Yum yums

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yum yums

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Tried the Datil Mango today, needed to up the dosage since it isn't as hot as Scorpion's Ghost. It's a lot more peppery than I expected, I though it was going to taste more fruity. It kinda tastes like these:
Not as good as Ghost, but I'm liking it.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm

jubuttib wrote:Tried the Datil Mango today, needed to up the dosage since it isn't as hot as Scorpion's Ghost. It's a lot more peppery than I expected, I though it was going to taste more fruity. It kinda tastes like these:
Not as good as Ghost, but I'm liking it.

Love those especially the extra hot variety. And mixed with vodka yummy. Not koskis but good tasting ones it's much better made from quality components than anything you can buy in Alko and 99 % of restaurants that mix their own from some cheap swill. With the tragedy being that almost anything you can get in Tallinn is better tasting and dirt cheap compared to Finnish normal selection.

That Datil Mango has to be great if it resembles Tyrkisk peber.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:36 am

It's not quite like them, but it does have the same sort of "pepperyness".
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:26 am

Which sounds tasty an awesome at the same time :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I may go to Furr's buffet tonight
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I have a sweet tooth so jams are great IMO. French Confiture Bonne Maman Figues Blanches Fruits Choicis fig jam is aswesome!!! Very fresh fruity taste and not overly sweet. Yes despite being a sweet tooth i like fruity real tasting not over the top sweetness even better than punch your face get holes in the teeth from all the sugar sweetness. Which also works in some cases it's all about what to accompany with. Punch in the face overly sweet Dronningholm strawberry jam from Sweden is great for ice cream and pancakes but the less full bodied taste with lighter toned down sweetness of the fig jam is a more realistic and all round suitable additive to foods than hot chile type overdose. Which can be fun as a trick but not always as a rule. In Finland you get Dronningholm everywhere and the fig jam at least at Stockmann.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:06 am

Slow-roasted & pulled green jackfruit sandwiches with shoestring carrot, golden raisin, & harissa slaw. Freaking fantastically meat analogicious!!! I've found the new vegetarian option for pig pickin' events I cater.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby BLURR » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

This stuff along with some salt and black pepper kettle chips is the bomb...

If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby dgdave » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Love me some Mrs. Renfros.

I'm grilling an 1 1/2" thick prime ribeye right now.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby biscgolf » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:58 pm

veganray wrote:Slow-roasted & pulled green jackfruit sandwiches with shoestring carrot, golden raisin, & harissa slaw. Freaking fantastically meat analogicious!!! I've found the new vegetarian option for pig pickin' events I cater.

they had jackfruit popsicles at the oriental grocery today. saw them when buying my yissine dumplings...
biscgolf
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: proline leopard

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:06 am

Nice play. Yissine dumplings (particularly the kimchee flavor) FTW!
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:19 am

Made eggplant roulade with mozzarella and roasted red peppers topped with a roast red pepper tomato sauce, Risotto with fontina cheese and creme fraiche topped with roasted root veggies with thyme.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 am

I woke up early this a.m. & baked two dozen scratch black chocolate cupcakes with mini chocolate chips, rich-ass fudge frosting, and chocolate jimmies for my daughter's class to nom in celebration of her impending birthday. Also baked one dozen red chocolate/almond cupcakes with peanut butter filling, chocolate ganache, and peanut butter buttercream. Making homemade dark chocolate peanut butter cups tonight to adorn each in preparation for her party tomorrow afternoon. Make-your-own-pizza party for six 7-8 year olds should be interesting…

Last night's dinner:
heart of romaine, baby arugula, & celery leaf salad with orange dragon dressing
pulled jackfruit carnitas tacos with pickled red onion, fresh avocado, and bhut jolokia pico de gallo
braised mixed greens with turnips, Walla Walla onions, & cayenne chiles
beautifully-molded jasmine rice tadig with pistachios & golden sultanas

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm

VR, you ever make pressure cooker hamine eggs before? If so how did they turn out?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby veganray » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Never in a pressure cooker (I can't see the gain in doing so - you're looking to maintain a 150-ishºF temp, not a >212ºF one), but a crock pot on hi for about 10 hours makes 'em perfect.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.