car wreck= insurance

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

car wreck= insurance

Postby domromer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:04 pm

Today I got in a accident and totaled my car It's kind of in a grey area if it's my fault or not. the insurance comapnies are investigating. I was wonder if any of you guys have wrecked a car, and how much dod your insurance premiums go up?

I'm wondering how bad they plan on screwing me.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby gorillaboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:10 am

I had a car that got totaled out several years ago and I took the blame for driving it (it was really a friend of mine that was driving) my premiums didn't really go up at all from what I remember and I got like 2 grand from insurance and got to keep the car...I still drove it for about 2 or 3 more years after that before it went to hell and wouldn't run any more...
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby redspexxx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:44 am

whats the grey area? we're both of you doing something wrong? was it on private property?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby domromer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:33 am

I was doing a u turn, but it was legal. He was speeding and hit me. My insurance is arguing hat he had 100 yards between the curve and me, so he should have plenty of time to stop without hitting me. I just assume it was my fault. He was driving down the road, I was in 2 lanes halfway through a uturn. Either way I'm not too stressed. Nobody was hurt, His truck didn't get a scratch, I totaled my car and walked away with little more than being sore all over no cuts or bruises. I've been driving commercially for 10 years now and this is my first accident not bad as almost all (commercial) drivers have some horrific accident story.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby redspexxx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:49 am

might do a 50/50-fault. i think that would be a worst case thing. most likely, they will find him at fault. did they measure his tire marks on the road?

someone tried to say i was speeding once when i hit someone[who was in park in the middle of a dark road talking to someone on the side of the road, but i digress] the cops said the skid marks proved that i was going under the speed limit, so he wrote on the report that even though i rear ended someone they were in the wrong.[and if the guy didnt have his lights on, i could have plowed into him at about 50ish and killed us both...]
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby domromer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:09 am

They are going down to the scene to the do the CSI thing today. In the meantime my insurance is paying for a car rental. I just got off the phone with them and all they have is a hummer......Time to run over some old people..bitchin hummer..bitchin hummer..i ran over my neighbor ( dead milkmen reference)

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby swel304 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:21 am

I was rear ended once. Sitting at a redlight, hit by a woman who was drunk and eating pain pills.

A few weeks later I get a letter from my insurance company that my rate is going up because of the accident. I called and told them they had it wrong, the accident was not my fault. They said yeah but you were still involved in an accident :? I had to get copies of the police reports and threaten to go to another company to get them to keep my rate the same.

So watch out, they will try to screw you hard, even if its not your fault.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:38 am

swel304 wrote:

I was rear ended once. Sitting at a redlight, hit by a woman who was drunk and eating pain pills.

A few weeks later I get a letter from my insurance company that my rate is going up because of the accident. I called and told them they had it wrong, the accident was not my fault. They said yeah but you were still involved in an accident :? I had to get copies of the police reports and threaten to go to another company to get them to keep my rate the same.

So watch out, they will try to screw you hard, even if its not your fault.

heh, I seem to remember a King of the Hill episode where something like that happened. Don't remember the specifics, but they touched on how ridiculous it was to get your rates raised even though an accident isn't your fault at all. It all came down to the fact that you HAVE to carry insurance, and therefore, the insurance companies can screw you how they like.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby domromer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:37 am

Ugg, I was found at fault. Illegal uturn over double solid line and not enough clearance between the turn. Shit man. What a pain. Least I have insurance.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.