othello

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

othello

Postby redspexxx » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:53 pm

not the board game, the play. i got half way thru a 5 page research paper before getting my topic approved wouldn't you know someone else picked the same one. has anyone else read, written a paper on this? i need a compare and contrast paper in a week. i just need topics, ideas. any shakespear buffs on here?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jorr16 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:33 pm

I have read it and I believe I did a paper on it as well. What do you need to compare and contrast? Anything?
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:21 pm

compare llago to donald rumsfeld
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Tempest - http://www.william-shakespeare.info/sha ... empest.htm

King Alonso of Naples and his entourage sail home for Italy after attending his daughter Claribel's wedding in Tunis, Africa. They encounter a violent storm, or Tempest. Everyone jumps overboard and are washed ashore on a strange island inhabited by the magician Prospero who has deliberately conjured up the storm. Prospero is in fact the rightful Duke of Milan who had been put to sea to die with his three-year-old daughter Miranda by his brother, Antonio who was in league with of King Alonso.
Prospero and Miranda live in a cave on the island which is also inhabited by Ariel, a sprite who carries out the bidding of Prospero, and the ugly, half human Caliban. Caliban deeply resents Prospero as he believes that he is the rightful ruler of the island. He plots with some of King Alonso's company to murder Prospero. Miranda and Ferdinand fall deeply in love. Ariel rebukes King Alonso for his previous plotting against Prospero. More plots against Prospero are developed but they fail thanks to his magic. The play ends with all offenders repenting, even Caliban. Prospero regains his dukedom, Ariel calms the Tempest and everyone, except Caliban, leaves the island.
The themes discussed in the Tempest are freedom, friendship , repentance and forgiveness.

I'm sure you could find a world event that could comapre to this. :)
Plus it's a great read! This is one of my favorite Shakespeare Plays.

EDIT: :oops: I thought you were looking for a different play because someone picked Othello, lol my bad.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby redspexxx » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:55 am

compare and contrast 2 things from the story. im still topic hunting so if you have any ideas, all are welcome... believe me, if it didnt have to be on othello, it wouldn't... :wink:
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jorr16 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:43 pm

compare and contrast the characters of Iago and Othello. Iago was manipulative and going behind othello's back. Othello was changed by Iago and was truly not that type of person. I will have to look to see if I have my paper lying around here somewhere...
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.