Arrested for D.U.I.

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Arrested for D.U.I.

Postby Amateur » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:18 am

Have any of you cats gone through this bullshit. I got 5 tickets last night and arrested for DUI. Spent the night in jail with Bo and Victor. One fat black dude with the shits and Christopher LLoyd from Dennis the Menace. I'm 23 and pretty, I didn't fit in.

I got like 2k in fees and no license. I dominated the legal limit. No .08 for me, I blew .31. Almost 4 times the legal limit.

I think their breathalizer is screwy because over a 4 hour period I drank less than 100oz of beer and one shot of tequilla. I'm a 180lb male with a drinking tolerance, and I had a full stomache. At the employee party at work we had a breathalizer for fun. I drank 12 pints of Guiness and blew .20. That's almost double the beer and in half the time.

I think I'm going to get an attourney. The only reason I initally got pulled over was for going 5 miles over the speed limit. Plus it's my first moving violation and DUI.

Do you think I have a chance at getting a permit to drive to work for the next 3 months? Should I change my screen name to Ticketmaster? I'm having way too much fun for how bad this sucks.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:35 am

Definitely get an attorney. It could very well be that the calibration was off on the breathalyzer...but damn dude, if it wasn't, you really had no business being on the road. I've had lots of friends get DUI's, and no doubt about it, they suck. But of course, DUI related deaths and accidents suck far worse.

Regardless though, get a lawyer. Even if they can't get you off, they can get the sentence reduced. And for the love of god...dress up when you go to court. I've had the misfortune of going to court a couple times, and it never ceased to amaze me that guys would show up wearing t-shirts and jeans, or "gangsta wear".
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby redspexxx » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:38 am

im not sure about your states law, you'll wanna talk to a local shark about that. here in AL: the best and prettty much only way to get out is to make the prosecution delay so much they have to drop the charges. here pro and def get 2 continuances each. if def runs out, it goes to trial, if pros runs out and needs another, the case is dropped. i fell asleep in line at krystals(that neon sign is like a siren leading shipmen to their deaths...) and was awoken by a not so happy officer wanting me to walk a line...
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby swel304 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:40 am

how long had it been since you took the shot? thats probly what did it. any hard liquore like that can make you blow very how even if you havent had much. Im pretty sure most states (if not all) have a zero tolerance law on DUI so I would guess you are screwed. better buy a bus pass. I know its easy to think your not too drunk to drive, or that you drive fine with a buzz, but ive had too many friends destroy cars and nearly kill themselves in the same situation. Even if you dont kill someone you will eventually get caught and its just not worth it. 5-20$ for a cab or DD doesnt sound so bad after 2k$ in fines and a year or two with no licence eh? Hope you get it taken care of without too much trouble. if its anything like our area your probly looking at least 6-12 months no licesce and a dui class (my friend blew about as high as you so they made him take the class twice :lol: ) + fines paid off. I think here they also take them away permanently on the 2nd or 3rd offence.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Amateur » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:14 am

Just talked to my lawyer. My license suspension doesn't begin until March 7th and after that I will have 1 month until I can get a work permit to drive. Then 2 months after that. My boss said I could live with her for the month, I'll have to run that one by m'lady. I'd totally bone my boss tho.

I took the shot before any beer drinking went down. Shot was at 7pm arrest was at 1am.

What sucks worse is this tarnishes my driving record. I'll never deliver pizzas or drive limosuines again.

What really sucks worse is I'm going to have to marry my girlfriend just so she'll give me rides to work and such. :cry:

I don't really have a support system besides my bitch. I've never had a DD and a cab ride to my house from town is like $30. I didn't even spend that much on booze! I know it's not the smartest thing to do, driving drunk and all, but how many times does your best friend turn 23. Once, bro.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:50 am

I don't really have a support system besides my bitch.

haha
just me and my bitch

yea man i know alot of cats that have gotten DUI's, its not a good thing, but many have gotten probabtion and classes on their first offence
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:52 am

It's easy money when a cop pulls over a drunk driver. Thats one of the reasons I quit drinking at bars. It's just too easy to get lit up! Plus I could not live with myself if I killed someone because I was driving drunk. My ex racked up 2 DUI's and 3 wrecked cars! She just couldn't quit partying. The court costs and hassle with insurance is not worth it. Good luck.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby Glock23 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:25 pm

If I come off like a dick here, oh well.

I have no problem at all with cops waiting outside of bars to ticket people. To me that makes more sense than waiting on the side of the highway to pull someone over for 10 miles above the limit. More fatal crashes result from alcohol than any other cause.

As far as the DUI goes, it sucks, but no one made the choice for you. I like to drink as much as the next guy, but there is no way I am getting behind the wheel. It isn't worth the risk. Not only the financial costs, but imagine going through the rest of your life if you killed someone. Your friend may only turn 23 once, big deal. The choice to get behind the wheel with that in your system could impact a lot more than your friend having a good party. You could have made someone a widow, or taken away someone's son or daughter. I really hope there isn't a next time for you man, it is just to risky. Also the fines aren't going to be the only cost, wait until your car insurance company finds out you are now high risk. Just use this to learn you lesson and next time you get thrashed, just fork out the $30 for the cab, or plan a DD. To me it still sounds like you got off pretty easy.

A couple quick stats:
The impact of alcohol involvement increases with injury severity. Alcohol-involved crashes accounted for 10 percent of property damage only crash costs, 21 percent of nonfatal injury crashes; and 46 percent of fatal injury crash costs.

According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2005, 16,885 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes - an average of one almost every half-hour. These deaths constituted approximately 39 percent of the 43,443 total traffic fatalities.

[/rant]
Last edited by Glock23 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby swel304 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:25 pm

I've never had a DD and a cab ride to my house from town is like $30. I didn't even spend that much on booze! I know it's not the smartest thing to do, driving drunk and all, but how many times does your best friend turn 23. Once, bro.

I know what you mean, i cant say ive never gotten drunk and driven. I was lucky enough that nothing bad happend. 2000$-30$=the cab ride suddenly doesnt look so expensive. I know the DD in my area is a flat fee of 20$ and not only do you get a sober ride home, they take you in your own car so you dont have to find a way to pick up your ride in the morning.

swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:39 pm

that is a sweet ass deal swel
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby swel304 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:42 pm

I havent used it myself. Im usually the DD because I cant count on my friends not to drive drunk :lol: oh well, id rather they get home safe.

swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Texas Made » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:55 pm

I have a friend that is a cop, My roomate got a DWI two weeks ago.
He told me that when they ask you to blow. dont. when they ask for a blood test decline. They immediately arrest you, suspend your liscence for a month.

But, when you go to court they have no evidence that you were under the influence unless the feild sobriety video shows you staggering around. Texas has the toughest DWI laws in the country, to top it of the legal limit is .08. that is less than 3/4 of 1 12oz beer.

So yeah, dont do what they ask you too, you are getting arrested regardless.
Not doing what they ask you too actually helps you at that point.

This makes it easier to get the case thrown out or lowered....
Wish IO would have psoted this earlier.

eh.
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby domromer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Or maybe don't be a moron and drink and drive, I can't belive were talking about how to beat the system. and not get a DUI, it'd called don't drink and drive like fucking moron. I have no sympathy for people crying about DUI's My sister was killed by a drunk driver, it's the lamest fucking thing you can do.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby matchu » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 pm

Here in America money talks...
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jerry R » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:50 pm

:?:
Last edited by Jerry R on Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jerry R
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Q Sentinel

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.