Postby kern9787 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 am

Frank Delicious wrote:Is beer a drug?

Alcohol is.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Amendment 64 Initiative 502

Postby keltik » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Beer saved civilization, or so I'm told, something about boiling water killing bacteria.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Beer: it kills people and stuff
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Ryen91 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Alcohol in general is a lot more dangerous then marijuana. For example, you can get so drunk that you pass out behind the wheel but you can never get high enough to pass out. You can get drunk enough and lose all your senses, when you high you never lose any of your senses. Marijuana's ingredient Delta 9 THC has been proven to fight and prevent certain types of cancer, fight against glaucoma, Stimulant brain cells, not kill them,(see video on first post for proof it is in the very beginning), and help with insomnia. This plant is really beneficial to society and should be legalized all the way.
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Ryen91 wrote:Alcohol in general is a lot more dangerous then marijuana. For example, you can get so drunk that you pass out behind the wheel but you can never get high enough to pass out. You can get drunk enough and lose all your senses, when you high you never lose any of your senses. Marijuana's ingredient Delta 9 THC has been proven to fight and prevent certain types of cancer, fight against glaucoma, Stimulant brain cells, not kill them,(see video on first post for proof it is in the very beginning), and help with insomnia. This plant is really beneficial to society and should be legalized all the way.

you're so dumb. cannabis is not a pie. it doesn't contain ingredients. marijuana helps you sleep but people don't pass out from marijuana? you never lose your senses when high? i guess the "stoner moment" of forgetting what you were just saying or doing is all propaganda. what is dangerous is substance abuse. the danger argument of weed vs alcohol is silly. both substances are dangerous when abused.

i guess marijuana is just like aspirin and only relieves symptoms. it doesn't have any affects that cause people to use it as a recreational substance. thc is just one of 85 cannabinoids in marijuana. if you say thc is responsible for everything you claim it relieves than it can be isolated. rendering no need for the rest of the plant and its other "ingredients"

i'm blaming dumb arguments like yours for holding legalization back. be a good little researcher and go back to your shitty netflix, vice, and youtube weed documentaries so you can parrot their dumb arguments some more.you're the pond rat that doesn't return discs of marijuana legislation. you're worse than joe rogan and he's horrible. i'm pro legalization and can't stand these stupid arguments.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby iacas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Ryen91 wrote:Alcohol in general is a lot more dangerous then marijuana. For example, you can get so drunk that you pass out behind the wheel but you can never get high enough to pass out. You can get drunk enough and lose all your senses, when you high you never lose any of your senses. Marijuana's ingredient Delta 9 THC has been proven to fight and prevent certain types of cancer, fight against glaucoma, Stimulant brain cells, not kill them,(see video on first post for proof it is in the very beginning), and help with insomnia. This plant is really beneficial to society and should be legalized all the way.

I would agree that HEMP is a pretty nice ("beneficial") product. THC, not so much, no.

THC interferes with the normal function of the brain, including the cerebellum - responsible for balance, posture, and coordination - and the hippocampus - involved with memory formation (memory is impaired in the intoxicated state). It also affects the cerebral cortex - responsible for sensory perception, which can cause altered sensory experiences in touch, sight, hearing, taste, and smell, distorted perception, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning. Studies have also found a correlation between heavy marijuana use and a display of schizophrenic symptoms. One study in Sweden of 50,000 18-year olds found that the risk of a diagnosis of schizophrenia over the next 15 years was 2.4 times greater and that individuals who had used marijuana more than 50 times had a risk six times greater than non-users.

Sounds great.
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby cubeofsoup » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm

jsun3thousand wrote:i guess marijuana is just like aspirin and only relieves symptoms.

I'm just going to be that guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin#Adverse_effects
my point: even aspirin can fuck you up.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:53 pm

aspirin is horrible on your liver along with other negative effects. that was not the point i was making. people use aspirin to alleviate symptoms. yes aspirin is used to potentiate the affects of opiates but its not used by itself for recreation.

i'll beat Ryen91 to the dumb canned argument that nobody has directly died from a marijuana overdose and (X) number die from aspirin every year. thus making aspirin more dangerous than marijuana, which is a dumb, dumb argument.

again, i'm fine with people using marijuana recreationally or for medicine. i'm all for legalization and regulation. i'm against stupid arguments.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Postby keltik » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:25 pm

I thought I read somewhere that regular aspirin use prevents some cancers as well as heart disease.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm

if you look at the OTC aspirin for daily use, it's a smaller dosage than the regular suggested dosage for general pain. aspirin thins your blood and makes it harder to clot. daily aspirin use lowers the risk of blood clotting around fatty deposits in your heart and stopping blood to your heart causing a heart attack.

aspirin relieves pain by thinning your blood allowing it to get through swollen blood vessels easier and lessening the pressure on pain nerves. aspirin does not cross the blood-brain barrier and bond to receptors in the brain like opiate and synthetic opiate based drugs do that stop you from feeling pain and causing euphoria. analgesic painkillers- vicodin, loratab, norcos,etc- work by combining the pain reducing effects of both opiates and aspirin like drugs. analgesic painkillers are prescribed for acute pain because it lowers the possibility of opiate addiction by having less opiates in your system, lessening the addictive euphoria, and providing more pain relief.
jsun3thousand

Postby Parks » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm

iacas wrote:Studies have also found a correlation between heavy marijuana use and a display of schizophrenic symptoms. One study in Sweden of 50,000 18-year olds found that the risk of a diagnosis of schizophrenia over the next 15 years was 2.4 times greater and that individuals who had used marijuana more than 50 times had a risk six times greater than non-users.

Its worth noting that this is a problem with schizophrenia itself rather than marijuana.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:15 am

i feel comfortable stating that anybody defined as a heavy ________ user will shows signs of schizophrenia. i would like to see how the study was conducted.
there is also the problems of self medicating and comorbodity that needs to be address. at least in sweden, a schizophrenic doesn't have access to weapons designed only to kill people and does have access to proper medical treatment.
jsun3thousand

Postby Ryen91 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:51 am

Studies themselves can be misleading. The Ronald Reagan study with monkeys and marijuana was very misleading. They gave every monkey 30 joints of marijuana through a gas mask at one time. This took over 5 minutes well when you cut oxygen off for more than about 4 minutes brain cells start to die because your suffocating that individual. Now wonder some monkeys died, they were suffocating them, and quite frankly who can smoke 30 joints in a little over 5 minutes.
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Postby iacas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 am

Ryen91 wrote:Studies themselves can be misleading. The Ronald Reagan study with monkeys and marijuana was very misleading. They gave every monkey 30 joints of marijuana through a gas mask at one time. This took over 5 minutes well when you cut oxygen off for more than about 4 minutes brain cells start to die because your suffocating that individual. Now wonder some monkeys died, they were suffocating them, and quite frankly who can smoke 30 joints in a little over 5 minutes.

I didn't cite that study. The studies that have been conducted reasonably do not favor THC. It's very simple.

Truth be told I haven't done the studies (of my own) to see whether I support legalization, but I know the studies about THC/marijuana itself and there's no way at all you can say pot is "way better than alcohol" or whatever kind of blather you want to try to spin. It doesn't help your case that someone can enjoy a glass of wine at a dinner party without giving those near him a contact high. :)
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.