UFC

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

UFC

Postby jmammo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:18 pm

What do you guys think of the fights tonight? It's the season final of the Ultimate Fighter Season 5. Personally I have Manny over Nate and Jens over BJ. I may be wrong, I am a lot.

Manny is a hard guy to really fight against. He is ball of fire. I think he will dominate stand-up. Nate however will get him into some sort of submission attempt a few times, maybe a rear-naked choke or triangle? Manny being as small as he is should be able to slip out of there unless Nate gets them really tight. This is the fight I am really looking forward to tonight.

Jens has some heavy fists and I think BJ can only take so many of them before he gets knocked down. Jens won't knock him out but he will put BJ on his ass a few times. BJ will give him a run for his money though. I think Jens will make some stupid mistakes on the ground and BJ will just wail on him and land a few good elbows. This fight will be close but I have Jens to win it simply because I don't like BJ.
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby steezo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:28 pm

I don't care much for BJ either. I hope Manny knocks Nate's punk a$S out ! :twisted:
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby steezo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:31 pm

On a side note- The Ping Pong match cracked me up-I laughed harder every time they showed BJ's face. :lol:
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jmammo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:20 pm

What just pissed me off was that they hyped this finale as being live but right after the Emerson fight, which is f****** amazing (I can't believe Gray knocked himself out!), they bleeped out his swear.
I have the whole season recorded as well as this "live" finale so I will be watching these fights again tomorrow when I am not so tired from work.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jmammo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:23 pm

I really can't believe how bad they trashed the house! Dana or whoever pays for that thing then they royally screw it up by throwing food and stuff and writing on the walls. If I was them I would try to keep the house in as best of shape as I could. You only get one chance like that and I wouldn't want to come off as the guy that just likes to destroy things.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jmammo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:06 pm

Man what a horrible fight between Manny and Nate. Manny totally had the first round but then in the second round he totally messed up his shoulder, which he had hurt previously. I don't think Nate should get the contract and all that other crap that came with it. Hell, the guy couldn't even put a sentence together when he was talking with Joe after the fight.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby steezo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:48 pm

BJ just treated Jens like a red headed step child.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby chris86wm » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:53 pm

The no contest was freakin crazy. Overall I would say it was a decent show, but I think EliteXC's card with Shamrock and Baroni took the cake this weekend.
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby jmammo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:12 am

The person that really pissed me off the most during the whole season was Wang. He never did what Bj told him to do. I don't remember who he fought during the show but he is a black belt in BJJ for christ sake! What does he do with the guy? Stand up. He should not have fought last night.
Then after his fight on the show he cried like a little girl. I don't think he has any career in MMA if he keeps disregarding what his coaches say.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ferretdance03 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:46 pm

jmammo wrote:What just pissed me off was that they hyped this finale as being live but right after the Emerson fight, which is f****** amazing (I can't believe Gray knocked himself out!), they bleeped out his swear.
I have the whole season recorded as well as this "live" finale so I will be watching these fights again tomorrow when I am not so tired from work.

They have everything on a time delay, just like all other live shows.

But the fights were good.
I think the no contest was ridiculous. He was dazed, but I don't think he was knocked out. And Emerson tapped before anyone knew what was up with Gray.
Sucks for Manny, I was pulling for him to beat up on Nick.
I like Bj and Jens, but man, Bj put the whooping on Lil Evil!
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby jmammo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:18 am

ferretdance03 wrote:I think the no contest was ridiculous. He was dazed, but I don't think he was knocked out. And Emerson tapped before anyone knew what was up with Gray.

I think Gray was out cold man. When you look at the replay (the 10 freakin times they showed it), his eyes where rolled back into his head when he rolled off Emerson.
It reminded me of the recent Liddell vs Jackson fight. In that fight Chuck went lights out. Some people thought he did, others didn't.
I both fight though the judges/ref. made the right call.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby chris86wm » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:59 pm

jmammo wrote:I think Gray was out cold man. When you look at the replay (the 10 freakin times they showed it), his eyes where rolled back into his head when he rolled off Emerson.

Whether or not he was out shouldnt have been the question. The ref waved off Emerson when he tapped out and NOT Gray, therefore Gray should have won the fight regardless. I dont think anyone realized that Gray was out until the fight was over, so technically the fight had already been stopped due to the tapout and gray should have been given the W.
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:23 pm

chris86wm wrote:
jmammo wrote:I think Gray was out cold man. When you look at the replay (the 10 freakin times they showed it), his eyes where rolled back into his head when he rolled off Emerson.

Whether or not he was out shouldnt have been the question. The ref waved off Emerson when he tapped out and NOT Gray, therefore Gray should have won the fight regardless. I dont think anyone realized that Gray was out until the fight was over, so technically the fight had already been stopped due to the tapout and gray should have been given the W.

That is what really erked me. He has already been given the win essentially, then they took it away because he appeared to be out cold.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby jmammo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:28 pm

^ good points. He was out though before Emerson tapped. But then again Emerson did tap before everyone knew about Gray. We could go on for a while debating this. I think it was a good call taking the win away from him.
To keep this thread alive I have a question for the few of you guys that are responding to this thread.
Who is your favorite fighter(s)?
I like anyone that has ever beaten Ken Shamrock and Ortiz.
But seriously may favorite would have to be Georges St. Pierre, Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.
BTW Hughes and Serra will be the coaches on the Ultimate Fighter 6 and at the end they will fight for the Welterweight title.

jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby chris86wm » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 pm

Fedor Emelianenko
Wanderlei Silva
Josh Barnett
all former Pride FC fighters cause we all know Pride > UFC
UFC heavyweights better watch out if they sign Fedor, cause they are gonna get slaughtered.

I also like Mighty Mo from K-1
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.