Postby Wabbajack » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm

How did last night's experiment go?
Wabbajack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Katana

Re: Yum yums

Postby veganray » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Smell: delicious & Dr Peppery
Look: slightly flatter-topped than my day-to-day cupcakes, whipped cream "float" top with a candied cherry is visually stunning, I need to make an edible "straw" to complete the visual theme
Feel: slightly more substantial in texture than my day-to-day cupcakes, but somehow lighter as well
Taste: the proof will be in the pudding - serving at first break of poker tonight ~8:30pm

ASIDE - I sure wish they would make Cherry Chocolate Dr Pepper a regular release. That stuff is DA BOMB!
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm

making veggie spring rolls tonight for dinner. Wife doesn't want anything too crazy so they are gonna have asparagus, carrot, cucumber, veggie creamcheese, pickled ginger and some pickled chinese cabbage in them. Store bought sweet and hot chili sauce for dipping.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby veganray » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:25 pm

cream cheese in spring roll = a li'l bit crazy

sweet/hot chile sauce in the old-skool ketchup bottle = AWESOME
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:26 pm

the cream cheese makes it awesome. you should try it some time.
Frank Delicious

Postby veganray » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Vegan cream cheese doesn't behave well when heated. I made a bunch o' poppers with it last fall & they were meh.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm making the non-fried kind. I see I left that out of my original post. My bad.
Frank Delicious

Postby veganray » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:52 pm

I like to call the soft kind "summer rolls" to set 'em apart. Addition of cream cheese is intriguing, kinda like a sushi roll/summer roll hybrid.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:05 pm

veganray wrote:I like to call the soft kind "summer rolls" to set 'em apart. Addition of cream cheese is intriguing, kinda like a sushi roll/summer roll hybrid.

yeah I tried it a while ago as a semi-hybrid style roll with some tuna, cream cheese, asparagus, cucumber and a little rice and it worked out well. It's a nice way to make 'em when you don't want a lot of rice or in this case, no rice at all.
Frank Delicious

Postby veganray » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 am

veganray wrote:Smell: delicious & Dr Peppery
Look: slightly flatter-topped than my day-to-day cupcakes, whipped cream "float" top with a candied cherry is visually stunning, I need to make an edible "straw" to complete the visual theme
Feel: slightly more substantial in texture than my day-to-day cupcakes, but somehow lighter as well
Taste: the proof will be in the pudding - serving at first break of poker tonight ~8:30pm

Fantastic. A smidge more chocolaty & less Dr Peppery than I intended, but an explosion of cherry goodness. Vegan whipped cream topping is a close analog to the spume that adorns a proper float. These will go into the rotation.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby vonDrehle » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Has anyone done something like this? I can't figure out if it looks disgusting or amazing.

vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Not quite like that but something along those lines, with less cheese involved. It was meaty and nom.

I really need to try some Epic Mealtime recipes sometime. The Deathstar Meatball looked pretty tasty.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 pm

made stuffed grape leaves tonight with rice pilaf flavored with cinnamon, coriander, black pepper, cloves, allspice, and bay leaf. Then mixed in some dried figs and dates and some cooked lamb meat. They turned out good.
Frank Delicious

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 am

turso tried spicing up his chips yesterday with the Trinidad Scorpion I got from Biscoe, and I have to say that they turned out really yummy.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby veganray » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Dried powder or sauce? (Both are off-the-hook.)

My dinner last night:
pot likker from braised mustard greens with chipotle/scallion corn bread crumbled into it, topped with smoked datil, smoked cayenne, tabasco, & Caribbean red chile powders
mixed microgreen salad with marinated button mushrooms, confetti of frozen tofu, and julienned daikon with pineapple/palm vinaigrette

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.