iPod shuffle 2nd generation

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

iPod shuffle 2nd generation

Postby dgdave » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:25 pm

does anyone have one of these and what do ya think. I just won a iPod video. how kick ass is that? I took it to the course with me and it was nice because I played alone and having some music was good. I don't like stuff in my pockets when I play so I was thinking of picking up one of the shuffles. is it easy to navigate with no screen?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby jamsisjams » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:44 pm

I was able to play around with one briefly and it was fairly easy to use once the music was on it. I didn't participate in the music selection, though, so I can only speculate how the process works.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MacCruzer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:45 pm

no negatives whatso ever.... except when i have a hip-hop mix on there when i'm feelin reggae or something.. i have a 1 gb DG mix with some zen golf in the begining and whenever i start slump'n i'll reset to the begining and listen to the Dr. for a while. They got some killer battery life, and nice design alround. . . .
"Each One Teach One"
www.divebum.com
MacCruzer
Noob

Postby calvarycoffee » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:59 pm

i love mine. use it for jogging and in the weight room.

i just learned how to download songs and podcasts at work (fast internet) and use my shuffle as a disk drive and upload them to my home computer (dial-up).

the only complaint is that one of my earphones loses power during the end of my jog. It's either from sweat getting into it, or from the pulling of the cord to one side while jogging.

i'd like to figure out if i can put DVD audio on it. Then i could watch movies with out waking my wife or the neighbors. hehe
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Rooster » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:08 pm

you can put dvd audio on it you just have to rip the audio files from the dvd into mp3 form and then load em up. theres a free program out there for it i think it might be on download.com. not sure though.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby chris86wm » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:30 pm

The ipod products are decent, but my advice would be to look around before you go out and buy one. You can find alternative brands for a fraction of the price, especially if you are looking for something like a shuffle.

-former Ipod video owner
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby Jimmy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:52 pm

The ipod shuffle is only like $70 for 1gb, not bad. I have a 1st gen. shuffle. I find it easy without the screen. But, even on my larger ipod (I also have an 80gb video) I stil tend to just shuffle through all my songs or a long playlist. With the ipod shuffle, you can either listen from start to finish (you can start over and move from one song to the next) or shuffle the songs you have on it randomly. Mine (1gb) holds 200-250 songs. The newer ipod shuffle, 2nd gen, is the same as far as functionality. I don't own one, but friends do. The clip is nice and quite strong. I'd think it would stay on a shirt whilst (I feel so British) throwing. The earbuds that come with it are shorter than those that come with a full size ipod. I've also been told that the sound quality is not as good on the 2nd gen shuffle as on other ipods and the 1st gen shuffle. I haven't listened to it enough to be sure.

Fritz wrote:Play with Jimmy, he is cool as hell!

Aviars / Rocs / Whippets / Gators / Leopards / TLs / Teebirds / Eagle-X's / Firebirds

My Trade/Sale list:
Jimmy's Trade/Sale List
Jimmy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Discoman » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:29 am

Has anyone had this problem, When I go for shuffle on my Video iPod it does not seem Random at all, I hear the same bands and songs in very disproportionate amounts. There are some bands I have never heard on shuffle and some i hear every time, seems the same when I randomly load my shuffle?! Bueller?
Pred Solf Gazelle Roc Wizard and a Whitler
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby dgdave » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:41 am

I noticed that too. I think mine was due to having a lot of a couple of bands and not many others yet.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby garublador » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:59 am

Discoman wrote:Has anyone had this problem, When I go for shuffle on my Video iPod it does not seem Random at all, I hear the same bands and songs in very disproportionate amounts. There are some bands I have never heard on shuffle and some i hear every time, seems the same when I randomly load my shuffle?! Bueller?

IIRC, there's an option to adjust that, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Check some of the menus in iTunes.

What you're probably experiencing is the nature of random events. If it picked songs perfectly evenly from the albums you have on there, it wouldn't be random. You'd be able to predict what would come next based on what just played (the band that just played would have a lower chance of being chosen for the next song). Random events appear to happen in groups of indeterminate size, they don't spread themselves out evenly.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby calvarycoffee » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 am

i use the song rating to influence the shuffle sequence. it is suppose to play higher rated songs more. I'm not sure if that carries over to the ipod or not. but that works in itunes.
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.