2007 Masters at Augusta

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

2007 Masters at Augusta

Postby roadkill » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:35 pm

Okay, we're about halfway through what many would consider the Super Bowl of golf. Any of you guys follow golf or give a rat's hindquarters who wins? Predictions?

I think this Wetterwich (sp?) guy is pretty good he has about as good a chance as any of the non-marquee names.

Then there's Vijay Singh who at even par is very much poised to contend. Tiger could make a run but at 4 over he's got his work cut out for him he can't afford to shoot any more rounds over par.

I'm pulling for Wetterwich. He was impressive last week at Doral and didn't collapse the way most do when playing with Tiger on Sunday.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby ferretdance03 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:40 pm

I didn't catch any action, but you can never count Tiger out. But you're right, at +3 it's gonna be some work. I'd personally love to see the Walrus move up, but he's tied with Tiger right now...
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby roadkill » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:48 pm

The course played insanely tough today. Retief Goosen carded the only score under par. Wetterich fell apart shooting an 83 in the final pairing going from two down to nine over par. The greens were super fast today. I've never seen so many blow bys and missed 3 footers.

Tiger is one off the lead at 3 over and will be in the final pairing with Stuart Appleby. There are so many people within striking distance. I think anyone 6 over or better has a chance to contend tommorrow. So that's includes around 12-15 players. Phil, Vijay, Jim Furyk and many others are still in the hunt. It should make for a suspenseful conclusion.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Timko » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:16 am

God, watching that round Saturday was amazing. I know people say that this is the Masters, not the US Open, but god, it's fun to watch people hit balls into the water, into the trees, over greens, have nasty chip shots, miss 3 ft putts, etc.

Sunday is going to be a riot.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby garublador » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:04 am

First BG Ams, and now The Masters at Augusta. Iowa represent!
garublador
Disc Whore

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.