Movies...

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Movies...

Postby Solty » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:45 am

So after inquriying to Dom what that werd 'ball' licker picture was from...i decided to purchase the Big Lebowski. I had no idea what the movie was about so it was a $10 amazon purchase for the DVD.

$10 dollars well spent. I finally watched the movie last nite...after a nice bottle of wine...and this movie kept my attention the whole time. The comedic yet mysterious approach was great. I'm usually a war movie and dumb comedy fan but this movie...was great. I've seen Fargo and enjoyed that crativity of that movie...so this Coen brothers release was along the same lines. I think the character portrait of Dude(jeff bridges) was a superior fit of acting. The story was interesting and the tie between the difference character groups was obscube yet intrigueing.

Great flick...definitely a good time...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby domromer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:50 am

It's one of my top 5 for sure. Although the first time I saw it I hated it. I think I was 16 or 17, maybe I wasn't advanced enough as a thinker!
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 am

royal tennebaums (doms current avatar) another great one, would have to say better than the big lebowski
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby domromer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:35 am

thats a tough call, there both great, but very different. I couldn't compare them against each other. Although I think I prefer The Life Aquatic over The Tannenbaums. The life Aquatic is so much darker. I dig the moodyness of it. The Tannenbaums was my favorite until the Life aquatic came out.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby redspexxx » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:46 am

that movie inspired countless college students to go to class in bathrobes and drink nothing but white russians... i watched "the departed" last night. i am renewing my vows to never see another leonardo dicaprio movie. it starts great, but saying that the ending leaves much to be desired is a compliment...
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby domromer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:51 am

Last decent movie he did was gangs of New York, before that is was the Basketball diaries. Thats just my opinion, I'm sure many 14 year old girls would strongly disagree.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:57 am

[quote redspexxx]i watched "the departed" last night. i am renewing my vows to never see another leonardo dicaprio movie. it starts great, but saying that the ending leaves much to be desired is a compliment...[/quote]
I thought this was one of his better flicks. But come on "catch me if you can" was great. I do agree with you about the ending. They took the easy way out with that one....
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby domromer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:07 am

I forgot Catch me if you can, your right that was a good one.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:24 am

My dad really liked Aviator as well but I thought it sucked
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby some call me...tim? » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:34 am

Check out "Blood Diamonds"...he does a great job in that. He actually pulls off a convincing South African accent through the whole film. I used to be a Leo hater too, but now I've come to accept that he actually is a really good actor.

And I thought "The Departed" was really damn good...best Scorcese movie since Goodfellas IMO.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby domromer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:01 pm

Tim_the_Enchanter wrote:Check out "Blood Diamonds"...he does a great job in that. He actually pulls off a convincing South African accent through the whole film. I used to be a Leo hater too, but now I've come to accept that he actually is a really good actor.

And I thought "The Departed" was really damn good...best Scorcese movie since Goodfellas IMO.

Wow, I really thought it was his weakest movie in quite a while. I liked Mark Walberg in it. He plays a good asshole.

I thought Jack Nicholson as the bad guy was just silly.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby roadkill » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:08 pm

I've watched Payback about ten times.

That's rare for me to watch any movie that many times but it's my favorite Mel Gibson character. I think it's hilarious how everyone's out to get him and he keeps jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby redspexxx » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:27 pm

domromer wrote:I thought Jack Nicholson as the bad guy was just silly.

i could not stop laughing when he made the "rat" face... omgzzz
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:34 pm

Anyone here like 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'? I read the book 20 years ago so I didn't know how the story would work on film. When I saw it I was floored at how well all the actors did and how closely the movie followed the book. That is one of my top five that almost all my friends can't sit through.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:58 pm

I saw Smokin' Aces the other day. I liked it, a lot of interesting characters in it.

Mr.SmOOOth wrote:Anyone here like 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'? I read the book 20 years ago so I didn't know how the story would work on film. When I saw it I was floored at how well all the actors did and how closely the movie followed the book. That is one of my top five that almost all my friends can't sit through.

MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.