super bowl

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby jorr16 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 pm

garublador wrote:My Suer Bowl predictions:

Cocktail weenies will be very popular again this year, as will chips and some sort of nacho cheese dip.

I'll make a joke about how, "You just can't beat the spread," but I'll be referencing food rather than the score of the game.

My wife will ask me several times who's playing, even though she doesn't care and she knows I don't really care either.

Apple will have an add that Mac heads will think is the greatest thing since the two button mouse, but everyone else will just think it's mildly clever.

Budwiser will have an incredibly annoying, yet super effective add.

Coke will have an incredibly cute and annoying, yet super effective add.

I'll get a tummy ache.

We'll leave the party before the 4th quarter so we can watch our DVR'd shows from last week.

LMAO.... :lol:
I love the truthfulness about it!!
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby MDR_3000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:23 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:Colts by double digits

w00t!
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby Amateur » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Amateur wrote:Honestly though I got $100 on the Bears already, they best come through. Papa needs a new bag.

:(
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby roadkill » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:16 pm

Rex sucked it up big time. Not only did he fumble two snaps and throw two interceptions, his mta-like passes weren't anywhere close to where they should've been.

Colts actually played decent defense. I thought Manning was just mediocre and felt the MVP should've been split between Addai and Rhodes.

I think the rain really made both teams look worse than what they were and was probably why there were so many fumbles. Had the Bears had Tom Brady at the helm instead of Grossman they might've pulled it off, but congrats go to Dungy, Manning and the crew hopefully we don't hear anymore about getting monkeys off of backs.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Don't forget to place a lot of that blame on the Bears D-Line. They allowed 190 rushing yards. I'm pretty sure they averaged under 100 for the season.
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby Jerry R » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:33 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:Don't forget to place a lot of that blame on the Bears D-Line. They allowed 190 rushing yards. I'm pretty sure they averaged under 100 for the season.

Yeah, but they were on the field forever...
Jerry R
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Q Sentinel

Postby black udder » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:52 pm

yeah, because they allowed 190 yards rushing, they couldn't get off the field.

Colts played a smart game, Manning got the MVP because he did everything he had to do to win. Dump off passes, hand off, take advantage of blown coverage. I think the colts played extremely well as a team and the MVP could have gone to any number of players or the team as a whole. However, Manning has been leading that team for awhile and you can't deny what he brought to the offense.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Blake_T » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:22 pm

i don't think the bears D played "their game."

with most teams they would jam 8 in the box but with the colts they were cutting off the deep ball (most of the time). this opened up the run.

the rain aided into the running game for indy since:
1) rhodes and addai are predominantly north/south runners with patience for holes to develop (rare for turf backs).
2) the majority of their runs > 4 yards involved only 1 cutback and before they had a head of steam... translation, the bears D pursuing full on slid by the cutback and the secondary couldn't pick up enough ground to stop them until they were getting 7-10 yards on a lot of the carries because of the depth of the safeties and zone coverage by the weakside linebackers.
3) the bears telegraphed their blitzes so manning was able to audible a lot of 5/6 hole delays, 3/4 hole traps, and plenty of flank dumps.
4) manning is a much better passer while falling down due to rain slippage than grossman.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby black udder » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:41 pm

Blake, come on. Manning is a much better passer standing up too :)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.