Home Brewing

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon May 14, 2007 11:01 am

Terrence wrote:I finally tasted the Irish Red tonight. It's fantastic! The third batch was a charm for us as this beer came out with flying colors. Slightly sweet, while still contrasted nicely with the hops, with a cleaner finish which makes it a better session beer. I wish we could've made ten gallons of this stuff.

I'm glad to hear it. My irish red ingredients come Wednesday, which sets me up for a brew day on friday (I ran out of DME for a starter). I had the first bottle of my ESB yesterday and it is fantastic. It tastes like an IPA to my unsophisticated taste, kinda like a Samuel Adams. It is great and I can't wait to brew it again. I was told it would be like a BASS, but it is more hoppy than a BASS (may have been me though). Still, hoppy makes me happy!

Guess I better quit messing around and order my kegging kit so it gets here before the summer starts. I'm thinking of making a stout and then another ESB. Depending on how my hefenweizen turns, I may make more for the summer. I hope y'all are having as much fun brewing/drinking as I am.

Oh I had one six pack of my light ale from my first batch. It is great, but short on flavor.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed May 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Ordered my keggin kit yesterday! Brewed an irish red last night and brewing a stout on friday.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NoLifeLeft » Wed May 30, 2007 10:48 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:Ordered my keggin kit yesterday! Brewed an irish red last night and brewing a stout on friday.

Congrats.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:32 pm

I may need more equipment. Had 3 friends over last night and they cleaned out my stock. I have an Irish Red in the ferementer that I brewed Wednesday and a stout I brewed Friday, but that still means about 4 weeks with no home brew. :cry:
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.