better than the Bears' during this playoff run.
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby roadkill » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:09 pm

There are several prominent X factors to this game which make it a hard one to predict.

Which Rex Grossman will show up Sunday? The one with a >100 passer rating or the one with a passer rating of 0? Will he panic when pressured? Be willing to take a sack or throw a pick in desperation?

Which Colt defense shows up? The defense that was deemed statiscly the worst run defense in history or the defense that magicly appeared in the postseason?

I'm not sure who to root for. I'd like the Colts to win mainly because I've grown tired of hearing about how Peyton Manning needs to win the big one to silence his critics. However I've always rooted for the NFC team with very few exceptions and I do like the style of the Bears play and their history of producing great linebackers and running backs.

I expect a good game. I doubt this one will be decided before halftime like the last superbowl game the bears played in was.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby jorr16 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:34 pm

There are several prominent X factors to this game which make it a hard one to predict.

Which Rex Grossman will show up Sunday? The one with a >100 passer rating or the one with a passer rating of 0? Will he panic when pressured? Be willing to take a sack or throw a pick in desperation?

Which Colt defense shows up? The defense that was deemed statiscly the worst run defense in history or the defense that magicly appeared in the postseason?

Can't forget about the Windy City Flyer, Devin Hester either...I think the colts gave up some crazy yards on special teams this year...all the sports channels have been touting hester as a possible game shifter this sunday! I think it will be a good game as well and hopefully no one will get slaughtered out there...
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby roadkill » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:43 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:...Only if the colts had played against a team with a defense as good or better than the Bears' during this playoff run.

So you're telling me that the Raven's defense was chopped liver? They kept the Colts from scoring a single touchdown all game.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 pm

I doubt this one will be decided before halftime like the last superbowl game the bears played in was.

heh, that superbowl was over when new england beat miami in the playoffs.

marino's read speed and release was way too fast for the bears D line to get pressure that year and showed the holes in the bear's secondary. granted, that year he was the only qb in the league who was able to do that.

i believe this year the winner will be determined more by failure than success.

will rex grossman suck more than the colt's defense can suck on a bad day?
can the bears play a flawless game of defense?
will manning's head explode under pressure?

basically, the colts D will have to suck to have grossman do well. if grossman sucks bad enough, the colts defense can just suck less.

on the other side of the ball, if manning's head explodes, the bears d will win the game and the colts d will not prevail.

if the bears make any defensive big mistakes that leaves the door open.

my guess is that the score will be like 16-9 regardless of who wins, although it could go as high as like 23-13 if one side manages to score on defense/special teams
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TheUberDork » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:01 am

Display i built at work. Speaks for its self!

TheUberDork
Noob

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:02 am

roadkill wrote:
So you're telling me that the Raven's defense was chopped liver? They kept the Colts from scoring a single touchdown all game.

No, I'm saying the Raven's have a badass defense, they didn't allow any touchdowns and still lost. Conclusion: Even if the bear's D show up,they are still going to have a tough time beating the colts.

Uberdork, for some reason that just reminds me of a Jump to Conclusions mat. :)
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby roadkill » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:38 am

MDR_3000 wrote:
roadkill wrote:

No, I'm saying the Raven's have a badass defense, they didn't allow any touchdowns and still lost. Conclusion: Even if the bear's D show up,they are still going to have a tough time beating the colts.

I don't disagree with this point. However your prior post charged that the Colts did not face a defense as good as the Bears' D throughout their playoff run. I would be totally shocked if the Bears were able to keep the Colts out of the endzone all game like the Ravens did. The Ravens lost because they could do nothing on offense themselves and trying to win a field goal contest against Adam Viniateri is a recipe for defeat.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:01 am

roadkill wrote:

I don't disagree with this point. However your prior post charged that the Colts did not face a defense as good as the Bears' D throughout their playoff run....

...I probably should have used the sarcasm tags. But it looks like we are in agreeance. Bears fans...expect a big day from D. Freeney.
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby garublador » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:59 am

My Suer Bowl predictions:

Cocktail weenies will be very popular again this year, as will chips and some sort of nacho cheese dip.

I'll make a joke about how, "You just can't beat the spread," but I'll be referencing food rather than the score of the game.

My wife will ask me several times who's playing, even though she doesn't care and she knows I don't really care either.

Apple will have an add that Mac heads will think is the greatest thing since the two button mouse, but everyone else will just think it's mildly clever.

Budwiser will have an incredibly annoying, yet super effective add.

Coke will have an incredibly cute and annoying, yet super effective add.

I'll get a tummy ache.

We'll leave the party before the 4th quarter so we can watch our DVR'd shows from last week.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby bigs348 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:10 pm

garublador, those are some great predictions. i'll be doing the exact same thing...
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.