Finnish in your face

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: True professionals

Postby JR » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 pm

what'shisname wrote:Image

That is the question. At least a partial answer is that people running the world are way more stupid than most of the regular people. Trying to run the madhouse that is humankind is a job for the nutty. Or an unsavory job for a very respectable person, who takes the job out of professionalism and a sense of duty that somebody has to do this crap job no matter how unpleasant it is. Those seem to be the minority and people with personality disorders and apparently a lack of appropriate knowledge jockey for power to compensate for self realized lack of somethings they know are missing vs the rest of the population, but being fools don't realize what is missing. Compensating by going after all that shines and glitters is the standard response of a person that suffers from personality disorders. They explain to themselves that being in a superficially coveted position earns them respect. So they make themselves slaves of the perceptions of others. In superficial examination, which is the only mode available to people, who lack understanding of how things work. The lack comes from the incomplete maturing hampering processing of data. If you can't connect the dots between a and b you develop a twisted world view. When you late need to apply a, b or their relation and have messed up you are gonna fail even harder and develop even stranger misconceptions. Repeat often enough without help, intervention or realization that observed facts don't connect with previous deductions you will go to a breakdown. These kind of people are often locked up in mental institutions. A real problem is that these people will by like rain men of pursuing what glitters. Their sole goal is to excel so they work hard and are often competent within their limits. They often perform medium level and some top level difficult tasks excellently and rise in status in organizations. It is a real problem for companies and owners of companies to get bosses, who aren't magpies going for shiny things like madman making money for everyone, but not letting them go too far beyond their capabilities. It is way too common to promote these types to too high positions, where they are called for to make decisions that is beyond their capability. Instead crucial things won't get performed or are twisted to insanity, because that is what you get, when the insane call the shots. AKA the world today.

One widely known behavior type for fools promoted too far is the options of the leaders. When the goal setting for triggering big pay days in the form of options for a foolish boss allows running down a business just so that the boss gets fast easy cash, too many do it. We all know what has happened as a result. The common sense cure would be to subject boss wannabes to properly done psychological evaluation. The thing is where do you find a competent enough psychologist to do the testing? It is not enough to be a psychologist by training, in order to understand the sensibility or lack thereof of the tested person the psychologist should not just perform tests, but interview the test subject deeply enough. In order to be able to properly evaluate the test subject the psychologist needs to understand the test subject and what it is that they should do in their line of work. That means being competent in another profession. Not easy considering how long it takes to train a psychologist. All of this goes against one of the basic principles in sciences that the untrained should not be in a position of power over the trained as a rule, What does a psychologist know of leading, managing, being a leader etc? That is why there are so few suitable psychologists and why they charge astronomically. No wonder then that so many cuckoos get to the top without having been tested properly. Then the shit hits the fan for everyone. Multiply this to national leaders and you get the even more foolish than your average sufferer of personality disorders bosses. In democratic societies you don't even need to graduate elementary school to be elected and you certainly don't need to know anything. Thus cultivating the foolishness of the decisions. A case in point the minister of finances in Finland is a nurse by training. What does a nurse know about economy? Or leading. All of Europe is in shifting sand, because of that one woman at the moment. Why is the interesting story. The answers are many and stupidity and several types of failing ethically, morally, logically etc. are among them.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:24 pm

My grandfather once told me that if someone ever tells you that you're clueless about something even when you know you're right, you really need to stop and take to time to rethink what you believe to be correct because you just might be wrong.

One of the things I often ask, especially in business, is what am I missing?
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby BrotherDave » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Biggie and Tupac are still alive.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Parks » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:25 am

7ontheline wrote:My grandfather once told me that if someone ever tells you that you're clueless about something even when you know you're right, you really need to stop and take to time to rethink what you believe to be correct because you just might be wrong.

The key is to have an open mind, but not so open that it falls out. <----- paraphrase of some guy that I don't remember.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 am

jsun3thousand wrote:i never trust pie charts made in excel. what is this 1996?
That actually looks more like OpenOffice...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:58 am

Parks wrote:
7ontheline wrote:My grandfather once told me that if someone ever tells you that you're clueless about something even when you know you're right, you really need to stop and take to time to rethink what you believe to be correct because you just might be wrong.

The key is to have an open mind, but not so open that it falls out. <----- paraphrase of some guy that I don't remember.

