Amendment 64 Initiative 502

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Amendment 64 Initiative 502

Postby JR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Somewhat off topic. Too bad the weather in my country doesn't allow good use of solar power plants. There is a European Union research solar power station in Spain that can be seen from 25 miles away thanks to the light in the tower that collects the energy from the whatever you call them solar collectors, reflectors, mirrors i don't know what. I have not gotten that acquainted with that technology. I can't recall the power off the top of my head but it think it was enough to cater to the needs of 20000 homes. The output of that German plant seems high. I'd like to know more.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

I'd still rather have nuclear plants. Think about this: the average US Navy aircraft carrier is staffed by 6000+ Seamen while at sea. They are 2 (two) nuclear reactors powering each carrier. They have had zero problems with the reactors and zero incidents of radiation poisoning of ship personnel.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Ehh. There are almost 100 accidents at nuclear plants on the civilian side annually and at least Russians have lost nuclear subs at sea. They are very hush hush about a sub that sunk off central Norway in the 1980s that is rumoured to have carried at least nuclear tipped torpedoes of not having a reactor. I don't recall if the sub was nuclear powered. If that shit goes off the prevailing currents carry the radiation to Norway and large parts of Sweden and possibly Finland would become uninhabitable. Way to go nuclear power. Militaries don't speak of this so maybe some sort of concrete dome has been dumped on the sub and maybe divers have removed the weapons but it is pretty poor leadership if you ask me to keep the people guessing am i gonna wake up to having died of a deadly dose of radiation on the level of three countries being hit large scale.

They sure radiated crews of non lost subs in the SU. Life was cheap in the Soviet Union and the Russians don't hide it that their cold war subs were death traps for the crew being radiated so badly. Then there's the small matter of broken nuclear power plants in Ukraine, the US and Japan radiating large areas. Harrisburg? The Ukrainian plant at Chernobyl poisoned also Belarus, some of Russia, Finland, Sweden and Norway. Thank you very much. Half of Japan eats radiation for the third time in large amounts thanks to Fuck U shima.

How about lost nuclear weapons? Yup the US had so many airborne nukes in the cold war that it is no wonder that the US is pretty high on the list of lost nukes. Don't recall the stats. 2-3 lost US bombs at least? At least the US got something right. There was an experimental aircraft powered by a nuclear reactor. Good idea experimental aircraft never fall. And a lot of service aircraft patrolling airborne as a nuclear war deterrent threatening a counter strike sounds like a perfect way to log air hours for nuclear reactors in planes. Since regular planes fell too somebody had the bright idea to pull the plug on that program at least. Are you sleeping well now with the "safe" nuclear power?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:26 pm

JR's special power is crazy posts that result in derails.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Ryen91 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Since we are going on a power controlling tangent, Solar is the way to go. It can power anything and everything if used correctly from cars to even airplanes, and everything in between. I don't have the discipline to write a 4 paragraph post but I do Commend JR and Thousand for doing so As I read every word of every one. The truth We as the entire world have to get off fossil fuels and start really taking other ways to power the world into real consideration, If I was president Obama, I would go to Germany and tell them, Hey guys I want you to build One in the U.S., It would Cost a lot of money, but we would end up saving money in the end I believe. A person was On a news and he built a solar panel to on his roof to power everything from lighting to air conditioning, IN result He does Not have an electric bill, just cable and water I would assume.

If the country turned to solar there is no limit to what we could accomplish, and it would be so much better on the atmosphere eventually giving it time to heal from the destruction we've done to it over the past 1500 years
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:32 am

keltik wrote:I'd still rather have nuclear plants. Think about this: the average US Navy aircraft carrier is staffed by 6000+ Seamen while at sea. They are 2 (two) nuclear reactors powering each carrier. They have had zero problems with the reactors and zero incidents of radiation poisoning of ship personnel.

This is a dumb rationalization...please be trolling
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby keltik » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:30 am

what's dumb about it?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:32 am

The whole thing. After what happened in Japan saying nuclear power is great because sailors don't get radiation poisoning is just plain idiotic. What happens when one of those ships is destroyed?
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 pm

mothra
Frank Delicious

Postby keltik » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 pm

If you put a nuclear power plant next to the coast and on a fault line you are asking for trouble. In Japan they don't really have a lot of options since the middle of the main island is a volcanic mountain range. Maybe they should have opted for geothermal in the first place. Now they have wave farms that generate electrical energy from the tides what better place than an island nation to use that.

plus banning nuke power prevents innovation in controls and safety and fuel reprocessing. you hippies want to talk about clean air and everything but you want to ban nuke power. France uses nuclear power for 78% of their power generation and they also have the cleanest air quality in Europe. A nuclear reactor just boils water into high pressure steam. Engineers and scientists need to be afforded the opportunity to work on these things.

keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Ryen91 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 pm

I never said nuclear power was clean, It is alot cleaner the fossil fuels that is mostly used today. Solar Power is the Cleanest, Although if we could get cars running on nucelear power it would be awesome, except for the fact when there is an accident would cause an explosion that would be a half mile diamater and give out radiation that could get people to die from radiation poisoning. Nuclear power has its place but solar power is free, why pay scientiest millons of dollars to figure out something which we could get for FREE. WE should be paying scientiest to make solar panels that that will power the entire United States.
Last edited by Ryen91 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm

yes, why scienties millons of dollars to figure out something which we could ge for FREE indeed?
Frank Delicious

Postby keltik » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:What happens when one of those ships is destroyed?

don't know, hasn't happened.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby bcr123psu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Ryen91 wrote:I never said nuclear power was clean, It is alot cleaner the fossil fuels that is mostly used today. Solar Power is the Cleanest, Although if we could get cars running on nucelear power it would be awesome, except for the fact when there is an accident would cause an explosion that would be a half mile diamater and give out radiation that could get people to die from radiation poisoning. Nuclear power has its place but solar power is free, why scientiest millons of dollars to figure out something which we could get for FREE. WE should be paying scientiest to make solar panels that that will power the entire United States.

So if I'm hearing you correctly, because solar power is free, then legal pot should be legal and nuclear power the scientiest millions. Is that right?
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:23 pm

keltik wrote:If you put a nuclear power plant next to the coast and on a fault line you are asking for trouble. In Japan they don't really have a lot of options since the middle of the main island is a volcanic mountain range. Maybe they should have opted for geothermal in the first place. Now they have wave farms that generate electrical energy from the tides what better place than an island nation to use that.

plus banning nuke power prevents innovation in controls and safety and fuel reprocessing. you hippies want to talk about clean air and everything but you want to ban nuke power. France uses nuclear power for 78% of their power generation and they also have the cleanest air quality in Europe. A nuclear reactor just boils water into high pressure steam. Engineers and scientists need to be afforded the opportunity to work on these things.

Chernobyl had nothing to do with earthquakes and that didn't work out all that well, same thing nearly happened at 3 mile island. Then there is the problem of what to do with the waste and old rods once they're spent which scientists and engineers still don't seem to have a good long term answer for. If you wanna build all the nuke plants in your state and pipe the power out of dumbfuckistan over to here, go for it. I'd prefer that those research dollars be put to finding a less volatile solution to the problem though.
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.