PDGA guy who people don't like vs guys who don't like him

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

PDGA guy who people don't like vs guys who don't like him

Postby Apothecary » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:09 am

Frank Edit: So this was the PDGA propaganda thread but now it looks like it is turning into a dumb thread where some PDGA dude is angry at VR and some NEFA guys. Enjoy the show.

whyd you give up your number? who else is supposed to raise hell on their forums? you have an obligation, man!

i think i might need to usurp a valid pdga identity and grace them with the pothness....
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Re: PDGA propaganda

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:03 pm

I voted for Theo Pozzy cuz his last name is a nickname for AIDS positive people.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Trey133 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Just casted my vote! I feel so involved :)
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby BrotherDave » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Shit, I keep voting for Ron Paul for some reason.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:06 pm

discpicible?
Frank Delicious

Postby NOHalffastpull » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:08 am

Christ Ray, are you expecting the pDGA to remain neutral and allow the sheep/members feel like they are doing their duty?

pDGA Erection Killer

Here are the daunting tasks facing the new board:
A. Moderating a member forum at Worlds
B. Overseeing a redesign of pdga.com
C. Selecting an editor for Disc Golfer magazine
D. Liaison to the Rules Committee
E. Overseeing PDGA actions in a lawsuit
F. Coordinating the revamp of the PDGA logo
G. Liaison with a youth development program
H. Reviewing the PDGA's annual auditor's report
I. Liaison to the Tech Standards Committee
J. Providing IDGC staffing oversight
K. Selection of a PDGA Executive Director
L. Liaison to the Course Design Group
M. Redesigning the national tour

Would any of the candidates have cleared a formal nominating committee?

Did the candidates clearly state how they will personally perform the above tasks?

Take the handy matrix, print it and then carefully examine the candidates positions.
Read everything at least three times, fill in the blanks, total the columns
and vote for the names you recognize.

This is no longer our organization.
We are paying dues, sanctioning fees, per player fees, $10 privilege-to-play fees and an extra $10 to take a test to play in an event.
We pay them thousands a year and they let us use their rules.

Vegan Ray Complains and LaGrange tells him to "love it or leave it".

This vote is my last act a a member.
No longer TDing an event, no need to be a member.

steve timm
NOHalffastpull
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: still searching ....

Postby Smigles » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 am

Must be nice to stand outside and criticise.

If you are interested in what the pdga does, become a member and do something. If not, do your own thing and stop crying about what they are doing.

Yes, this is no longer "our" organisation. It's a organisation that does administrating for 50'000 players. It's a organisation that is so big that it has several full time jobs just to do the administration. Everybody that has ever organised a vote is trying to get their view across and do "propaganda" as anyone with half a brain knows. It's not outrageous just because the pdga does it too.

There could be many interesting discusions about the direction that the pdga is going and if it is right or not. This here is not one of them.
Smigles
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Aviar,Wasp,Nuke

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 am

VR is the president of the PDGF.
Frank Delicious

Postby veganray » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:08 am

Smigles wrote:Must be nice to stand outside and criticise.

If you are interested in what the pdga does, become a member and do something.

I was an active pDGA member for many years, almost certainly more years than you have been playing the game & possibly more than you have been alive. I sat in on many BOD teleconferences when my business partner was on the Board, and saw firsthand how dysfunctional the whole thing was, with the hope that my friend could begin to effect change. Unfortunately, he was summarily secretly excluded from important debates, undermined by "established" members, and belittled by the Executive Director (who, BTW, was supposedly employed at the Board's discretion). His utter powerless frustration with the process caused him not to seek reelection at the end of his term.

