The King vs Ronald

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby MacCruzer » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:58 am

thank you garublador,
no offence but they all suck and will kill you quick! support your body and your local ecconomy by finding some cronic sandwich joint and taste what real food is. rant off. i just dispise corperate "fast food holes". they are a discrace to FOOD in my eyes.
"Each One Teach One"
www.divebum.com
MacCruzer
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:31 am

MacCruzer wrote:thank you garublador,
no offence but they all suck and will kill you quick! support your body and your local ecconomy by finding some cronic sandwich joint and taste what real food is. rant off. i just dispise corperate "fast food holes". they are a discrace to FOOD in my eyes.

I wasn't going to get into that, BUT since someone brought it up: I know 2 people that have gotten food poisoning from eating at the locak Jack in the Crack.

I guess that sign that says "employees must wash hands" is just a suggestion.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 am

MacCruzer wrote:thank you garublador,

To be fair, the "all you can eat wings" deal at a local bar made me feel the same way as the BK. I'll also mention that the BK, albeit digestionally destructive, was delicious. Mickey D's has better breakfast, though and I seem to be able to tolerate that. They have good coffee, too.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Fritz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:23 am

lol, funny thing about this thread I just started it cause I love my avatar of the king blowing a hole into ronalds head and ketchup splattering the window lol.

Agreed on the fast food sucks.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:27 am

Fritz wrote:lol, funny thing about this thread I just started it cause I love my avatar of the king blowing a hole into ronalds head and ketchup splattering the window lol.

Agreed on the fast food sucks.

yeah sometimes it's good to just B.S. Every since I read this thread, I want me a Big Mac and a whopper.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby roadkill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Fritz wrote:Agreed on the fast food sucks.

It depends on what choices you make once you get there.

As I alluded to you can make healthy choices at several fast food chains. If you order a burger, fries and a soda you are eating crap no matter what restaurant you're in. On the other hand if you choose fresh fruit, a gourmet salad or a healthy sandwich it can be as good as making at home.

My favorite fast food "wise" choices

Arby's
- Martha's Vineyard Salad
- Chicken Salad Sandwich (or wrap)
- Any of the Market Fresh Sandwiches

Wendy's
- Any of the Frescata Sandwiches
- Mandarin Salad
- Taco Salad
- Baked Potato w/ chili

McDonald's
- Fruit and Walnut Salad

Burger King has the best burgers since they are flame broiled but has the worst menu if you're trying to eat healthy. I have yet in the past 30 plus years found anything healthy at BK that wasn't total crap. The Angus burger was the best fast food burger ever offered among the traditional chains but when you ordered it you knew your arteries didn't appreciate it.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby chris86wm » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:02 pm

OR, as an opposing side to roadkill's post.........

You can get the "ghetto Big Mac" for $0.99
Order the dbl cheeseburger off the dollar menu and ask them to dress it like a big mac or you can just tell them to add big mac sauce. They do this without charging you. Its like a Big Mac without the middle bun but for half the price!

Just make sure to get out of the house and play a few rounds to work off the calories :lol:
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby MacCruzer » Wed May 02, 2007 11:13 am

Agreed. It seems like the FF chains are trying to address the "our food is gonna kill you" image that they are FINALLY starting to get, by releasing these "good for you" items to there menu. (witch are offten not much better for us)
Even if they are serving a couple of "DO-able-ish" for your heart items, I still have a big problem with the corparations themself's and an almost hatred toward them for the "this food is acceptable" thought that most of our country has came to have. I'm not placing the blame for our countrys obesity problems on MD or BK it's just they have had such a huge impact on our comuitys that there menus have become some peoples entire diet, and THAT just make me mad.
"Each One Teach One"
www.divebum.com
MacCruzer
Noob

Postby roadkill » Wed May 02, 2007 9:53 pm

MacCruzer wrote: Even if they are serving a couple of "DO-able-ish" for your heart items, I still have a big problem with the corparations themself's and an almost hatred toward them for the "this food is acceptable" thought that most of our country has came to have. I'm not placing the blame for our countrys obesity problems on MD or BK it's just they have had such a huge impact on our comuitys that there menus have become some peoples entire diet, and THAT just make me mad.

I fail to see how we can legitimately blame the chains for American's eating habits.

