lets get ready to rumble!!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby readysetstab » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:13 am

nevermind my comment by the way. i see now that you're not american. liberal/european... hard to tell you apart.
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Postby rehder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:17 am

@readysetstab I dont live in the US, If you havent noticed. So Im not destroying anything in the US

And I dont think people should decide who should be worthy of help. It is impossible for me to know all the people who need help, and who needs it more than somebody else. I trust my government to make these choices. Thats why I vote. If I feel that they are doing a poor job, I will vote for someone else next time.

the place where people used to come for freedom to work and make as much money as they could and make a better life for themselves
I begin to think the american dream is just that, a dream. A dream that only comes true for very few individuals. And of that number who achieved it without having any means to start of with, I assume the number to be even less.

@bradley Why wont you respond to my posts without referencing WWII?
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby readysetstab » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:19 am

90+% of our wealthy are first generation wealthy. no rich daddies, in other words.
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:20 am

Who should be president? Obama

Gays should be allowed to marry? Yes

Smoking weed on the course is A Ok? No, idiots.

Midrange disc are underrated? Nope. Like saying wedges in ball golf are underrated.

Organized religion BS? they could be but they do provide hope and inspiration to a lot of people.

Should we still be in Iraq? Probably not

Was 911 an inside job? Don't think so.

Is abortion OK? Yep

Are cops in general a bunch of dick mouths? No, people who generalize others based on their professions are though.

Discraft or Innova? Innova

Light Beer vs. Normal? Normal, shame if you say light... SHAME!

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Go for it.
Last edited by Frank Delicious on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby rehder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:21 am

edit.... think I misunderstood readysetstab's point...Problem with not having english as mothertongue
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Spinach D » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:45 am

What if Iraq becomes a stabile demacracy with free markets?

What if the freedoms of religous minorities in Iraq are successfully protected?

What if, in 5-10 years, the common Iraqi has more money, more freedom and more of a future than arabs living elswhere in the arab world?
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:49 am

Spinach D wrote:What if Iraq becomes a stabile demacracy with free markets?

What if the freedoms of religous minorities in Iraq are successfully protected?

What if, in 5-10 years, the common Iraqi has more money, more freedom and more of a future than arabs living elswhere in the arab world?

What if I had one billion dollars?

What if the moon was made of cheese?

What if unicorns were real?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby plastic_fondler » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:05 am

Who should be president? Obama

Smoking weed on the course is A Ok? legal for me on the courses I play...

Midrange disc are underrated? Yes

Organized religion BS? tool to motivate the masses

Should we still be in Iraq? No

Was 911 an inside job? No...

Is abortion OK? Yes

Are cops in general a bunch of dick mouths? In general, no...but there are a few dicks. Doesn't stop me from disliking em all.

Discraft or Innova? I like throwing plastic at metal.

Light Beer vs. Normal? I live in NorCal...craft beer capital of the US.

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? nut up and bang it
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby mgoofy24 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:16 am

plastic_fondler wrote:[

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? nut up and bang it

I love it!!!! The term "nut up" is fantastic. I am adding that to my daily vocabulary :)

I love NorCal, so much craft brew. I'm lucky enough to now live 2 blocks from Beach Chalet, so I get my gallon of craft beer weekly :)

As for Discraft v. Innova, i never understood brand loyalty when it came to discs. Throw what you throw best, not which company is popular in your area. With online disc sales (really the only way I can get discs in NorCal) being so prevalent, why should you care whether your throw Discraft or Innova, or..gasp, Gateway!!!?? Brand loyalty blows, throw what works.
mgoofy24
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 am

Bradley Walker wrote:
JR wrote:Bradley, did the comic book you got your history lessons from pictures of 8 breasted German beer girls? If so could you post them? :-)

I must apologize to JR, as I really know almost nothing about the role of Finland during World War II.

I was just responding to an insulting generalized comment by using broad brush stroke generalizations in kind. I feel I made my point.

Hmm. I missed the insult. Who, what, where, when?

By making uninformed broad generalizations yourself? What good does that do?

No apology necessary to me as I'm not offended. Not only for your own sake but for the sake of other Americans you probably should refrain from commenting until you get your facts straight. You've commented the scientific fields of economics and political sciences. Maybe you've studied them but I don't see rational results in your opinions based on what I know of these subjects. Really don't wanna tell what I've done to study these fields as a pissing contest isn't helpful.

