lets get ready to rumble!!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Working Stiff » Thu May 22, 2008 9:51 pm

nickster9224 wrote:never got the disc out, it was only an aviar.
ONLY an Aviar!?!?!? BLASPHEMY!

That reminds me of the classic Ted Hendricks story...John Madden said Hendricks was in the locker room getting ready to take a leak when some change fell out of his pocket into the urinal. Hendricks looked in at the change, reached into his wallet and threw a $20 into the urinal. This is in the 70‘s when $20 was a lot of money, so Madden asks him what the Hell he is doing. Hendricks looks back at Madden and says "You didn't think I was going in there for 37 cents, did you?"
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Re: lets get ready to rumble!!

Postby mzuleger » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 am

who should be president? What's the difference I'll end up regreting voting for them in 6 months anyway.
gays should be alowed to marry? Sure, it's none of my business
smoking weed on the course is A OK? I don't do it but it doesn't bother me, you should probably check with your group first though.
midrange discs over rated? Not to me.
organized religion is B.S.? I don't subcribe but it teaches morals to those who apparently wouldn't have them otherwise
should we still be in Iraq? We shouldn't have been there in the first place but we can't leave now.
was 911 an inside job? Doubt it
is abortion OK? Sometimes
are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? In general no... but they have their moments for sure.
Discraft or Innova? Both
Light Beer vs. Normal? Root (I don't drink)
50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Lay it up... I don't even make 50 footers in the open.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:07 am

starter topics:
who should be president? Doesn't really matter, unless they throw a revolution overhauling the political and financial world the best a new president can hope to accomplish is just slow the decline of society for a while.

gays should be allowed to marry? Why the hell not?

smoking weed on the course is A OK? I wouldn't have a problem with it, but the cops might see it differently.

midrange discs over rated? Nah.

organized religion is B.S.? They tend to be. Not all of them, just the vile, hateful ones like Scientology, Christianity and Islam among others. Buddhists are usually cool, unless they're hippies.

should we still be in Iraq? You shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

was 911 an inside job? Define "inside job". In any case, it wasn't the damn planes that brought it down.

is abortion OK? Very. Anything to lower the birthrate. The only problem this earth has is too much people. Solve that and you solve pretty much every else problem (resources, energy, excessive pollution etc.)

are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? Not over here. They're just hard working people who get a lot of shit they don't deserve from people who have an irrational hatred for them. I don't even believe most cops are bad in the States, but their image is constantly being tarnished by trigger happy nutcases.

Discraft or Innova? Neither.

Light Beer vs. Normal? Does anyone drink light beer? What the hell is wrong with you people?!

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Oooooh, tough choice. I'm usually all for the heroics, but depending on the day, I think I'd mostly go with the lay-up.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby turso » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:18 am

starter topics:
who should be president? I, Lordi Henrik Oravainen am the best choice for it.

gays should be allowed to marry? No-one should be allowed to marry.

smoking weed on the course is A OK? Go for it, avoid the cops though.

midrange discs over rated? Not in the least.

organized religion is B.S.? Yes.

should we still be in Iraq? You shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

was 911 an inside job? Hard to say, on subjects like these I don't like giving an opinion without getting all the information, but it's hard to see through what's shit and what's not

is abortion OK? YES.

are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? Generally no, there's always tossers in any work enviroment.

Discraft or Innova? Both.

Light Beer vs. Normal? Beer? What the hell is wrong with you people?!

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Go for it!
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 am

who should be president? Anyone that doesn't have the label "Republican"

gays should be allowed to marry? Don't care.

smoking weed on the course is A OK? It's fine anywhere else too, should be legal. Prohibition didn't work and it still doesn't.

midrange discs over rated? Nope

organized religion is B.S.? Yes.

should we still be in Iraq? We went to Iraq?

was 911 an inside job? Maybe

is abortion OK? Yep, it's your body.

are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? Some of them

Discraft or Innova? Both.

Light Beer vs. Normal? All beer is ok with me

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Depends on the situation.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby IShouldBePlaying » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:13 am

who should be president? Anyone that doesn't have the label "Democrat"

gays should be allowed to marry? Absolutely not

smoking weed on the course is A OK? Keep it off the course.

midrange discs over rated? Not at all. Key part of my game.

organized religion is B.S.? This just makes me mad. NO

should we still be in Iraq? Yes

was 911 an inside job? Most of it

is abortion OK? No under any circumstance. One word adoption.

are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? Yes Yes Yes

Discraft or Innova? I prefer real discs. Innova

Light Beer vs. Normal? Depends on how much I'm drinking and if its hot or cold outside. Both

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? I would probably go for it.
"If only I could ace every hole"
IShouldBePlaying
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pro Boss

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:43 am

IShouldBePlaying wrote:who should be president? not a simple question..Ron Paul is not perfect, but he has some solid ideas

gays should be allowed to marry? There should not be marriage licenses..it is an indirect tax. For Christians and certain other religious affiliations, God instituted marriage. For agnostics/atheists, marriage is simply a human institution that can be followed if one chooses.

smoking weed on the course is A OK? I believe in the legalization of pot...smoking on the course around other folks might put them in an awkward legal situation in our current climate. I am 35 and have not tried it yet...don't plan to

midrange discs over rated? nah..

organized religion is B.S.? no....disorganized religion is lame however

should we still be in Iraq? No

was 911 an inside job? It is always an "inside job" when the state is involved....Statism is power which leads to God knows what..

is abortion OK? no....I don't think "ok" is good way to sum that up....Lower the cost of adoption and cut some of the red tape......

are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? no.......there are a few who are sold out to the brotherhood mentality, however.