Fast food chains do serve a purpose. I believe it's convenient for those of us that travel and are short on time and need to pick up a quick meal on the run. So while I may pick up a coffee and fresh fruit snack three times a week at McD's I really don't eat a meal at a chain more than once a week on average. Eating the majority of your meals at fast food chains makes no more sense than doing all your grocery shopping at convenience stores. The consumer is solely responsible for his or her buying (or eating) habits. The recent switch away from trans fats and the addition of healthy menu items are steps in the right direction. If a person chooses to "supersize me" ten times a week that's his freedom to clog his own arteries and there is no liability on the institution. Many chains even provide detailed nutritional info on their entire menu upon request so there's no deception going on.

Fast food chains like McDonalds employ millions of students and senior citizens, donate hundreds of thousands of dollars towards charities, provide scholarships and tuition assistance for many of their student team members as well as other perks. All of this has a significant positive effect on our economy.

Harbor hatred towards these companies if like but I believe there are many things in this world that justify our disdain more than fast food chains.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jamsisjams » Thu May 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Many chains even provide detailed nutritional info on their entire menu upon request so there's no deception going on.

From my personal experience, these informational items are usually hidden behind advertisements and other promotions.

Then again, I usually visit these establishments via drive-thru so my perspective may be warped.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu May 03, 2007 2:19 pm

roadkill wrote:
MacCruzer wrote: Even if they are serving a couple of "DO-able-ish" for your heart items, I still have a big problem with the corparations themself's and an almost hatred toward them for the "this food is acceptable" thought that most of our country has came to have. I'm not placing the blame for our countrys obesity problems on MD or BK it's just they have had such a huge impact on our comuitys that there menus have become some peoples entire diet, and THAT just make me mad.

I fail to see how we can legitimately blame the chains for American's eating habits.

Fast food chains do serve a purpose. I believe it's convenient for those of us that travel and are short on time and need to pick up a quick meal on the run. So while I may pick up a coffee and fresh fruit snack three times a week at McD's I really don't eat a meal at a chain more than once a week on average. Eating the majority of your meals at fast food chains makes no more sense than doing all your grocery shopping at convenience stores. The consumer is solely responsible for his or her buying (or eating) habits. The recent switch away from trans fats and the addition of healthy menu items are steps in the right direction. If a person chooses to "supersize me" ten times a week that's his freedom to clog his own arteries and there is no liability on the institution. Many chains even provide detailed nutritional info on their entire menu upon request so there's no deception going on.

Fast food chains like McDonalds employ millions of students and senior citizens, donate hundreds of thousands of dollars towards charities, provide scholarships and tuition assistance for many of their student team members as well as other perks. All of this has a significant positive effect on our economy.

Harbor hatred towards these companies if like but I believe there are many things in this world that justify our disdain more than fast food chains.

I agree with your points, but their food still sucks pepinos.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby deaddisc » Thu May 03, 2007 2:21 pm

jamsisjams wrote:
Many chains even provide detailed nutritional info on their entire menu upon request so there's no deception going on.

From my personal experience, these informational items are usually hidden behind advertisements and other promotions.

Then again, I usually visit these establishments via drive-thru so my perspective may be warped.

So what you are saying is that the info is hidden behind that fat pimple faced chick who is handing you your food. :lol:

For me McDonalds is the way to go. I love their fries, chicken nugs, chicken selects, chicken sandwiches, and most of all their delicious chocolate shakes. However I must agree with the point that all fast food is aweful for your health, thus I try to stay away as much as possible.
On a side note Hardys makes an awesome burger, and Sonic is another place where the chicken sandwiches are great. I have neither near me, but when I go south on vaca I usually hit up one of the two.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fritz » Thu May 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Fries used to go to mickey d's until they had to not cook them in animal fat :( now they are just like all the other fries. Burger King has great fries. Wendy's does too.

Chick sandwich it's a toss up between MickeyD's and Wendy's.

Goodtimes kicks everyones ass when it comes to burgers. Unfortunalty they are only a CO company, so none of you have any idea what I'm talkin about.

Frosty's > Shakes.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 pm

there is a carls jr equivalent, i just never remember what they are called.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby roadkill » Fri May 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:there is a carls jr equivalent, i just never remember what they are called.

Isn't Hardee's the same as Carl Jr's?

I hadn't had a burger in about a month until last night. I went through the drive thru at BK and picked up an angus burger on a corn dusted roll. It was incredible!
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.