Home Bar/Drinking Room

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Home Bar/Drinking Room

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:27 am

Wasn't sure if this went on one of the beer or beer making threads, but I've been toying around with making my 3rd bedroom into a home bar. I went to an Irish pub last week and found that I am very comfortable in bars, so why not take a room that is basically used for a storage room right now and make it into a bar.

I don't think it will be that hard either. Paint the walls a nice dark color (maybe black). The room has a hall with a bathroom, so it has a bathroom seperate from the house. Put up neon signs and bar paraphernalia; this stuff is all purchased. If I can get a friend to help me, I will make about a 6 foot long bar and buy some bar stools to go with it. If not, I'll just buy a bar somewhere.

It's only a matter of time before I start kegging my own brew ( already have a dedicated refridgerator).

The only other thing would be to move a love seat that I have stored in my 2nd bedroom in there to give it a bar/lounge feel. And maybe pick up a tv somewhere. I thought about a pool table, but I don't want the room to be cluttered. I can move my dart board in there from the kitchen. I would like to have some kind of exhaust that would suck out smoke (like what some people put in the bathroom), but I don't know how to do that.

Anyone else have something similar?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby krusen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Did Moe's bar get closed down again? Hehe.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Re: Home Bar/Drinking Room

Postby Eric O » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:27 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote: I would like to have some kind of exhaust that would suck out smoke (like what some people put in the bathroom), but I don't know how to do that.
Is there a bathroom in the general vicinity and attic access?

If so you can go into the attic and make sure you have room/access to add a vent where you want. Measure out everything and buy supplies, then cut a hole where you want the new exhaust vent, run ducting up into your existing exhaust line, and hook up a fan. There are some obvious details to overcome like wiring the fan, getting the ducting installed correctly and making the job look clean from inside the room, but it's not overly complicated.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Home Bar/Drinking Room

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:35 pm

There is. In fact the entrance to the attic is in that room. I may give it a try actually. Also, the previous owner had a wall ac unit in that room even though it has central air.

Which means that I can turn on the wall unit and keep that room a little cooler, keeping the central air a little higher in the rest of the house.

What I want is a room where I feel like I'm getting away. I'm even thinking of having a "no cell phones allowed" sign made. A room where you want to go hang out.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.