And, yes, you are right: it is quite wonderful to stand outside, as I no longer have the following burdens:
1) watching my annual $75 used for such noble projects as flying staff around the world to glad-hand at tournaments in exotic locales
2) handsomely paying a wannabe statistician (albeit a well-meaning wannabe statistician) to plug numbers into his handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet (employing the grueling process of calling built-in functions) to produce mathematically bankrupt ratings
3) having the powers that be take away my voting rights as a member to attempt to unilaterally install its preferred Board of Directors to ram through any initiative that looks the shiniest at the moment
4) witnessing core org functions (website development, online registration, merch fulfillment, & DVD production, to name a few) awarded to poorly-qualified BOD cronies without meaningful competitive bidding
5) being stifled from criticizing the org's actions on its website under penalty of permaban
6) and, oh yeah, being advised by another BOD crony that if I am not 100% in lockstep with the Board & ED's edicts, I should just not renew (in retrospect, the best advice I've ever gotten from a pDGA stooge).

Smigles wrote:Yes, this is no longer "our" organisation.

QFT!!!!
Last edited by veganray on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby veganray » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 am

Frank Delicious wrote:VR is the president of the PDGF.

Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Smyith » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 am

NOHalffastpull wrote:Vegan Ray Complains and LaGrange tells him to "love it or leave it".

ive gotten a similar response from that dick as well. Jeff can go suck a fat one. and yes i would tell him that to his face. the only reason i renew is to save on non-member tournment fees. if it was $5 again i wouldnt renew. i seriously would like to see another organization try to spring up. i wish i had the organizational skills to put something like that together.

im dumbfounded that with such a large group of candidates that some have managed to vote already. did they really read the statements? ask any questions? i doubt it. the popularity contest Pozzy preaches against on the PDGA forums is what keeps him in office. Vote for the names you recognize, HA!
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Solbo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:11 am

Don't get me started on Jeff LaGrassa, guy is the epitome of an "internet tough guy"... on my local forum, NEFA, he has silenced me from being heard, well, by him anyways. An organization that he doesnt belong to, nor has ever belonged to. I am a former President and Vice President of the Organization and multi-year organizer of the Team Challenge system in NEFA, which over the years has grown from 6 teams of 12 players, to going into this year expecting 20 teams with 16 players each.

Dude either gets his way.. or bans you on the PDGA board, or comes over to your board and puts his fingers in his ears and starts going, "Na na na na na na, I can't hear you", very loudly like a 10 year old child.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby the_lung » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 am

Hey Solbo, I was NEFA member at one time so get your facts straight, dickwad.

Looks like I have to add you on Ignore on this message board, and apparently Adam Smith as well. Funny, then I wouldn't be able to see a majority of posts in this thread. :lol:

Epic douchebags like Veganray, underparmike, Solbo, etc. are merely burrs in the saddle of the tens of thousands of people who are out there trying to grow the sport of disc golf. Their lives seemingly revolve around spewing almost daily negativity, hate, and ridiculous conspiracy theories on internet forums. Some of their behavior is so bizarre that I often wonder if they have serious depression or bi-polar issues. They are the very definition of internet tough guys, and when you actually try to interact with them "in the real world" they of course say nothing to your face. (serious anxiety issues, perhaps?)

If there's one thing I'm guilty of, it's a lack of sensibility...because I choose to call them out on their bullshit. Somebody has to stand up for all the volunteers that they denigrate, so I do it. But even I have my limits and eventually I realize that there are more important things in life like my wife, my son, my friends, my band, etc. Eventually there comes a point where you just have to tune out the inane ramblings of crazy people. I'm no psychologist, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of these folks end up in either a mental facility or prison someday. In the meantime, I make more room for the important things in life. :thumbup:
the_lung
Noob

Postby veganray » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:25 am

If I were being systematically avoided by person after person after person when I tried to "interact with them 'in the real world'", I might look inward and ask myself if it were the fact that I were a pathetic, obnoxious cunt unworthy of the breath wasted uttering a simple, "Hello," that was repelling them, rather than decide that I was 100% cool and that the rest of the world had "serious anxiety issues, perhaps".

But that's just me…

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 am

where you just have to tune out the inane ramblings of crazy people

This is why I don't talk to steeler fans.
Frank Delicious

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.