take a wii?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

take a wii?

Postby swel304 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:29 pm

Anyone got a wii? I was planning to get one when I got my taxes back. So my taxes hit my account today and no Wii to be found (easter weekend or maybe just nintendo marketing ploy). Im suprised they are still so hard to find. I will probobly get one either way because I am a hardcore zelda/nintendo fan but does anyone have an opinion? I know they havent come out with much other than gamecube port type stuff yet, but Ive always been a nintendo fan. I know alot of people will say xbox360 or ps3 has more "adult" titles but I am a big fan of nintendo titles (zelda, metroid, ect...) but the wii looks pretty cool. Id have to say the new controller looks to be about the most innovative thing in video games since the first nintendo. It just looks like alot of fun to play. they really need a disc golf game now to take advantage of that control :wink: :lol:
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Donkeypuncher » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:54 pm

You might want to wait a little bit for the shipment of new colors to hit the streets. I still can't find one anywhere, but stores seem to get shipments in all the time even though they sell out immediately. Target sometimes has a few extra, but your best bet is to hit up ebay if you want one now. You can call around to local stores to save yourself the trouble of driving all over town, but it's still a long shot.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby swel304 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:58 am

Im not concerned about the color of the box :lol: As far as I can tell stores can get a few in every morning. You just have to be lucky enough to pick the rigt store and be there when they open. I saw an article that toys r us will have them sunday morning but Im guessing since its going to be a big promo stunt people will be lined up all night :roll: I want one but I dont know if I want it that bad. And I definitly wont pay an extra 200$+ to ebay one.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:35 am

a couple of buddies of mine have Wiis. Honestly its only really great for if you have a few ppl over pretty often. THe solo aspect of the wii sucks other than Zelda.
The multiplayer is where it really shines.
I was going to get one, but I couldnt see myself playing any of the games that we messed around with solo.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Donkeypuncher » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:30 pm

You might want to check all of the online sites for target, walmart, and circuit city. I know a few guys that scooped one up that way.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.