Finnish in your face

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: True professionals

Postby Itchy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:30 pm

@7ontheline: I wasn't saying s TS clearance doesn't COST anything, I was saying it didn't MEAN much. Everything is compartmentalized at that level and above. When I had a clearance, I got it in about 6 days (you're in Holding Company until your clearance goes through). I'd guess (not really sure) the less time they interview people, the less it costs. The younger you are, the less they have to investigate. 850,000 actually sounds like a pretty low number. How many S and C clearances are out there? The ship I was on had about 150 TS clearances... how many ships are in the Navy? What about the other branches and civilians? I kind of thought the community would be bigger than that.

This might sound like a slam and I'd like to keep this level headed and civil. It's not a personal attack at all, just my thoughts.
The US military is a VERY small military and depend on information and technology to augment it. Maybe if more concerned citizens joined the fight, there'd be less spending on intel and technology?

Again, not trying to fan the flames, just putting some thoughts out there.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:50 pm

uh not to add to the crazy but what do you mean by "very small military" in regards to the US military?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:15 pm

No offense taken, just spend my military tax dollars on intel and training Seal Team 6 type guys and not Iraq Policeman type guys or better yet develop alternative sources of energy so we're not dying to make the rich even richer. peace
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Itchy wrote:The US military is a VERY small military and depend on information and technology to augment it. Maybe if more concerned citizens joined the fight, there'd be less spending on intel and technology?
Frank Delicious wrote:uh not to add to the crazy but what do you mean by "very small military" in regards to the US military?
Umm, yeah, what the fuck indeed? It's the eight biggest by number or troops and accounts for over 42% of all the money spent on armies world wide. What the fuck dude?

EDIT: Oh, and that's counting reserves and paramilitary. Counting only active troops you're second.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby what'shisname » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:38 pm

what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:50 pm

i blame every crappy post in this thread on dgcr and want a moderator to make all the bad posters go away.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Itchy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Yeah! What the fuck Itchy, you're stupid! Wait... I'm Itchy... Fuck! OK, time to make JR proud!

jubuttib wrote:
Itchy wrote:The US military is a VERY small military and depend on information and technology to augment it. Maybe if more concerned citizens joined the fight, there'd be less spending on intel and technology?

Umm, yeah, what the fuck indeed? It's the eight biggest by number or troops and accounts for over 42% of all the money spent on armies world wide. What the fuck dude?

I think you kind of just proved what I was saying there. We spend money to make up for numbers. Call me crazy (you already did, but that's cool), but out of 1,430,895 active duty only 149,300 are spread around MENA and that isn't that many and they rely heavily on technology to fight the wars.

Numbers:
Iraq in theater 45,600
Afghanistan in theater 103,700
Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_deployments

Pie Chart:

So now I go on about combat stress and combat fatigue and how you can't keep all 1,430,895 active duty in a combat zone forever and other logistical matters. Point is, you can't ask 10.4% of 0.4% of the population to fight two wars for you with sticks and rocks. If more of that 99.54% of the population were fighting the wars instead of complaining about them maybe it'd be a different story. When I was over there I was glad as shit to have night vision to see in the dark, a manpack to call for help, a pretty good idea where the bad guys were in relation to me, a hospital to go to in Kuwait after breaking bones, etc.

I'm not here to debate whether or not we should be there... just that I was glad you tax payers were paying for gear to help me get home.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby Apothecary » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 pm

wow. this is a really great thread.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Glad you're home but you're still trying to "Win."

PEACE not war and now... I give up, so please try to understand I'm not wasting anymore of my resources.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:48 pm

i never trust pie charts made in excel. what is this 1996?
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Postby Apothecary » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:25 pm

the only good soldier is one who protects his country.

im not convinced there are any good soldiers left in the american military. our military is stocked with mere pawns for the elite political power mongers and their shadowy corporate bosses. they dont defend their country. they merely propagate the military-industrial complex. they swear an oath to protect the constitution and that oath goes out the window the second their superior orders them to murder or illegally detain. what part of "all men (not just US citizens) are created equal" and "no person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger...nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" dont you silly military schmucks understand?
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm

This thread has somehow captured every kind of stupid and combined them all into one big log of shit
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Up in Smoke 2: the smokening!
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Apothecary » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 pm

am i wrong?
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:Up in Smoke 2: the smokening!

let's do this. i'll get the duct tape.
jsun3thousand

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.