Opera Browser

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Opera Browser

Postby roadkill » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:12 pm

So how many of you internet surfers use Opera?

I had been using explorer versions for the past 8 years. For a while I used firefox but I switched back to IE 7 mainly because I was more familiar with it. Recently IE has been incredibly slow with lots of hitches so I went to FF again.

After reading a report about browsers performance I was swayed to try Opera because it appeared to have the best overall performance and security out of about a dozen browsers tested.

All I can say is wow! While I'm new to it, opera has so many cool features and it is so much faster than IE or FF. I've been perusing all the widgets available for opera- 991 different widgets available at last count.

Anyone have experience with Opera? Like it? Don't like it? Problems?
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Terrence » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:43 pm

I liked Opera for a time, but have since switched to Firefox. Opera and Firefox are both lightyears ahead of Explorer though.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Solty » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:45 pm

i use MINI Opera on my cell phone...its sleek. At home...i'm a FF user except for high end graphically intense pages...then i use IE 6...i do have IE 7 on my laptop and it works nicely...but i dont use the laptop enuff to justify changing everything over.

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby garublador » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:17 pm

I use Opera at home. I like it quite a bit more than IE, but every once in a while you'll run across pages that don't work quite right. Other than that I've found it to be quite a bit faster and all of the features seem to work better.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby the_lung » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:51 pm

I've been using Opera for about 8-9 years now. I've actually registered and paid for it several times over the years. It has always been the fastest browser and had the idea for multiple windows within one browser instance long before anyone. Years ago, when you opened up several IE or Netscape browsers, it was a memory HOG on older computers and slowed things down to a standstill. Opera avoided all that.

Fancy websites that use a lot of plugins usually don't work on Opera. But it can't be beat for simple web surfing such as message boards, mainstream news & weather sites, etc.
the_lung
Noob

Postby domromer » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:59 pm

Opera is cool. I've been using safari but a lot of stuff doesn't work well on safari. Opera seems nice so far. I like how I keep a pandora widget playing all day.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.