lent

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:25 am

I just dipped my finger in the ash tray in the car and made my own cross; now I fit in...
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby krusen » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:46 pm

I saw a guy last week at work walking around with a cross on his forehead. Being a Lutheran I had never seen this before. My GF is catholic so I asked her if you're supposed to leave it on your head, and she said you can do whatever you want. Seemed to me like someone wearing the "I Voted" or "I gave blood" sticker for a whole week or someone walking around with a bluetooth headset on their ear when they're not talking on the phone.

back on topic....No, I haven't given anything up for lent, but I considered giving up chewing, but more for my own health than for a sacrifice. But no go. I need a little nicotene when I'm shooting on my 8-ball league to calm my nerves.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby PRES 10 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:15 pm

I am "non practicing" catholic, i go to church every other week or so and on christmas and easter. i do feel that it is kindof silly with the whole ashes and everything, but that just what i was taught. You are suppost to leave the ashes on all day as a symbol of your devotion, but most people wash it off after mass.

I gave up all sweets and liquor, I was going to give up my chew and beer but that was too difficult id probably drink more liquor and start smoking.
Ion|Vector|Leopard|Firebird|Valkyrie|Katana
Soon the MVP Axis!
PRES 10
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ION

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.