Beer

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Beer

Postby Jaysus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

Victory is my favorite brewery... Prima Pils is my favorite of their flagships.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RustyP » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:13 am

He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/262/30970

Had one of these last night and loved it! Pretty balanced for a DIPA, some nice tropical fruits in the nose, and the rye adds a nice spice character. Geshmak!
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:30 am

Found Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA on tap at a local bar. Big beer, damn tasty.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby bcr123psu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:21 pm

NoLifeLeft wrote:Found Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA on tap at a local bar. Big beer, damn tasty.

There are a few beers that the folks at Weyerbacher do really well, and the Double Simcoe IPA is one of them. Their brewery is only 25-30 minutes from me and every few years we take a tour and get half-faced on good beer during the tasting after the tour.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby JR » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:06 am

Ska Brewing Molé is a weird and wonderful beer. Individually it is great for the parts it holds. Together it is a combination of many known and often used great taste combinations. Beer and chocolate check. Chili and beer sure. Beer ans spices oh yeah. All of those mixed together? Hooray!!! More than the sum of the parts that's for sure.

A favorable nod to the somewhat alcohol tasting Danish Mikkeller rye double IPA. The alcohol taste goes away pretty soon and it is both an achievement technically quality wise and testament to the high alcohol content of 14 % by volume.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NoLifeLeft » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 am

A local bar got a beer from Terrapin on tap called Liquid Bliss, it's described as a peanut butter porter. Holy shit, this stuff was surprisingly good. The peanut taste is fairly mellow but impossible to miss and laid nicely over a chocolatey porter.

http://terrapinbeer.com/brew/side-proje ... uid-bliss/
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Flipflat » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Fav beer of the year, wet hop, double ipa, 9%, mellow n hoppy
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby JR » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 am

If you like a stiff multifaceted dark yet hoppy strong brew (great for winter time) how about Cambridge Brewing Company Red God? Easily among the top contenders for the best new beer i've had this year although not taking the crown. Close enough top 5 material for sure.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby bcr123psu » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Flipflat wrote:Image

Fav beer of the year, wet hop, double ipa, 9%, mellow n hoppy

Somebody should send Solty a half dozen or so of these. He runs an awesome annual tournament called the "Hoodoo".
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby Jaysus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:41 pm

And then Solty should give me the empties so I can fill them up with homebrew ;)

Speaking of which, I had some keg issues before our tag finale and was only able to bring one bottle of homebrew with me as a result. It was a big bottle:

Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:22 am

Pray it is not a bottle rocket :-D
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 am

If you like Belgian beers do yourself a favor and try the Chimay 150th anniversary beer. Yummy!
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby inthedrift » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:21 am

JR wrote:If you like Belgian beers do yourself a favor and try the Chimay 150th anniversary beer. Yummy!

good stuff indeed
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby dgdave » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:32 am

What type of beer is the Chimay Anniversary
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 am

Blond with extra spicyness. Smooth multifaceted and extremely good tasting highly recommended.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.