Pitbull v. Porcupine

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:53 pm

DAMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNn

-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:17 pm

hehe, yeah I've seen those pictures before but nonetheless get a kick out of seeing them again. You just have to wonder what's going through the dog's mind at that point. "Well, this sure sucks." :lol:
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Poor dog!!! That's what kinda sucks about Pits, they can push aside pain to get what they want. Having 'game' is what makes those F'ing dirtbags want Pits so they can fight them.
My uncle had an old hound dog that tangled with a porcupine. He quit after about 10 quills in the nose. My uncle took a pair of pliers and it took 2 days to get them out. He would pull one and the dog would run under the porch and hide for a few hours. When the dog came back out he grabbed him and pulled another. Back under the porch the dog went!
They suck going in but REALLY suck coming out!!!! :shock:
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby jmammo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:37 pm

they probably had to sedate him to take all of those out. In fact I know they would have to.
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Terrence » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:34 am

My dog once got a little too close to a young porcupine. We tried to take them out ourselves but she wouldn't have it. The Vet knocked her out and removed them. 80 quills, $80.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Mesaranger » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:43 am

My family lives in a mountain comunity in Coloradro, and we have three dogs. A british black lab (my hunting hound), 2 golden retreivers. With all that being said i got a phone call (i beleive it was last spring) from my wife, who by the way was LHAO at the dogs trying to shack the quills out of there snouts. On my way home I called my vet to make an appointment to bring these fullsized babies in for quill removal. The info I got from him saved ME alot of damn money and most of all a whole lot of pain for my muts.

He said " Get your dog to lay down, love on them a little, straddle them like your trying to ride a horse (basicly pin them to the ground) try like hell to comfort them before you start. Take a pair of utility scissors and cut the last 1/4 " to 1/2" of the quill (depending on quill lenght), this may cause a little discomfort for you dog, but what it does is releivels the pressure inside the quills. See the quills are (for lack of a better term) pressurized, and with that the end of the quill that is stuck into your dog has small barbs on them (similar to a fox tail weed) and when you relive the pressure by cutting the end off the the quills relax, thus the barbs relax and dont hold nearly as much and should come right out with out a fight from the quill or the dog. "

That was not verbatim but you get the idea.

Any way thats what I did, and yes the dogs still put up a fight a first but no as bad as i have seen :shock: in the past on other dogs that get tangled with a porcupine. Hope this helps any one has this trouble in the future. Better yet I hope it all makes sense. :lol:
Mesaranger
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:11 pm

wow
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Craig » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:59 am

My buddy grew up on a farm. He had great stories about his dogs. One thing he always said, though, was that you take the quills out once. If the dog doesn't learn after that, you put him down.

Always seemed really cold to me, but I grew up in the city where dogs are your family, not your laborers.
Craig
Tree Magnet

Postby J-Man » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:01 am

Staffordshire Bull Terrier, not a pit. The only real difference is Mike Vick owned Pitts and a Staffordshire is considered the clown of the dog world; there's not a mean bone in their bodies. And a Pitt would rip every one of those bone out for fun. Last week in PDX 2 pitts entered a neighbors home through a dog door and attacked a woman and her 2 dogs. Lady got ripped up, one dog killed.
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.