Discraft or Innova? Latitude right now

Light Beer vs. Normal? normal...and Belgian!

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? I would probably go for it.

My 2 cents...
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:03 am

is abortion OK? no....I don't think "ok" is good way to sum that up....Lower the cost of adoption and cut some of the red tape......

The problem with this is that it ignores the costs of the pregnancy and the toll the pregnancy could take on the mother. Too much focusing on the future of the child and not enough focusing on the expectant mother.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:17 am

Frank Delicious wrote:

The problem with this is that it ignores the costs of the pregnancy and the toll the pregnancy could take on the mother. Too much focusing on the future of the child and not enough focusing on the expectant mother.

Fair point...let's do both.

encouraging mothers to let the pregnancy go to term with the cooperation and financial assistance of needy couples seems to begin to meet the emotional needs of both parties. I have personally seen this option work out extrememly well consdidering the fragility of the situation. Countless women who have had abortions have regretted that there was (seemingly) nobody available to help emotionally, financially, etc. This leads to a hopeless, dark situation in which the mother is at a dead end. Much, if not the vast majority, of the financial side is coming through Churches and other like-minded groups.

The problem becomes deep and philosopical because many believe that the very idea of trying to open up other options is an afront to the woman...Nevermind that the above mentioned countless women live with regret that they did not have it...
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:

Fair point...let's do both.

encouraging mothers to let the pregnancy go to term with the cooperation and financial assistance of needy couples seems to begin to meet the emotional needs of both parties. I have personally seen this option work out extrememly well consdidering the fragility of the situation.

I see no problem with this being an option for mothers to take.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re:

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:38 pm

wdb4th wrote:Do you think that disc golf would benefit from a "Tiger Woods" type person. Clean cut (at least on the surface) and steeped in tradtion and a love of the game?

Seems a bit contradictory, considering the roots of the sport. Clean cut and disc golf tradition (which is mainly just hippies) kinda rule each other out.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Re:

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:46 pm

JR wrote:
mgoofy24 wrote:Hmm....

Okay, time to have some fun here, and seeing as how there are some Finns on this board (I'm 1/2 Finnish, my mom is full, her grandparents emigrated from Finland).

Do you guys actually eat Lutefisk? I've had it at my grandparent's house a few times and I can barely get down a few bites before I start gagging!

Although, I cannot get enough of my Grandma's Pulla bread!! Mmm, its so good when its straight from the oven and onto my plate. Then followed up by a sauna trip in the day.... I miss saunas, there are not many in California....

(My grandparents live in Wisconsin)

Terve! I've heard enough of lutefisk from my mom and others that I'll never try it :-) There's little that compares to fresh pulla but it ain't bread. Pulla means bun. Not the back cheek :-)

But there are even more suspicious foodstuffs here than fish. Mämmi and blood pancake. I'm not a mämmi fan but with enough sugar and milk I can tolerate it. Blood pancakes are yummy just like blood sausage. A specialty in Tumpsi's home town. Tapola rules as a manufacturer of blood sausage. Lingonberry with blood sausages and pancakes make them even better.

Non suspect foods are Karelian pirogs and bread cheese. Bread chees with cloudberry or cranberry jam... Drool. Cranberry jam is good too. All of these jams plus strawberry jam with ice cream... Lettu or flat pancake with jams(strawberry preference) and maybe ice cream too... My waist is widening thinking of these :-)

Sauna to frozen lake with a hole cut in it and sauna again=fun! Lacking a lake rolling in the snow.

Lutefisk... Ugh, terrible. My mother likes it though, along with a few of my relatives. Mämmi is... Not so great. Blood pancakes and blood sausage = WIN! I don't like lingonberries though.

Karelian pies are pretty much my favorite food in the whole world, with eggbutter of course. I just can't get enough of them.

JR wrote:
mgoofy24 wrote:Hmm, interesting. My grandma makes Pulla in a braided bread type fashion. I can see how it could be a bun though. I like putting butter and cloudberry jam on it :)

Raspberry and strawberry jams work too. By braided I think you mean it takes about thumb diameter dough lines that are tied together like some do hair. Resulting in a long pastry. That's pitko in Finnish. A bun=pulla is round at the base and domey on top. Fits into palm.

Haven't you ever heard the term "pullapitko"? Pitko = pulla in a different shape, but both the bun kind and the roll kind are made from pullataikina and hence both are definitely pulla.

Dammit, I'm hungry now...
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 pm

IShouldBePlaying wrote:gays should be allowed to marry? Absolutely not

organized religion is B.S.? This just makes me mad. NO

is abortion OK? No under any circumstance. One word adoption.

Why am I not surprised...
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:08 pm

SAGE
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Parks » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:42 pm

who should be president? Palin 2012!

gays should be allowed to marry? I don't mind the marrying, its the poopfingering that should be illegal.

smoking weed on the course is A OK? Marijuana smoke is illegal.

midrange discs over rated? The Buzzz is overrated, the Roc is underrated.

organized religion is B.S.? Organized cults and money making schemes are BS, although I guarantee that some chode will say that's all organized religion.

should we still be in Iraq? 'Til the oil runs dry.

was 911 an inside job? 50%, yes. http://xkcd.com/690/

is abortion OK? It should be mandatory.

are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? Only if its my dick.

Discraft or Innova? False dichotomy.

Light Beer vs. Normal? Normal beer IS light beer, you sally. Get me at least an IPA or Porter, preferably something stronger.

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Go for it, ffs.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.