!@#$!@#$$%$%^$%^&

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby jmammo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Glock23 wrote:Sweet, I will have to see it.

Ya I saw the previews for it when I went to see 300. Looks pretty funny
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby swel304 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:50 pm

300 looks so sweet. I want to try to get out to see it this weekend.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby jmammo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:28 pm

swel304 wrote:300 looks so sweet. I want to try to get out to see it this weekend.

Disclaimer: some parts of 300 are given away if you have not seen please do not read unless you want to, actually I dont care if you do or not!

Not much of a plot, he goes to battle and his wife is left there to be queen in a world of men. But hot damn there is some kick ass battle scenes.
Not really much in the area of nudity but there is some implied sex scenes and a few nipple shots but other than that pretty much ok for kids about 13ish.
I think they swear like three times: hell and damn is all they use (I think thats all I caught) so kids are ok in that area to.
The only problem I can see is if someone doesn't like all of that blood and there is quite a bit.

I would rate it a C maybe a C+ on plot. I mean come on there isnt much there.
The battles are pretty much what hold the movie together an A there.
There is some really nice camera shots and stuff so I would say a solid A there too.
All-in-all not that bad of a movie I dont think I am going to buy it but i might just get it from a torrent site.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby roadkill » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:47 pm

jmammo wrote:
swel304 wrote:300 looks so sweet. I want to try to get out to see it this weekend.

Disclaimer: some parts of 300 are given away if you have not seen please do not read unless you want to, actually I dont care if you do or not!

Not much of a plot, he goes to battle and his wife is left there to be queen in a world of men. But hot damn there is some kick ass battle scenes.
Not really much in the area of nudity but there is some implied sex scenes and a few nipple shots but other than that pretty much ok for kids about 13ish.
I think they swear like three times: hell and damn is all they use (I think thats all I caught) so kids are ok in that area to.
The only problem I can see is if someone doesn't like all of that blood and there is quite a bit.

I would rate it a C maybe a C+ on plot. I mean come on there isnt much there.
The battles are pretty much what hold the movie together an A there.
There is some really nice camera shots and stuff so I would say a solid A there too.
All-in-all not that bad of a movie I dont think I am going to buy it but i might just get it from a torrent site.

I wouldn't take a 13 yr old to see it.

Sure the language is rather tame by today's standards but c'mon the gory battle scene violence?

I mean there were about 65 beheadings and 700 impalements. Not to mention the genetic freak show. I think exposing that volume of graphic violence to minors really has a detrimental effect as they become adults. So I can just see some of today's youth later witnessing a gang beating or gang rape as an adult and doing nothing cause they've become hardened and insensitive over years of violence depicted in films like this.

I did think it was a decent movie, just not for kids.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby swel304 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:06 pm

If I remember correctly jmammo is a minor :o so what does he know anyway :P :lol:

crime, racism, societys waste, and now the downfall of the next generation...... my thread kicks a$$!! errr butt,,, sorry blake :P
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby roadkill » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:43 pm

To cite a recent event to demonstrate my point of onlookers being insensitive to violence:

How about the female bartender getting the piz beat out of her by the off-duty cop. There were other people in the bar just watching and doing almost nothing. I know one guy started to make a phone call but only after he watched the guy take about a dozen swings at her.
Honestly you think the bystanders would've been so apathetic 30 yrs ago? I doubt it. Somehow I think there is a connection between this apathy and what we view as entertainment.

[thread drift/off]
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jmammo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:06 am

swel304 wrote:If I remember correctly jmammo is a minor :o so what does he know anyway :P :lol:

yup i am only 16, well not even

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby redspexxx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

roadkill wrote: I mean there were about 65 beheadings and 700 impalements. Not to mention the genetic freak show. I think exposing that volume of graphic violence to minors really has a detrimental effect as they become adults.

that sounds like a single night of halo 2 for my younger brother[14]. personally, i dont think it messes kids up too much jest seeing stuff like that, as long as there is someone there to help them clarify that its just a movie, that stuff should not happen in real life. the problems come from when the lines of fantasy and reality cross, and as long as there is someone mature there to explain the situation to them, i think they'll be ok. how many frags do you think charles manson or ted bundy or john wayne gayce had on UT or CS?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby bigs348 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Yeah, I don't want to necessarily say that violence doesn't effect people. I think it desensitizes, yes, but I don't think it makes people more violent or anything.

The first rated R movie I saw in the theatre was Terminator 2. Came out in 1991, I was 8 years old. I don't think my parents were wrong to take me, and I know I haven't turned out all kinds of worse because I've been watching that crap since I was 8. I guess it depends on the person, too -- some people can be really effected by stuff like that, like when they were blaming Marilyn Mason for twisting the minds of the Columbine shooters.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jmammo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:30 pm

bigs348 wrote:like when they were blaming Marilyn Mason for twisting the minds of the Columbine shooters.

I watched some thing on youtube recently where he had this big long speech about that, he actually sounds kind of educated.
As far as violence goes I dont think it really messes with people, unless you are already mentally unstable. Like when I was a kid I hated ny closet cuz it was dark and stuff then I saw Jeepers Creepers (ok nothing to do with the closet) and it scared my crapless. I was already scared and that just mad it worse.
I am saying you already have to be somewhat violent or whatever in order to have that stuff have an effect on you.
That is just my opinion, and since I am not a psychologist I dont think I really know what I am talking about.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby roadkill » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:58 pm

bigs348 wrote:Yeah, I don't want to necessarily say that violence doesn't effect people. I think it desensitizes, yes, but I don't think it makes people more violent or anything.

This was my point. We become desensitized over time. A minute few unstable people may act out physical violence but the more common problem is we develop an apathy about violent behavior. That's why in my prior post I brought up the female bartender getting the crap beaten out of her right in front of the other patrons and no one did anything to defend her they just watched like it was some kind of show.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jmammo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:11 am

roadkill wrote:That's why in my prior post I brought up the female bartender getting the crap beaten out of her right in front of the other patrons and no one did anything to defend her they just watched like it was some kind of show.

True, now I am not trying to defend that guy because personally I would like to kick his ass, but in the defense of the guys watching they where probably all totally wasted. But you are right they should have done something. Like called the police, which one of the guys I guess tried to do (I dont know if it was the police or not). But that guy was a cop so if he called into the police station totally wasted I dont think they would believe him.
My .02

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.