Not everyone in Europe has forgotten the past. I'd think the other way around when comparing to the US. FYI During the two wars fought between Finland and the SU during WW2 Finns lost on average about 5 people dead per day to the Soviets and we weren't occupied. No thanks to the US really. Roosevelt was using back channel diplomacy to Stalin to say that the US doesn't like Soviets occupying Europe and look what it did to stop Stalin. Nothing. Ask Hungarians and Czechs and Slovaks on continued policy of the Soviets. Like the US had influence on them. Only arms kept the Soviets at bay. The Soviets got a bloody nose from Finns and vice versa. How many western neighbors of the SU didn't hey attack during the cold war other than Finland? Very few that didn't have NATO troops in them. Maybe the Soviets knew that the price would be hefty for invading Finland again? Without US interference thank you very much again :-) For nothing.

3 capital cities in countries officially involved in fighting during WW2 weren't occupied. London, Moscow and Helsinki. Do you know how many times in Finnish history Finland has been aided by foreign countries in war vs not? That has taught us not to rely on empty promises of the likes of US. Empty how? Ask Hungarians that were encouraed to revolt by the US. President no less and not a finger was lifted to help the Hungarians when the revolt began. You must be really proud to say that the US tricked thousands of Hungarians to die just like in Czechoslovakia. Do you think the US would go to war with the US over Finland? Didn't for Czechoslovakia or Hungary for example. WW2 ain't what's going on today. Different strokes now. Lost glories...

You won't get too much sympathy here in Finland for your help during the cold war. Since it wasn't that tangible although keeping the commies at bay helped more than most here probably realize. There was a genuine risk of communist world invasion where everyone would've lost.

We don't ever get recognition for what Finns did for the US during the cold war and before in WW2 already. And that's something you have to find out for yourself. This is your home work :-) Couple of hints though.

Finns become US citizens helped recruit Finns and both types of Finns did reconnaissance in the SU in the 50s for CIA. Finns taught US army to fight at winter and revamped cold weather gear from personal equipment and firearms to vehicles. Helped in developing tactics for US special forces and CIA, provided a mountain of intel on SU. Most crucial was probably the knowledge of Soviet Intelligence organs and helping dealing with them. And broken cyphers. Operation Stella Polaris is a classic. Unfortunately for you US intel sucked as bad as it does today and they didn't listen to people running more effective organizations having real world success against Soviets and proceeded on born US "talents" to fail miserably against more primitive and less funded people than Soviets and failing epicly against the Soviets in intelligence war during cold war. Intel was the hot part of the cold war where US and communist agents engaged in very hot shooting wars more or less covertly. In the 50s during many years more than 5000 communist agents were arrested in West Germany alone. Those that weren't did a lot of harm. That's how hot the cold war was. I haven't seen reports on how many Soviets and their allies and US citizens died in open or clandestine combat but I think US didn't notch a kill count as high as Finland during WW2 against the Soviets. Lot's of US airmen were killed in Korea and Vietnam by Soviets. Vice versa too but I think don't know that the Soviets were ahead in this statistic. So where's the thanks to Finns thinning the numbers of Soviets more than the US? Making the Soviets do with fewer people against the US when your government smelled the poo coming from Russia. This is indeed a pissing match on my part :-) In Vietnam the battalion of US army that got the best kill/loss ratio was commanded by a Finn. Ever seen the John Wayne movie Green Berets? John Wayne never forgave the powers that be for changing the nationality of the character he played to Irishman from the real world Finn that inspired the movie. Who helped mountain and winter warfare development and revamped much of tactical comms for US army and taught a mountain of things to US special forces. There's a prize in the US special forces named after this originally Finnish guy. For the people that probably don't realize how insulting it is to most Finns to name us nazis or commies this guy is still a source of pride despite being an Waffen SS 2nd lt. and German spy and major (posthumous) in US special forces and a captain in Finland and having been stripped of his rank for spying for Germany after peace with the SU.

People don't take too kindly to losing 83000+ people out of 3.8 million at the hands of Soviets and 3000+ by Nazis and being called either one or both of them. This is how you get in trouble not knowing things and aclling people insulting things in the minds of the receivers. All over the world. Please come to Finland and go to a bar full of drunken people and call Finns commies or nazis or both and see what happens :-) So Bradley your knowledge level of history certainly qualifies you to run for presidency. Bradley FTW! Seriously over all the other candidates I'd trust Brad over them all any day.

I really wish you as an educated man having over average opportunities to know what you're talking of would not make each US citizen look bad by not knowing enough and after being notified of it still continue making the same mistakes. I'm referring to other factual mistakes in your reply to Tumpsi in the previous post you made before the post I'm replying to. The result is reinforcing the stereotype of know nothing Americans. Not only among foreigners but among your own countrymen. Acting like I don't need to know anything because nobody else doesn't either doesn't really fly. The results hurt everyone globally.

At least you got more facts right and less wrong for a higher percentage than earlier but politics and history aren't your strong suit I'm afraid. Other than me raising my hat for your foster parent activities. Hardly qualifications for making analysis of history and would be scenarios. You managed to prove the opinion of many (most?) foreigners that people in the States are uninformed and still choose to act like they are right and make things worse not only for themselves but the rest of the world by acting on false assumptions. Who nominated the US a world leader? What good has it produced vs bad in relation to other alternative ways of running the world? Considering shared illusions of the American society as a whole meaning not on average or individually but how the resulting actions portray US values. As seen in actions your country and individuals take. And what the results for the world are. And how easy it would be to improve on that with just a little more correct information on the state of the world affairs. A couple of 101 level course would do a world of good if they'd be adopted. As long as the course content would be better than courses I've heard of. And still being very basic. People are being fooled by very simple tools and ideas.

Not every country or every country working together as an example of how to run the world is the level of Taliban you know. Although in the eyes of many better informed people than average US citizens (and especially your politicians and military that like everywhere give a bad reputation to the people as a whole as they tend to be less good than the majority of the population) the US is only a bit ahead of Taliban. Sound like generalizations? Maybe so but also unfortunately true. My point is that I believe no nation is fit to lead others. Very few people are fit to lead other people and being swamped by a sea of idiocy makes sure that the great minds would be swamped trying to hold the hands of the not so great. Other methods are required.

Haven't verified it yet but seems that a bunch of PHDs didn't manage to destroy the world on thursday two weeks ago. Good luck next time. A colleague told me that CERN created a black hole. On earth! Hello! Sifting the geat minds from idiot sauvants is a chore. Without sauvants but still idiots are usually quickly detected. The people in between need a lot of teaching and I'm not aware of any place where real data is taught. With emphasis on helping people make use of data in real world applications on behavior of self and helping/leading of others. Bits and pieces are given and most fail to see the big picture and even fewer won't go mad after seeing glimpses of how things are. Not great for the future of mankind and the planet.

Edit: Leave it to the Americans to kill a man that fought commies for over 20 years. And was an officer in three armies and fought in two open wars and several covert ones. KIA in Vietnam when a US helicopter pilot crashed the helicopter he was on and killed everyone on board IIRC. He said that he fought commies so that his children didn't need to.
Last edited by JR on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:49 am

mgoofy24 wrote:
plastic_fondler wrote:
I love NorCal, so much craft brew. I'm lucky enough to now live 2 blocks from Beach Chalet, so I get my gallon of craft beer weekly :)

Envying the supply of fine craft beers :!: Gotta drink me some mead now after reading this :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Dut » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:39 am

Who should be president? McCain

Gays should be allowed to marry? No

Smoking weed on the course is A Ok? No

Midrange disc are underrated? Midrange discs are the bomb

Organized religion BS? I believe in god. Also, while there are corrupt people in every kind of organization organized religion produces a much more positive contribution then negative.

Should we still be in Iraq? Yes

Was 911 an inside job? No

Is abortion OK? No under any circumstance. Abortion = murder.

Are cops in general a bunch of dick mouths? No, but like anything else there are a few that give them all a bad name.

Discraft or Innova? I throw both

Light Beer vs. Normal? Cheerwine

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Lay-up
Dut
Tree Magnet

Postby Jager » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 am

Brevity is the soul of wit.
Jager
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:51 am

:lol: :lol: im sorry to have brought this plague on our community :(
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:52 am

plastic_fondler wrote:Who should be president? Obama

Smoking weed on the course is A Ok? legal for me on the courses I play...

Midrange disc are underrated? Yes

Organized religion BS? tool to motivate the masses

Should we still be in Iraq? No

Was 911 an inside job? No...

Is abortion OK? Yes

Are cops in general a bunch of dick mouths? In general, no...but there are a few dicks. Doesn't stop me from disliking em all.

amen brother :)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.