Unfortunately those guys have been only half right. Actually the reason why it is said not to dabble science with the uninitiated is, because little knowledge is dangerous. More dangerous than no knowledge at all. If you know pushing steel rods into electrical socket is going to do something it is more dangerous than not knowing it. There plenty of more reasons, why those that know don't want to discuss meaningful things with the not meaningful people. It is not the fault of those in the know that most aren't. In the know. I just happen to have the time from time to time to do things better than most in the know in that i can shed some pieces of information to yes what effectively are the unwashed masses as somebody put the words into my mouth earlier in another thread on DGR. So please get informed and stop being a numb nut like most so that you'll understand that you are not helping and are a part of the problem. Just because you are presented with the truth and don't understand it does not mean that you need to start slinging baseless accusations about the kind soul that tried to stop the misery part of your existence. The true mark of a fool is that they don't realize, when somebody tries to help them and bite the hand that feeds them. So if you erred in thinking this is condescending you would have made another mistake. If the reality is that you are a shade of a fool like all the rest, but more so than some, boo hoo. Truth hurts. Manners? Please give me a break haw haw. The most brilliant scientist of one generation Tycho Brahe died of a busted gut, because of irrational manners, when he was not allowed to go to shit at a banquet hosted by a king. King fool. The true manners of humanity judged by actions, not theory, are kill kill kill haaaaaaw haawwa yehaaaaaaw!!!!! So butt fuck that.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Triflusal » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:25 am

9/11 was a neoconservative plot
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby 7ontheline » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:48 am

Ignorance is bliss BUT you have to take what you get. Help me if you can JR, or if its even possible because I've been conditioned for so long and my bias is so great that even though I'd like to say I "have an open mind" I feel comfortable or tired or just plain lazy arm and arm with my unwashed brothers. Its extremely hard for me to change muchless get someone else to open up to the idea of even considering a change for themselves. Memphis is a city with extreme racial tension on all sides. Some guys I play DG with drop the N word without a second thought. I know I'm racist but I don't want to be seen that way. If I don't speak up and try to stear them a different way then I'm effectively saying its okay... too often all my lazy ass can manage is "dude, that's not right." IF they want to talk about it, I'm all in.

How does it go? I don't know... I know that I don't know... I know because I work at it... I don't know how I know, it just happens.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby BrotherDave » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:23 am

John Travolta is not a very good actor.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Re: You need to be Finnish or high to understand this thread

Postby veganray » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby JR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 pm

7ontheline wrote:Ignorance is bliss BUT you have to take what you get. Help me if you can JR, or if its even possible because I've been conditioned for so long and my bias is so great that even though I'd like to say I "have an open mind" I feel comfortable or tired or just plain lazy arm and arm with my unwashed brothers. Its extremely hard for me to change muchless get someone else to open up to the idea of even considering a change for themselves. Memphis is a city with extreme racial tension on all sides. Some guys I play DG with drop the N word without a second thought. I know I'm racist but I don't want to be seen that way. If I don't speak up and try to stear them a different way then I'm effectively saying its okay... too often all my lazy ass can manage is "dude, that's not right." IF they want to talk about it, I'm all in.

How does it go? I don't know... I know that I don't know... I know because I work at it... I don't know how I know, it just happens.

It takes a lot of mental strength to accomplish harder things. It ain't easy to stand on your two feet, when it means going against the flow. To be able to choose to stand your ground you need information based conviction of the need to do it and courage to stick to it as a way of leading your life. It's not like you need to say ther N word to survive. To pull off doing it time and again also takes concentration and strength. A little outside help goes a long way. Have you ever said a helpful word or two to encourage someone that is on the brink of giving up and had them succeed? It is a great feeling and often only a little encouragement from others goes a long way. Just as nobody is truly free or alone most of the time you can take the good part of having company -getting help. Whether it is information, wisdom, experience, concrete pushing forward or whatever. Seeking the company of good people that are in a position to help can be crucial. But you need to want to change. You'll be better for the effort and feel better about yourself too. Experience has shown that you won't always reap what you sow, but external rewards aren't as good a reason as self improvement if you ask me.

Another matter is that PC is bullshit. What does it matter if someone drops a n word or calls white men honkies or whatever? A Finnish proverb says that a bark does not make a wound. What others do is up to them. You can only think for yourself. But you can act on behalf of others. You can share wisdom, experiences etc. It's not like blacks or whites really fit into racial stereotypes anyway. Stereotypes don't work period.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby veganray » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:01 pm

JR wrote:Another matter is that PC is bullshit. What does it matter if someone drops a n word…

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! In one breath you decry political correctness, and in the next you can't bring yourself to type a simple six-letter word, instead substituting for it the most blatant PC euphemism of 'em all. What a joke you are, JR, an mentally-unbalanced embarrassment to your wise ancestors who decided that the Arctic Circle was a delightful place to settle.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Leopard » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:23 pm

by process of elimination and due to inexorable desire to understand this thread, i must become Finnish

FU FD
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Flipflat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi guys, got some discs on ebay*, check out the link in my sig :)

*featuring a super-rare Discwing Trancend!
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.