politics

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Smyith » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:31 pm

Jwt4412 wrote:Bildo,

It isn't about money.

Let's try this.

What cost more to make a Toyota Camry or a Chevy Malibu?

Which car is better the Toyata or the Chevy?

first off you can compare toyata and chevy in this country? toyata only costs the same b/c of import tax costs. and te answer anyway is toyota.

second it is about the money. your stuck b/w 2 jobs, both are equal in benefits but one pays 20% less. what do you choose? 99% of all people take the better paying job. money runs the world w/o it we'd be back in the stone age.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Jwt4412 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:50 pm

Smyith.

It is isn't teacher pay as to why public schools cost more - it is administrators.

As much as 44% of employees of some school disctricts don't even see a student or a child during their work day...

How many administrators or non-teachers do you think are at my son's school and at the diocesees?

Same thing with Toyota and Chevy - Chevy's cost more because of overhead related to pensions and healthcare plans.

The Japanese gov't pay those costs of the retirees. GM does here.

So roughly 3400 of every American Company made car is paying for retireed auto worker pensions and entitlements.

Not exactly fair to GM to have to compete with Toyota in such an enviroment but it is the way it is.

Schools and School Districts are the same way.

Cut the administrators and get rid of the teachers who are not producing - you know the ones... the ones - who don't give a rats ass about the kids. And for God's sake get rid of the teachers who can't pass simple minimum standards testing.

Rewared the good ones , get rid of the bad ones...

Kind of like PRIVATE schools do.

No child benefits from Teacher Union Employment Contract Rules...
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Bildo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 pm

One- Capitalism makes the world go round....its a beautiful thing. Money that is.(It rules all)
Two- Question: What incentives to private school teachers receive that would attract good teachers?
Three- How about we move onto a different subject(after another couple posts from each of us), I'm getting so bored already and i just signed up today. I think we have concluded that NCLB isn't what we should use to determine federal aid, politicians are crooks (for the most part) when it comes to educational funding and teachers are getting screwed by the system.

So can we move on or maybe retouch on another subject that was previously discussed that I might have missed out on. There is only so much we can say about education: LETS WRAP IT UP....agreed?
STARFIRE!!!!!
......Ching.......ahhhhh...
Bildo
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:45 pm

Yikes this thread has grown. I don't know where to begin.

On religion: America is supposed to be the home of religious tolerance, but instead I see moves in politics to remove religion completly. Happy holidays, y'all; may the deity of your choosing enlighten your chosen existence!

On the toyota/chevy debate: I drive a divorce car, aka, a Kia, so I cannot contribute there.

On No child left behind: It was good intentioned; HOWEVER, it does not solve all the problems facing education. It is very prescriptive without solutions. It seems to me that it makes students that are behind fall further behind; placing blame does not help. State tests requirements lower the quality of education. Something is definately getting left behind: instruction!

On cost of schooling: I agree that it is not teachers' salaries costing money. I agree somewhat on the administrative issue. I see schools struggling to meet budget constraints while new office positions are being established. However, a school does need an administrative structure. Do we need 2 positions to manage attendance? Or 3 to run transportation? Probably not. One thing that I notice about teacher,s regardless of salary: with all the time they contribute to education, if they were a part of the business sector instead, they would be millionaires. Some grocery store managers make more than teachers, and they are in charge of vegetables where teachers are in charge of...well you see where I'm going with this.

I better quit before people stop calling me the drunken hillbilly.... :?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.