New member's locations

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New member's locations

Postby dgdave » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:26 pm

I was looking at the newest members who have joined and there were quite a few that have their location as "PORN" what's up with that?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: New member's locations

Postby Fritz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:15 pm

dgdave wrote:I was looking at the newest members who have joined and there were quite a few that have their location as "PORN" what's up with that?


Spammer accounts I haven't gotten to yet to delete. They are inactive so they can't post, I jsut haven't been able to get to them since I got back from worlds. No one kept track for an entire week while I was gone, average of 35 new accounts per day * 9 days = 315 new accounts. I'll get to them when I get free time. I try to glance thru and make sure the real ones get approved but they get missed fact of life.

Wish there was an easier way to mass delete, but unfortunately I have to go into the admin panel and put in the name of each account 1 by 1. Because some of them are obviously spammer accounts.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby kvanorsdel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:49 pm

Why not move DGR off of php and on to a less spammed format like SMF?
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Southern WI

Postby Fritz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:19 pm

kvanorsdel wrote:Why not move DGR off of php and on to a less spammed format like SMF?


Not my call. I'd love to see it on a system like that or dragonfly, their spam account protection is killer.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby kvanorsdel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:36 am

Fritz wrote:
kvanorsdel wrote:Why not move DGR off of php and on to a less spammed format like SMF?


Not my call. I'd love to see it on a system like that or dragonfly, their spam account protection is killer.

Yeah we use smf for our club site and since upgrading it to the most recent version we have had no fake accounts get through. I've heard less spammers right programs for the lesser used forum software so maybe it would only be a matter of time, but at least it would work for now
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Southern WI

Postby SkaBob » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:13 am

I don't recall, does DGR use one of those captcha images to fool their programs that auto-register? You should be able to add one to phpbb fairly easily...
SkaBob
Disc Whore
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:51 am
Location: Detroit
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Fritz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:21 am

SkaBob wrote:I don't recall, does DGR use one of those captcha images to fool their programs that auto-register? You should be able to add one to phpbb fairly easily...



There is a outdated image version. Nothing like the scrabbled letters that are hard to read for a true registering user.
It's just black text behind tv static.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: New member's locations

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:25 am

Fritz wrote:
dgdave wrote:I was looking at the newest members who have joined and there were quite a few that have their location as "PORN" what's up with that?


Spammer accounts I haven't gotten to yet to delete. They are inactive so they can't post, I jsut haven't been able to get to them since I got back from worlds. No one kept track for an entire week while I was gone, average of 35 new accounts per day * 9 days = 315 new accounts. I'll get to them when I get free time. I try to glance thru and make sure the real ones get approved but they get missed fact of life.

Wish there was an easier way to mass delete, but unfortunately I have to go into the admin panel and put in the name of each account 1 by 1. Because some of them are obviously spammer accounts.


There is, I put a mass delete mod on my forum. It's real simple to install and real easy to delete 50 people at a time. I'll see if I can find the link for the mod.


found it...

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1692
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: Davenport, IA

Re: New member's locations

Postby Fritz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:16 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
Fritz wrote:
dgdave wrote:I was looking at the newest members who have joined and there were quite a few that have their location as "PORN" what's up with that?


Spammer accounts I haven't gotten to yet to delete. They are inactive so they can't post, I jsut haven't been able to get to them since I got back from worlds. No one kept track for an entire week while I was gone, average of 35 new accounts per day * 9 days = 315 new accounts. I'll get to them when I get free time. I try to glance thru and make sure the real ones get approved but they get missed fact of life.

Wish there was an easier way to mass delete, but unfortunately I have to go into the admin panel and put in the name of each account 1 by 1. Because some of them are obviously spammer accounts.


There is, I put a mass delete mod on my forum. It's real simple to install and real easy to delete 50 people at a time. I'll see if I can find the link for the mod.


found it...

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1692


damn that is nice, I need to get Blake to install that.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS


Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest