lets get ready to rumble!!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby scoot_er » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:24 pm

wdb4th wrote:I hate everything.

Lets see if we can get people to say something mean about me.....

1. I like Quest discs.
2. I miss the days when a war meant you renamed the country you defeated.
3. I like beer. All beer. <----------Lie I hope

2 truths and a lie. Lets all fight
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Houston, Tejas

Postby Spinach D » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:14 pm

"It's funny how many people that are wildly skeptical about God have no skepticism towards Obama."

-Spinach D

"It is understandable that young people are so strongly attracted to Obama. Youth is another name for inexperience — and experience is what is most needed when dealing with skillful and charismatic demagogues."

-Thomas Sowell
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:47 am
Location: Minneapolis

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm

tumpsi wrote:
Bradley Walker wrote:America!!! Fuck yah!!!

That's all I think about the fine American "democracy".
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.


The US is a representative republic not a democracy. Our government is defined by the Constitution of the United Stated States of America (the greatest founding document in the history of the world).

http://www.government.fi/tietoa-valtioneuvostosta/perustietoa/en.jsp

Interesting read, I especially liked the part about the Presidential meeting every Friday at 11 am... Sounds like a glee club or something.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Spinach D wrote:"It's funny how many people that are wildly skeptical about God have no skepticism towards Obama."

-Spinach D

"It is understandable that young people are so strongly attracted to Obama. Youth is another name for inexperience — and experience is what is most needed when dealing with skillful and charismatic demagogues."

-Thomas Sowell


That is good stuff Spinach.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:03 am

Bradley, did the comic book you got your history lessons from pictures of 8 breasted German beer girls? If so could you post them? :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby tumpsi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 am

Bradley Walker wrote:
tumpsi wrote:
Bradley Walker wrote:America!!! Fuck yah!!!

That's all I think about the fine American "democracy".
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.


The US is a representative republic not a democracy. Our government is defined by the Constitution of the United Stated States of America (the greatest founding document in the history of the world).

http://www.government.fi/tietoa-valtioneuvostosta/perustietoa/en.jsp

Interesting read, I especially liked the part about the Presidential meeting every Friday at 11 am... Sounds like a glee club or something.

I meant the "democracy" you bring to the world. Just like Iraq, Vietnam, Cuba,
the gulf war, Japan, etc. Fighting for democracy outside your borders is like
fucking for virginity.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:16 am
Location: Finland

Postby readysetstab » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:15 am

Spinach D wrote:"It's funny how many people that are wildly skeptical about God have no skepticism towards Obama."


guess i'm the exception :)
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Postby DELETED » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:35 am

DELETED
DELETED
 

Postby rehder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 am

Bradley Walker wrote:One last thing...

McCain, Obama, Hillary is the best we can do?

Holy crap what a pack of losers...

For all of you "re-distributors" out there that embrace the socialist dogma of the new Democrat (New Socialist) Party of Hillary and Obama:

"Heard a story once about a female college student yelling at her well off Father for making too much money and not "giving" it away. Now this woman came from a very Liberal Minded school where her economic professors basically said that there should be a fair "re-distribution" of wealth.

Her father asked his daughter if she had good grade. She said that she earned a 4.0 in every subject. The Father then asked about her best friend, Sally and what kinda grades she got. Sally got a 2.0 gpa.

So the father mentioned to his daughter, why dont you give Sally 1.0 of your 4.0 gpa then you'll both have be equal and have a 3.0 gpa. The Daughter ranted and raved how she worked so hard and devoted so much time to her grades where Sally partied and didn't study.

The Daughter thought that was insane and crazy how she should just give her grades to a person who did nothing, the Father replied "welcome to the Republican Party"!"


I guess you have to ask yourself, are you the daughter, or are you Sally?


This would obviously be the typical retort of rightwing idealists when responding to questions about wellfare systems. The thought that other people might take advantage of your hard work must really get to you.

Im proud that I live in a country where we at least acknowledge that not all people are born under the same star. That its not because "Sally" partied that she got a 2.0 gpa. But maybe she got a 2.0 gpa, because she is dyslexic, doesnt have a supportive background, etc...

Your retort would obviously be to: "Deal with it" In wich case I would say

Im glad that I live in a country where the contribution of my fellow danes can help a lot of individuals, that have no to little means to help themselves. Are there people who will abuse this system. Sure there are. But of the people receiving help, the scammers are in the minority.


On another note:

You can keep on bantering about things that happened 60 years ago all you like, but in any case that still doesnt give the US the right to kill at least 100000 iraqis. (There is some debate about the total number og iraqi deaths that can be attributed to the US led invasion. But figures from WHO and other organisations, put the number above 300000!!! iraqi deaths)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/19/iraq

And on another note, gl with everything once countries decide they dont want to keep supporting the US's gigantic deficit. Why should we continue to give loans to people that just use the money to kill other people for no justifiable reason?

edit for typo
Last edited by rehder on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: Discn in northern Europe

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:45 am

tumpsi wrote:II meant the "democracy" you bring to the world. Just like Iraq, Vietnam, Cuba,
the gulf war, Japan, etc. Fighting for democracy outside your borders is like
fucking for virginity.


Well, our military presence in Europe up until the fall of Soviet Union pretty much kept your country from being communist and becoming part of the Soviet Union. I wonder how your parents would have liked living under Stalin (who killed about 10-20 million people BTW). Ask the folks living in Hungary...

So, in that our military guaranteed your freedom outside of our borders.

So once again, you are welcome.

I think what we are doing in Iraq is very similar. We unseated a murderous dictator that used weapons like nerve gas and mustard gas on his own people, thumbed his nose at the UN, and raped women for sport. When we invaded Iraq people were crying in the streets as the troops rolled in. Now, we have the difficult task of stabilizing the region which requires a strong military presence. Not unlike Europe, which still has the majority of our military bases abroad.

It amazes me how fast Europe has forgotten about the WW2 and the Cold War and the sacrifices that were necessary to bring freedom and stability to the continent. It is like everyone has gone stupid.
Last edited by Bradley Walker on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:49 am

JR wrote:Bradley, did the comic book you got your history lessons from pictures of 8 breasted German beer girls? If so could you post them? :-)


I must apologize to JR, as I really know almost nothing about the role of Finland during World War II.

I was just responding to an insulting generalized comment by using broad brush stroke generalizations in kind. I feel I made my point.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 am

rehder wrote:This would obviously be the typical retort of rightwing idealists when responding to questions about wellfare systems. The thought that other people might take advantage of your hard work must really get to you.

Im proud that I live in a country where we at least acknowledge that not all people are born under the same star. That its not because "Sally" partied that she got a 2.0 gpa. But maybe she got a 2.0 gpa, because she is dyslexic, doesnt have a supportive background, etc...


There is huge difference between handicapped and lazy. We have an incredible support system in the US for the less fortunate. I myself am a foster parent for children from Child Protective Services here in Texas. My wife and I open our house to abused children, and children from drug homes, etc. You will not find more giving people than Americans if given the opportunity (maybe you could make the case there is little emphasis made to the RICH in the US to be charitable, I will not argue that). I have no problem with charity, I have a problem with a GOVERNMENT who feels they have the RIGHT to take my money and give it to someone else so that they can foster more popularity and garner more votes for themselves and their party.

I guess your view of the welfare state would be directly parallel to your perspective. If you are Sally, I am sure you would think it is great... So, I guess you have to ask yourself, are you Sally? Are you looking to pay INTO the system, are TAKE from the system. Whose right is it to decide whose money gets re-distributed?
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby readysetstab » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:03 am

rehder wrote:
Bradley Walker wrote:One last thing...

McCain, Obama, Hillary is the best we can do?

Holy crap what a pack of losers...

For all of you "re-distributors" out there that embrace the socialist dogma of the new Democrat (New Socialist) Party of Hillary and Obama:

"Heard a story once about a female college student yelling at her well off Father for making too much money and not "giving" it away. Now this woman came from a very Liberal Minded school where her economic professors basically said that there should be a fair "re-distribution" of wealth.

Her father asked his daughter if she had good grade. She said that she earned a 4.0 in every subject. The Father then asked about her best friend, Sally and what kinda grades she got. Sally got a 2.0 gpa.

So the father mentioned to his daughter, why dont you give Sally 1.0 of your 4.0 gpa then you'll both have be equal and have a 3.0 gpa. The Daughter ranted and raved how she worked so hard and devoted so much time to her grades where Sally partied and didn't study.

