and once again they strike!!!!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

and once again they strike!!!!

Postby gorillaboy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:45 am

well I just found out from one of my friends the other day that some one decided to steal basket #1 from my home course "Willow Run" in Kellner WI.....that and there was damage to basket #10 at North Wood County Park by Marshfield WI but the basket didn't get taken but some one sure tried to take it though.....

why does this crap have to keep happening??....I still haven't heard anything about my basket that was stolen this last spring and now this?

I agree with my friend that we should pull our course out and only put it in when we have league's or tourney's ..... and post the reason why we pulled the course out ....it may be a bit harsh I know ( but it wasn't my idea ) but what else can you do to prevent things like this from happening??? ....Besides hooking all the baskets to high voltage and turning it on at night :twisted: hehe
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby jmammo » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:40 am

you should pull it out of the ground. You are going to spend more money replacing the stolen baskets than anything you might have to buy for moving them.
However having electricity running through the baskets at night is not a bad idea. Hell you could charge money for people to watch the electrocutions. That would pay for the stolen baskets. :twisted:
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby gorillaboy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:55 pm

jmammo wrote: Hell you could charge money for people to watch the electrocutions. That would pay for the stolen baskets. :twisted:

now theres a concept :shock:
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby black udder » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:45 am

That really sucks. It really comes down to how badly you want the course and how much crap you're willing to put up with (since it would appear the local police are unable to do much).

There are so many people doing bad things but we don't give up, and that would be just that. Thieves are making you pull the course because you feel unable to protect it.

I like the idea somebody had of securing the holes so well they can't be removed. A pain in the ass, but might work.

It's understandable if you've all had enough though. Real shame. A few can spoil all the fun for everybody else.

That was the good thing about the wild west. You just sit and wait, they come out, shoot 'em. End game. Move on.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby SkaBob » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:05 am

black udder wrote:I like the idea somebody had of securing the holes so well they can't be removed. A pain in the ass, but might work.

This didn't work here. They just broke all the welds and took all the actual basket parts, leaving the pole in the ground.

Start a collection for a bounty on the person. We've had bounties for info on people who do stuff like this get up above $300 in one day. Post a sign at the courses regarding the bounty, with an updated report of it's current value. Punk kids see they can make $500 just from turning their idiot friend in after a stupid prank, they might start doing the right thing.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby gorillaboy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:11 pm

SkaBob wrote:
black udder wrote:I like the idea somebody had of securing the holes so well they can't be removed. A pain in the ass, but might work.

This didn't work here. They just broke all the welds and took all the actual basket parts, leaving the pole in the ground.

Start a collection for a bounty on the person. We've had bounties for info on people who do stuff like this get up above $300 in one day. Post a sign at the courses regarding the bounty, with an updated report of it's current value. Punk kids see they can make $500 just from turning their idiot friend in after a stupid prank, they might start doing the right thing.

thats not to bad of an idea....I know we posted a sign at the course saying that if the person would turn in the basket no charges would be brought on them ....but I think we offered some kind of reward for other that would turn in the guilty one.. but I'm really not to sure on that one though...see I never get out there to really know whats going on with every thing that happens I just get the word like a couple weeks later ...
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby redspexxx » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:22 pm

talk to local businesses that buy scrap metal. remind them that buying a basket stolen from the city is just as bad as a manhole cover. the city "owns" our baskets, im not sure how it works for you guys, so might wanna check on that first. we've had 3 baskets taken in the last 6 months, its stupid, dumb, and probably not disc golfers. i say this because they completly thrash the baskets to get them down. then i see news reports about how much scrap metals are selling for and hearing about people getting arrested for stealing copper wire from air conditoners. i dont think disc golfers take baskets as much as homeless people do...
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby gorillaboy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:35 pm

you know now that you mention that I do think scrap metal is up right now around here......man I really hate stupid people
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby Mesaranger » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Could be scrape metal!! Being a contractor here in Colorado I have seen and been through some goofy things (i.e. main water lines getting pulled out of the ground to be sold, entire electrical systems being pulled out of new homes prior to drywall,ect.). I like the bounty idea, that might work here for the few problems we have with our course in the middle of town.

I would be willing ot picth in for the cost of electricly charging the baskets to help ya out. One condition though, you have to take video of it!! :twisted:
Mesaranger
Tree Magnet

Postby Roy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:53 pm

Hey GorillaBoy, I would say the pin at North Wood was just straight up vandalized. It didn't look like it was stolen. It looks like someone beat it with a bat or something....

I noticed a bunch of gang grafitti at Standing Rocks as well...

Sucks :roll:

How come nobody ever sees these punks in action?
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:19 pm

ibet u it was scrap metal. fiends steal copper pipe in canton all the f-ing time. it sucks really bad. every day you can open up the paper and see it. people even break into peoples houses just for copper now its worth so much i guess.

i would definately have the reward up front and available to scrap-metal places. atleast this way they still make their money...
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby gorillaboy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:16 pm

what ??? theres graffiti out at Standing Rock now....thats it I need to find some land and build my own private course...that only "real disc golfers" can come to and set up sevalance cameras every where!!!! then train some dogs to rip off peoples arms that try to steal/break baskets... :twisted: yeah if I were rich thats what I would do
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.