Beer

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Beer

Postby JR » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:11 am

bcr123psu wrote:mmm...

I wasn't super impressed by that. To me it was too one dimensional in taste and the taste was good, but nothing special. I'd rather share it with three than two people like i did.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Mark Ellis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:49 am

JR wrote:

I wasn't super impressed by that. To me it was too one dimensional in taste and the taste was good, but nothing special. I'd rather share it with three than two people like i did.

Then you would have had 4 Philosophers. Sounds like a rules violation to me.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby bcr123psu » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:13 am

JR wrote:

That's a pretty accurate critique. I thought it was good and I certainly enjoyed it (very drinkable), but there are much more num-yummy brews out there.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby JR » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:56 pm

I had three and four philosophers in the same session. Three philosophers is better IIRC. I was in a drinking trip dispersed with DG in Stockholm and we had quite a few under the belt, when we got to the philosophers. So memory is somewhat hazy on the fine details.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:01 pm

disc junkie wrote:
RustyP wrote:So Good :cry:
10% ABV Imperial Stout brewed with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Best pumpkin beer I've ever had, hands down.

Agreed

I have three in my fridge and have drank five of them. Me likey.

I tried to save my pumpkinators. couldn't. I justified it because I still had a few of the first batch they ran as a Divine Reserve
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Snow Day from New Belgium is my beer of the week.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby walker » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Used a groupon to pick up some goose island bourbon county (13%). $26 for a 4 pack. Definitely worth it. An extremely complex beer, imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels. Like a deep, chocolatey stout mixed with a belgian. It was like drinking wine. I had it with dinner, and it still took an hour to sip a 12 oz. Not an every day pour but great for a special occasion.
[color=#600000]
~walker
--------------------------------------------
http://love146.org/
www.dreamsfromgin.com
--------------------------------------------
walker
Noob

Favorite Disc: vibram ridge

Postby Jaysus » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 am

Jaysus wrote:I brewed an ordinary bitter and an IPA for our bag tag league finale tourney in a few weeks. The bitter (a.k.a. Llama Piss) has been a staple at the last few finales... the IPA (a.k.a. Llama Fuel) is a new addition this year: we destroyed the Llama Piss last year, so I figured I would step up to two kegs this year.

I dug a hole and built a blind to hide the kegs, and stashed them in the woods near our picnic area:

The Llama Fuel was a hit.. everyone seemed to love the IPA. Good times.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Marauder » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Tried my first Left Hand Brew. Had the Milk Stout and it was rather tasty! Wish Lowes Food would stock a couple others of theirs.
Marauder
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Volt

Postby rodman20 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:10 am

Lefthand milk stout is one if my all time faves. The beer that really turned me onto craft.
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird/Roc

Postby Dump truck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 pm

If you ever find Left Hand Milk Stout cask conditioned.... Tastes like a chocolate milkshake. Mmmmmmm
omega/rhyno/comet/torque/hornet/valk/pd/nuke/destroyer
Dump truck
Tree Magnet

Postby Marauder » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Next time I'm at the Tap Room I'd like to try the Left Hand Fade To Black. I'll keep a look out. Thanks!
Marauder
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Volt

Postby RustyP » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Good beer weekend:
Harpoon Chocolate Stout
Sam Adams Black & Brew
Sam Adams Imperial Stout
Squatter's "Outer Darkness" Russian Imperial Stout
Deschutes Fresh Hop Mirror Pond Ale
DFH Burton Baton

The Squatters RIS was fantastic! Really roasty and smokey, not very sweet...pretty well hopped for its style too.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby bcr123psu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:14 am

I hear you on the good beer weekend (actually, just Friday):

Saison Dupont
Southern Tier Hop Sun Wheat
Southern Tier Crème Brulee Stout
Stillwater Existant
Stillwater Cellar Door
Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA
Stone Smoked Porter
Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Cabeza
Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon

Needless to say, I was fucking wasted on Friday night...which is a little disappointing because I don't recall how some of these beers tasted. Here's the full list from The Mint in Bethlehem, PA: http://bethlehemmint.com/docs/BeerMenu10.17.pdf
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby Eric O » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:40 am

Hey DGR beer lovers. Long time since I've checked out the forums here. Since the last time I checked in I've had so many crazy good beers that I have forgotten most of them. Hundreds of them were local NW offerings but not all of them. The Westy 12 stands out as far as Belgians go. Best quad ever. I also finally got to try some CBS recently. Best Stout ever? It's possible. Best sour with brett imo is still Supplication with stiff competition from a handful of Cantillon varieties. Best without is still Bourbonic Plague from Cascade. :) My favorite in the IPA category is still probably Hopslam. I tried that Surly Wet the other day and was very impressed though. It won out over a fresh Pliny and Heady Topper in a head to head.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.