The Daughter thought that was insane and crazy how she should just give her grades to a person who did nothing, the Father replied "welcome to the Republican Party"!"


I guess you have to ask yourself, are you the daughter, or are you Sally?


This would obviously be the typical retort of rightwing idealists when responding to questions about wellfare systems. The thought that other people might take advantage of your hard work must really get to you.

Im proud that I live in a country where we at least acknowledge that not all people are born under the same star. That its not because "Sally" partied that she got a 2.0 gpa. But maybe she got a 2.0 gpa, because she is dyslexic, doesnt have a supportive background, etc...

Your retort would obviously be to: "Deal with it" In wich case I would say

Im glad that I live in a country where the contribution of my fellow danes can help a lot of individuals, that have no to little means to help themselves. Are there people who will abuse this system. Sure there are. But of the people receiving help, the scammers are in the minority.


On another note:

You can keep on bantering about things that happened 60 years ago all you like, but in any case that still doesnt give the US the right to kill at least 100000 iraqis. (There is some debate about the total number og iraqi deaths that can be attributed to the US led invasion. But figures from WHO and other organisations, put the number above 300000!!! iraqi deaths)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/19/iraq

And on another note, gl with everything once countries decide they dont want to keep supporting the US's gigantic deficit. Why should be continue to give loans to people that just use the money to kill other peoplefor no justifiable reason?

dude, your problems are no one's but your own. the same as everyone else. i'm not saying people shouldn't help one another, but shouldn't we CHOOSE to help rather than being forced? we're going against our own constitution and you say it's okay just because you're benefiting. thanks for helping to destroy america. the place where people used to come for freedom to work and make as much money as they could and make a better life for themselves. now we promote poverty (at least our own version of it - not like third world country level of course) by making it okay not to work and just collect welfare checks. and by making our public schools a wreck, generally the only people that make it into government office are privately educated. of course this causes a rift between "classes" and we have wealth envy (the staple of the democratic party). there's something you should know - even your democratic leaders dont believe what they're telling you. but they make a hell of a lot of money convincing you otherwise. they'd like to say thanks for padding their pockets, by the way. i'm sure they'd tell you theirselves but it might be a little harder to get your vote.
Last edited by readysetstab on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Postby Dale » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:03 am

Who should be president? Al Gore!!!!!!
That should stimulate some discussion.

Gays should be allowed to marry? Why not? But they shouldn't be allowed to divorce. Heh heh! (This is a joke.)

Smoking weed on the course is A Ok? Just try to be subtle about it, you freaking dopers.

Midrange disc are underrated? Roc-crazy and Buzz-crazy golfers make sure this doesn't happen

Organized religion BS? Organizing isn't bad, but those who do the organizing and make the interpretations - bad.

Should we still be in Iraq? Bush made sure we will be in Iraq for at least 50 years, so accept it and try to make the best of it.

Was 911 an inside job? No. There is some evidence indicating other contributing factors, but its a big step to a conspiracy theory.

Is abortion OK? I don't believe I would get an abortion if I were a woman, and it feels wrong to me under most circumstances. However, I'd hate to return to the days of backstreet abortions done by hacks. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. Lets face it, abortions are going to be done no matter what the legislation (whether by representatives or the courts), so lets find a way to protect women from butchers while making "convenient" abortions difficult to get.

Are cops in general a bunch of dick mouths? No. Generalities of any kind are stupid.

Discraft or Innova? I'm leaning towards Discraft, but I'd hate to give up my Beasts and XDs.

Light Beer vs. Normal? Normal. Light beer is an abomination.

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Pull out the old Hydra and go for it!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't do this, but if you play against me I hope you will.
Dale
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Postby rehder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:08 am

Bradley Walker wrote: thumbed his nose at the UN, and raped women for sport



The US does the exact same thing. They thumb their nose at UN, if decisions are made that dont happen to conincide the US agenda. And if you havent realized it, people where cheering in Iraq, because they thought they where being liberated. Now years after, they find out that bullets fired by the coalition or the mercenaries hired by them are just as lethal, if not more so than Saddams. As far as raping women for sport, the US occupation has proved that they apparently like to violate people just as much. I can just say Abu-Ghraib to start it off. Since then countless attacks on people have been reported.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: Discn in northern Europe

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests