Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby DELETED » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:01 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby DanTaylor » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Then I will respond with this article.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/07/ ... beral.html
GorillaTactics wrote:the Wii disc golf game will lead to more shattered LCD TV's than baseball, bowling, and tennis combined.
DanTaylor
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Q Sent

Postby DELETED » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:24 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby rehder » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:06 am

I just want people to be treated with respect. We're free human beings... almost nobody should have to get tased. I don't play liberal/conservative, I just think it's torture.

WORD!

And concerning this article http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/07/ ... beral.html

Well, lets just say. That I wont take that article seriously as a "thinkers" article

The gross misuse of combining personal opinion and statistics is as bad as being an outright liar.

The article makes a link between people dying from taser shots and them being high on crack/cocaine. Insinuating that all people that die of taser shots must be drugaddicts is a substantial claim. Yet I see no evidence to support this claim.

The article also claims that people die less from tasers than guns --> so this must be good. Why is this good? People are still getting killed!

In the end of the article he totally tries to absolve tasers as having negative effects on peoples health, and contributes it all onto people being drugusers!!! WTF!!!
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:13 am

The Discovery Channel makes a lot of money and a lot of their programs about hooey or real subjects with people saying untrue things in them. They get numbers wrong and a curator of a tank museum can't get the names of the exhibits striaght on one of their documentaries. With that said about reliability it is interesting to see that taser are lethal when misused.

I don't suggest anyone to try out for themselves. I suggest not using them on anyone. A program suggested that tasers can do bodily harm and not just those with weak hearts.

From another documentary from another people: Tendon damage not being able to hold number one ever again, permanet insomnia etc. Have you heard the words class action suite? That happened when the police in the US misused pepper sprays to "control" "misbehaving" pro nature demonstrators(sitting down handcuffed) on video by after having been gassed while being taken down by police. These people were already coughing and eyes closed. What the police did was lift eyelids and spray pepper gas from an inch away. This was probably almost standard practice at least in the northwest. 32 people according to the court case had their retinas detached fron this because their eyelids stuck to them and when the eyelids were opened... Some permanent blindness cases... I don't know how widely banned gases are from usage. The gas manufacturers were covered by having written instructions of proper of usage like minimum distance being like a foot or more to keep the dosage down.

A Finnish army reserve 2nd lieutenant that is active in national guard equivalent activities here said that he voluntarily took a jolt of the mildest taser used by the police practicing and said that he puked solids for two days and most water until 20 hours or so after the jolt. Don't kid yourselves about non lethal weapons. For example concrete that dries up in a second or two is just as lethal as any other weapon if it covers your mouth and nostrils. They were initially designed to glue planes to the ground or some such collateral damage reducing thing IIRC.

It's not just the cops being educated dumber in the US. It's the whole people. It's appalling to look from the outside how poorly educated the general populace in the US is. Compared to how well educations is arranged here. Think of this: I didn't pay for higher education. I got state subsidies for studying so that I only had to pay a part of my living costs myself while studying. It's good that enlightened people in the US still have the access to education and information but damn it's restricted to so few because of costs. The same troubles are emerging here too because Finland is poorer country and the state subsidies don't cover everything. You still have to work while studying or be lucky enough to be able to save for studying when you're young. That may not sound bad to someone in the US until you see the prices and wages over here.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby DanTaylor » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 am

sorry that was a poor choice in artciles by me. I typed in google tasers lethal or not and that article came up. I dont do the liberal/conservative thing either because in the end all politicians SUCK.

I am however VERY pro law enforcement and beleive that the taser is a very good weapon for law enforcement. I am going to bow out of this debate because I really dont want it heading in a bad direction, and again I think I chose a poor article to defend tasers.

glhf
GorillaTactics wrote:the Wii disc golf game will lead to more shattered LCD TV's than baseball, bowling, and tennis combined.
DanTaylor
Tree Magnet

Postby DELETED » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:17 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby Jerry R » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:34 am

ZAMson wrote:Here's an article[/url] that mentions 184 deaths from police use of Tasers. If used improperly, they're lethal... and they're almost never used properly. It's on-the-spot torture, and very possibly deadly.

That number is probably a TINY fraction of the total number of people that have been tased. I know - one death is too many, but imagine what that number would be if a bullet was the other option.
15 discs is too many, a thousand is not enough....

You look like you might have seen one up close.
Jerry R
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Q Sentinel

Postby Donkeypuncher » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 pm

If you're high on cocaine/pcp your heart rate is already high, so a high voltage jolt could send you into cardiac arrest pretty easily. We really have no right to criticize, because they are the ones putting their life on the line. I think it's an awesome tool, along with the bean bag shotgun rounds and pepper spray paint ball guns.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DanTaylor » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:35 pm

ZAMson wrote:American Politics = Pro Wrestling

Oh man how TRUE is that
DanTaylor
Tree Magnet

Postby Roy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Kinda off topic, but did anyone see the story about a guy who had a lighter in his front pocket that ignited from a taser? I dont think he was hurt or anything.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Jerry R » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:43 am

Roy wrote:Kinda off topic, but did anyone see the story about a guy who had a lighter in his front pocket that ignited from a taser? I dont think he was hurt or anything.

I smell a Mythbusters episode.
15 discs is too many, a thousand is not enough....

You look like you might have seen one up close.
Jerry R
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Q Sentinel

Postby chris86wm » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:51 pm

chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby DiscWhisperer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:17 am

ROFL, that video was funny.

The whole situation is pretty messed up here. If anything, every single cop on the scene proved themselves to be completely incompetant and I consider them lucky that they still have jobs. Personally, I would not feel safe if I was in that area with those "clowns" on the job.

Instead of taking care of a rowdy student and restoring order to the discussion, they showed that they can't even handle 1 annoying student without hog piling him and zapping him repeatedly with a tazer. How do they handle real threats? I don't want to know to be honest.

Why not cuff the kid and take him offsite so that the rest of the audience could go back to listening to the speech? Why make a spectacle? A national spectacle none the less!

As far as police abuse goes, I would have to agree that it was a little excessive, but I think this is byproduct of hiring people that don't have the skills necessary to do the job.
DiscWhisperer
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:13 pm

DiscWhisperer wrote:ROFL, that video was funny.

The whole situation is pretty messed up here. If anything, every single cop on the scene proved themselves to be completely incompetant and I consider them lucky that they still have jobs. Personally, I would not feel safe if I was in that area with those "clowns" on the job.

Instead of taking care of a rowdy student and restoring order to the discussion, they showed that they can't even handle 1 annoying student without hog piling him and zapping him repeatedly with a tazer. How do they handle real threats? I don't want to know to be honest.

Why not cuff the kid and take him offsite so that the rest of the audience could go back to listening to the speech? Why make a spectacle? A national spectacle none the less!

As far as police abuse goes, I would have to agree that it was a little excessive, but I think this is byproduct of hiring people that don't have the skills necessary to do the job.

I've read often opinions of others that americans are taught to be so self centered by brainwashing them with useless education that they can't understand reality. And that leads to actions that aren't in line with reality like tag team pro wrestling moves plus tazer for one guy whose crime as I gathered without looking at the video was to ask legit questions.

One possible indication that those that say that americans are too self centered and brainwashed to believe that they are the greatest (master race? except that the British know they are as proved by defeating the fool, herr Schicklgrüber, who copied and admired the British and only beat the inventors of concentration camps by developing death camps -ho hum) is thinking that this was a national spectacle. Sheesh, it was international. We had in the papers here in Finland.

For the record I personally don't think that the reasons for inability to handle reality are nearly as black and white or simple as americans are uneducated, self centered or racist or whatever. I want to let people know that how many peoples experience US behavior first hand actually do believe that. That's why I wrote in previous paragraphs the kind of misguided insert proper adjective here that I dare not state publicly. Not entirely accurate all over the world but too true in places. Complex problems. Too bad I'm truly saddened.

Let me put it in record that I think that the people, not the leaders, of the US really should not catch as much flak as they have, do and will. It's not all your fault. But it's up to you to change things for the better. It effects all of us all over the world and believe me that you don't want others to force your hand to make US behavior to change. Or you'll be bowing towards Mecca 5 times a day want it or not or some such thing that even I as an outsider wouldn't want to see happen. Even as reaping what your leaders have sown and as poetic justice for letting them.

I'm not too keen on seeing you the people of the US or other countries punished for the actions of the leaders because we are in the same boat here in Finland. We've inherited a flawed system and have bufoons for leaders mostly and trying to become a politician is kinda pointless when you'll just be encapsulated and insulated from making decisions. Like becoming a senator equivalent would help when there's 199(in Finland) others to give you a bad name and sabotage reasonable actions. And then there's the EU for us to further f up the people and other peoples as well and insulate the people's will from actions of the states.

Pro wrestling isn't really proper way of describing what politics is like all over the world. I suggest listening to the lyrics of Rush in the song Farewell to Kings :-) Scheming demons indeed.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.