My budget computer COMPLETE!!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby chris86wm » Wed May 02, 2007 1:37 pm

I just set it up and everything works fine. I'm on the fence on whether to install XP or Vista. I am adding another stick of 512 ram soon so that may be just enough to get Vista running well, but I dont know. Either way it doesnt really matter b/c i will be running linux 90% of the time.

sleepy wrote:Hopefully you won't have that problem, but did the stuff you bought come w/ any kind of warranty?

Motherboard = 2 year warrenty
Hard drive = 3 year
Ram = lifetime
Processor...i really dont know

I have been building for a while and the only thing I have had to RMA is a motherboard that came DOA.
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby sleepy » Wed May 02, 2007 2:46 pm

Cool, nice warranties!

chris86wm wrote:I have been building for a while and the only thing I have had to RMA is a motherboard that came DOA.

Consider yourself fortunate. :?

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Terrence » Thu May 03, 2007 9:26 pm

I have had the CRT fry in a two month old monitor, a six month old HD chock full of music die with that wonderful perpetual 'click-click-click-click...." sound, and have gone through at least three CD burners. I have terrible luck with hardware.

I bought the same model refurbished from Viewsonic and it's been bright and crisp for years
:roll:
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.